Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHairstylists and short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jim Butchee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Butchee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstylists and short hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Why do most hair dressers promote short hair? Because most of us receive only nine to twelve months of training in the U.S. and it covers basic hair cuts and all are from the shoulders up. Also the proper application of perms, hair color and bleach. As you can see, none of these are condusive to long or healthy hair. Students are given their state exams on these abilities. In many countries in the world you must train as a hair dresser for two to three years in which long hair dressing is taught, even though the stylist may choose not to work with long hair . Truth time! Short hair and chemicals are high maintanance and more MONEY. Ever seen a TV make over teach some one what to do with long hair? NO. What you do see is guess what, short hair and addition of chemicals. Hope this explains it in a nutshell.Got to run, long hair client waiting.Jim Butchee
Joanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
Mike,Hairdressers want to hook you on short haircuts just like drug dealers want to hook you on drugs. Short haircuts grow out in about 4-6 weeks and require ongoing cuts. I have long hair almost to my knees and constantly am being harrassed about how much better I would look with "short hair". Of course this comes from women with very short hair who spend a lot more money on visits to the salon than I do. I get my hair trimmed every 8-10 weeks and avoid all the perming and coloring and all the products short hairs must use to maintain the style. So it makes sense that hairdressers push for makeovers where they cut hair.Joanie
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
I recently went to have my hair trimmed at a national chain of hair shops. Upon setting in the chair I noticed the lady next to me had a large amount of hair on the floor. I metioned to my stylist that the other stylist must have been busy because there was alot of hair on the floor. My stylist said the woman in the chair had just cut her hair from below the waist length to above the collar. Being a huge fan of very long hair I was very heartbroken and angry at the same time. Not because the woman cut her hair, but because 3 other stylist were going absolutely ga-ga over this woman cutting her hair short. My question is this, why so most stylists think that a short style is the only way to go? I admire ladies with long hair and the patience and it takes to maintain and care for it. Nothing to me is more beautiful than a lady with waist length hair or longer. Could any one shed some light on this subject for me. Thanks, Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic