Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUneven Curls From Perming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uneven Curls From Perming
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:16am
I had my hair permed back in January and it's been driving me nuts since! The problem is the top part of my hair has a tighter curl and the bottom is a looser curl. I've been wearing it up on the sides just so I don't have to look at it! Part of the problem, I think, was my hairdresser cut my hair too short before the perm (it was down to the middle of my back) to just below my shoulders so that when she permed it, of course it sprung up to above my shoulders and the layers she cut through were too short, especially on top. I could tell by the look on her face after my hair dried that she thought it looked funny -- it was like a bristle brush when I left the salon. I've been contemplating either perming the bottom half again or chemically straightening the whole thing, which I know will both dry out my hair even more than it already is. I just don't think I can wait until the top all grows out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Anyone ever have the same dilemma??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic