Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIonic Hair Wand--For Real?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ionic Hair Wand--For Real?!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
I read in The Sharper Image Catalog about a thing called the "Ionic Hair Wand." It says you run it through your hair for two minutes a day and "a battery-powered ion conditioner bathes each strand in purigying, repairing ions. A two-minute treatment with the wand adds body and volume, calms dry, brittle or windblown hair, and removes stale odors...Unlike liquid conditoners which merely coat the hair with lubricants that can build up over time, ion conditioning actually smooths the hair by causing cuticle shafts to lie flat." This sounds like snake oil to me! Does anyone out there know if something like this could actually work?
Warren S. Sarle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren S. Sarle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
> I read in The Sharper Image Catalog about> a thing called the "Ionic Hair Wand."> It says you run it through your hair for two minutes> a day and "a battery-powered ion conditioner> bathes each strand in purigying, repairing ions.It probably reduces static electricity. You can buy various kinds of ion generators for removing static electricity from photographic negatives, antique vinyl records, etc. The effect is only temporary.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
> It probably reduces static electricity. You> can buy various kinds of ion generators for removing> static electricity from photographic negatives,> antique vinyl records, etc. The effect is only> temporary.There is a sucker born every minute and I guess I had my minute of fame by purchasing this wand when it first came out. I do not work for Sharper Image, but I REALLY LIKE THIS THING- DAMN IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW OR WHAT IT DOES BUT IT REALLY FRESHENS UP THE HAIR, GETS RID OF SMELLS LIKE CIGARETTES AND MAKES HAIR LOOK LESS GREASY AT THE END OF THE DAY WITHOUT WASHING IT ALL OVER AGAIN. So call me crazy but I would buy it again if I had the opportunity. My hair is below shoulder length and is straight- I don't know how well it would do with curly or frizzy hair, though. Any questions, EMail me.
xoom!
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
>> Thanks for the testimonial! Maybe I'll put it on my wish list for Christmas! Jen
Victor Engel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Engel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
I can see how it would work for some kinds of dirt, cigarette smoke, etc. that have a dipole. This is how ionic room fresheners work. However, I doubt it would be effective on oils. That would be like trying to mix oil and water.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic