Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCut my long hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut my long hair.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
My hair is extremly long and it is natuaral waved. My hairdresser told me to cut it shorter, so that my hair, which is a bit unhealthy in the moment, could recover. What do you think, have I to cut my hair very short, so my hairdresser told me, or has their to be only a slight cut. Please give me an advice Regards Linda
leo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
I love longhaired women, so I tel you to keep your hair long. If you want you can e-mail me (leo.d@rtmol.it) and we can discuss about it. Love from Italy, leo.
carpe diem
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
I think every hairdreeser on the planet has been programmed to tell every woman with long hair to cut it. My shoulder length hair was always getting a one inch chop when I said "only a trim". My husband has always wanted me to grow my hair long and after all of the "trims" from my hairdresser, I decided that was it . My husband has french braided and done french rolls and curled my hair for years, so I decided he could also trim the ends of my hairtoo. It has been over a year now, and my hair is down to the middle of my back and I get more compliments on my hair than ever before and my husband is extatic. I know hair is growing down to my waist without any questions. I hope this may be some encouragement for you. Good luck!
Andrea
brendan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Linda, only cut your hair if you feel your're at the pint of no return. Don't cut it just to make some stylist who thinks they know which style is best for you screw it up by giving you what you don't want or need. This is important. What do you want? Hopefully you will keep your long hair (how long is extremely long?) If I can help you, E-mail me at odonnellb@nima.com. Good luck, Brendan
brendan
Itzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Hi!If your hair is in bad shape, my advice would be to cut it BEFORE it gets even worse. Brush your hair for about 5 minutes, then take a look at it. How long would you need to take off in order to eliminateany split ends and unhealthy hair? When you have decided, ask your hairstylist to cut less than what you've calculated (eg.: if you think she should cut 3 inches, tell her to cut 2, that way you're keeping her from cutting too much). If you've found a hairdresser you trust (which doesn't seam to be the case), you can simply ask her to cut off what's "tired"...Good luck!
«On ne naīt pas femme: on le
devient» -Simone de Beauvoir
Linda Smith View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
This desicion depends on how bad your hair looks. If it is in really bad shape (i.e. a lot of split ends and stands that look weak and broken when you examine them carefully), I think you should get it cut. If there's only a few split ends and for the most part your hair looks fine, get it trimmed.
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Linda,Sometimes, very long hair needs healthy trims of two to three inches. Though, if your hair doesn't need that much cut and to take care of your split ends (and as I use to do for my ex. wife)... take a small section of hair, twist it around until it's fairly tight, then run your fingers up and down that twisted section of hair. Your split ends will then pop out. Then, you or your lover can simply snip off the damaged ends with-out taking off any length. Proceed with each small section until your small split ends are laying on the floor and your length is still attched.You know, there are probably fewer than 1% of all hairdessers that will caringly work with long hair. I think they're all trained to cut hair short... hey, otherwise how could they stay in business - HA!
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Regarding to my question and your replys, especially Linda`s, I had to cut my hair, because the split was to bad. Thnak you all for your help.Linda
brendan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
How much did you cut off? What is the current length?
brendan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic