Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do you get the "wet look"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kimberly_b@hotmail.com View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberly_b@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you get the "wet look"?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
I have long,thick,and straight hair. How can I get the "wet look" ? Everyone that I have asked hasn't really given me a good answer. If you can would really appreciate it.Please write me back at kimberly_b@hotmail.com
Karen (LHV) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen (LHV) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:15am
Products To Use For "Wet" Look & Other LooksActually there are some rules of thumbs for achieving different "looks" for your hair. It also depends on the length and whether you wear your hair up or down or in braids.Here is the general rule of thumb on how different hair products work.....Hair Wax Use a wax or pomade to add finishing texture to shorter hair or curly looks. Aveda has a new stick wax that will work great.Hair Gels or Sprays Use a gel or spray gel for scrunching and adding lift to straight or curly hair or if you let your hair air dry.....if applied liberally...can achieve a "wet" of slicked back look. I use Aveda's Confixer and apply it to my towel dried hair. I pull back the sides and wrap the rest of my hair in a chopstick bun and I have wet looking hair all day.I also use Confixer and then "scrunch" my hair and then lightly blow dry with head hanging upside down. I get a wild, wet and wavy finish.Gloss or Shine Products Use a gloss for finishing shine on straight or curly hair. Aveda's Satin Mist Shine will do the trick. Bain de Terre has a nice gloss that I use very sparingly. Remember......gloss products usually have silicon and that can build up on your hair. If you use a gloss...be sure and do a detoxifying shampoo on a regular basis to remove any buildup.Grease Products or Heavy Leave In Conditioners Use a grease product or a heavy leave in conditioner and air dry your hair for a 50s style or 30s style wet look or heavy waves. I use the Aveda Elixer product and apply liberally to towel dried hair. Then I braid my hair and when dry I undo for massive wet looking waves.Gel-Mousse To get a shiny wet look.You can also combine any of the products. When I want to really experiment I will use confixer on the sides of my hair and slick it back, I will use a tiny dab of shine on the rest of my hair before I put it in a chopstick knot and then I might use Elixier to blow dry just my bangs. I get a whole different lookRemember that you can also use Aveda's hairspray for finishing control or as an emregency styler.My secret tip..... Sometimes I will use the Aveda oils and apply a tiny amount to my fingers and massage it into my hair with extra amount on the sides. I will then pull my hair back in a soft ponytail or a braid. The oil gives a wet but shiny look as well.Have fun.Karen (LHV)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic