Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAlways an odd ball in the crowd.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David in Oregon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David in Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Always an odd ball in the crowd.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:17am
Long hair has always been nothing but vanity for women who are insucure about themselves. Your personality lacks strength and character so you make up for by wearing long hair thus making yourself look like something you not. Give me a break and cut it off ladies!
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:17am
Only someone with his own insecurities, probably about women in general, would make such a statement, thinking he is bold for doing so.
LoCa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoCa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:17am
You go girl u told him
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:17am
I guess I am wondering why someone who seems to have a problem with long hair and long haired women is doing on a site devoted to long hair. I wonder why you think your statement about why a person wears their hair long can be accurate. Because, really, how do YOU know why someone chooses to wear their hair long? I have long hair, and YOU do not speak for me, as your statement, applied to me ( and I am reasonably sure, to other long haired women out there), is inaccurate. Maybe refraining from making general, blanket statements might be a good place to start. Or hanging out on short haired sites!!!
Clare
JL View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:17am
If we are guilty of "wearing long hair thus making yourself look like something you not" then what is it that we look like? Do we look like women with long hair? A lot of people like that look! If it makes us look insecure, you think we are like that already so it doesn't matter if you think it makes us look that way. If it makes us look pretty and we're not, then we look pretty and we are pretty. So there!
One life to live; so much to see and do.
TJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
Clare,Thank you, I personally enjoy a women with long hair and am certain that women who wear their hair long do it for more than just to please their mate or boyfriend. I enjoy looking at women with long hair and as a male, enjoy brushing and playing with their hair. It bothers me when all that seems to happen, is someone wanting these lovely women to cut their hair short. Women with lovely long hair is a special person. Don't be seduced into being talked into anything less.Thanks for your response.TJ
CL View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
David in Oregon:Since you have expressed your opinion so strongly, I have to reply by stating: Long Hair is a preference! Woman who choose to wear their hair long are indeed very special (in my opinion). They obviously have a desirable admirable trait of PATIENCE (it takes a great deal of patience and love to care for healthy long hair). They have strong personalities that keep them focus on what is right for them and not what mainstream trends are. Long haired woman don't feel ashamed of accentuating their femininity or try to be one of the guys -- in case you haven't noticed, woman are very different (how does feminine sound).I personally find long hair very attractive on a woman -- there is something special about its softness, length, silkiness, movement, etc... that really strikes a chord with me. I'm sure other men share my opinion and I'm also convinced that some woman that negatively try to influence long-haired woman are basically jealous of these ladies God given long hair attributes.Once again, I'm not saying every woman should wear long hair -- it is my personal preference and hopefully others of this specific WEB site and most importantly the preference of the lady.You are entitled to your opinion, but please try to point your Browser where your opinion is common. This site was created to share the common interest of long hair and negative comments really sort of spoil such a wonderful site.Regards,CLp.s.Please don't SPAM retaliate -- you and I are entitled to our opinions -- just find a common URL that share your opinion. I don't blast other WEB sites that happen to disagree with my opinion.
murray View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:19am
This site was intended for constructive, not destructive, dialogue. Your verbalism revealed bad manners, as well as an unusually strong distain for women, long hair aside. Well-groomed female hair is but one part of the whole. Long hair is natural, not an additive. If you are threatened by women's expression of their feminity, don't look.Go to your local gym with the male version of your opinion. Pontificate to several men that they give up their well-defined muscles, shave their heads, mustaches and/or beards, so women can get to the core of their "character" and "personalities".By the way, there are Native American men in some tribes who still wear their hair long. Historically, long hair for men and women (sans vanity) has cultural significance. Read the facts next time before responding.
Dave Tichenor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tichenor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
In this group you are definetly the oddball. Long hair on women maybe unusual, but not odd.This silly comment reminds me of a situation I witnessed at an sports bar a couple of years ago.It was football Sunday. The sports bar I was at, had every game on a big screen. 8 early games at once all on a big screen(A football fans dream). There was a table of about 8 guys sitting in front of me and my friends. They were very into the games as we were. Many women walked by. Only an occassional glance from this table was to be seen as they did. Then a woman with brown hair to her knees walked by. All but one guy stop and watched as she made her way by their table. You could see the thoughts of fantasy from each face as there heads turned to glance at her as she walked by. This long haired lady got almost as much attention as all of the other girls in the place put together in the 15 seconds it took her to walk by. This was the only time that this table was quite the entire day.That is the power of beautiful long hair.> Long hair has always been nothing but vanity> for women who are insucure about themselves. Your> personality lacks strength and character so you> make up for by wearing long hair thus making yourself> look like something you not. Give me a break and> cut it off ladies!
Marina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
I don't wear my hair to please you or anyone else. If I want to chop it off, I will. If I want to wear it long, I will. If I want to wear it with pink and purple polka-dots, I will. If you or anyone else doesn't like my hair, then tough s**t.
paloma View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:24am
> Long hair has always been nothing but vanity> for women who are insucure about themselves. Your> personality lacks strength and character so you> make up for by wearing long hair thus making yourself> look like something you not. Give me a break and> cut it off ladies!look mister, your just jealous that you don't have the confidence in yourself to try a new style. we love the way we look and most of us (including me) look better in short hair. we do it so we have a vanity, not like haveing perfect skin or no wrinkles. long hair is one thing you can't fake!
Morganj View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morganj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:24am
>> look mister, your just jealous that you don't> have the confidence in yourself to try a new style.> we love the way we look and most of us (including> me) look better in short hair. we do it so we> have a vanity, not like haveing perfect skin or> no wrinkles. long hair is one thing you can't> fake!Actually you can fake long hair with hair extentions, wigs et. al, but it's just NOT THE SAME as the real thing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic