Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSTRESS!!!! HELP MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STRESS!!!! HELP MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
I had hair down to my mid back when my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer. My hair began falling out (over 150/day!). I cut it all off in desperation (a boy's cut) and hate it. I started growing it again immediately and my hair has been growing in very quickly, healthy and strong. Now my hair is falling out again ( I am selling an apartment, buying a house and have had to hospitalize my mother for psychological problems). I took a shower this morning and my hair came out by handfulls. I was too upset to count. Is there anything I can do for my hair in times of stress? I am determined to have my butt length hair that I had when I was in my teens. Any advice would be great.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:18am
Hi!I was so sorry to hear of your current hair loss problems.It sounds to me from my research over the years that you are probably suffering from stress related hair loss. Princess Caroline of Monaco recently lost all of her hair and from what I read...this was also stress related.Basically there are two kinds of thinning hair.1. Chronic thinning hair which is usually permanent. It is the most severe type of hair loss and is mostly experienced by men.2. Acutely thinning hair which is most often caused by external factors. This type of thinning is most often experienced by women.I would suspect that since your hair grew back after your last stress period that you have the acute thinning hair. I suffered from this myself when I went on a radical diet program and a lot of my hair fell out.I would recommend several things (proceed at your own risk):1. Have a hair analysis run to see if you are suffering from any type of nutritional deficiencies. Sometimes altering your diet to include missing vitamins or minerals can make a big difference.2. See a dermatologist or doctor that specializes in hair loss to determine if this is indeed an acute/stress related loss period.3. If this is stress related.....considering doing things to decrease your levels of stress such as full body massage, head massage or mediatation. You can do your own scalp and head massage on a daily basis. Yoga will also help in relaxation and yoga headstands can increase the circulation to your scalp.4. Use special products that help the qualtiy of your hair. Aveda has great products and the Deep Conditioner is what I used along with Shampure when I was trying to get my hair back after my diet fiasco. Also...Phyto has a special line of products for hair loss and one for men versus one for women.I must warn you. It is expensive but it seems to help.For women they recommend PHYTOPHANERE which is designed to activate root irrigation and keratin production. They recommend taking a dietary supplement which may work if you are deficient in minerals or vitamins.You can read about the PHYTO products for thinning hair on the web at the following two addresses:http://www.stogryn.ca/phyto-thinning.html http://www.kytenet.com/companies/2971-e.htmlI have included the thinning hair page so you can go right to the product descriptions.If you have any other questions......please let me know.I hope all of this helps. Good luck.Regards,Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic