Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow Can I Convince My Boyfriend?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Can I Convince My Boyfriend?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have to live with it every day.Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell him to convince him that I don't want to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please myself.Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.Joan
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:20am
> HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really> tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very> upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I> know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have> to live with it every day.> Does anyone have any suggestions on what> I can tell him to convince him that I don't want> to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please> myself.> Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.>> Joan
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
Joan I have one question,how long has it taken you to grow the hair that you have now cut to a pitaful length??? Was it not a lot of time and effort wasted because of a whim ?> Tom
:)
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
>Dear Joan,I have long hair and I love it, and I would never cut it, but not every woman feels the same way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a way to explain it to him or convince him in the first place? You have to do whatever feels right to you, regardless.
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
> HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really> tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very> upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I> know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have> to live with it every day.> Does anyone have any suggestions on what> I can tell him to convince him that I don't want> to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please> myself.> Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.>> JoanIf you are tired of it cause it is a lot of work, perhaps keep it and have your boyfriend wash, brush, style etc. (if he enjoys it that much). or if you keep it long as a favour for him, perhap he can do a favour for you!! But if you are truly determined to change styles, them let him know it your final decision and that hair can always grow back!!
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
>> what should I DO WITH MY HAIR IT'S BREAKING OFF BECAUSE OF THE BRAIDS THAT I HAVE BEEN GETTING ,MY HAIR IS GETTING THIN AND VERY BALD WHAT COULD I USE ON MY HAIR I DON'T LIKE IT THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW IS THERE ANY PRODUCTS OUT THERE THAT WOULD MAKE IT GROW AGAIN BEFORE MY MAN FINDS OUT WAY I CAN'T LET HIM SEE ME THIS WAY HELP PLEASE !!! ASHLEYI> I have long hair and I love it, and Iw ould> never cut it, but not every woman feels the same> way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative> to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend> doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long> you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys> your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should> be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a> way to explain it to him or convince him in the> first place? You have to do whatever feels right> to you, regardless.
Jess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
JoanIf you really don't want long hair anymore, why not enjoy the cut with your boyfriend by letting him do the cutting. By doing this, both of you can enjoy trying different styles and doing something you both may enjoy. As a lover of long hair, I understand his feeling, but it is your hair afterall, so try doing the cutting together and see what happens?Jess>> Dear Joan,> I have long hair and I love it, and I would> never cut it, but not every woman feels the same> way I do. It is your hair, and it is your prerogative> to do whatever you wish to do with it. Your boyfriend> doesn't have the right to dictate to you how long> you hair should be. I understand that he enjoys> your hair long, but I don't think cutting it should> be a serious issue. Why do you have to find a> way to explain it to him or convince him in the> first place? You have to do whatever feels right> to you, regardless.
Joan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
Dear Lisa,I feel better already. Thanks for your encouraging words. You are right...it is my hair and I should be able to do what I want with it. I have had a lot of time to think about it and have decided to be conservative and just have part of it cut off. Then I can evaluate how I feel. I know my boyfriend will be upset...but maybe I need a new boyfriend if my current guy only cares about my hair. :-)Thanks again for your help.Joan
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:21am
>> Dear Lisa,> I feel better already. Thanks for your encouraging> words. You are right...it is my hair and I should> be able to do what I want with it. I have had> a lot of time to think about it and have decided> to be conservative and just have part of it cut> off. Then I can evaluate how I feel. I know my> boyfriend will be upset...but maybe I need a new> boyfriend if my current guy only cares about my> hair. :-)> Thanks again for your help.> JoanDear Joan,You are very welcome! I'm glad you made a decision which was the most comfortable one for you.Lisa :-)
DAVID, Esquire View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID, Esquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:22am
>> Dear Joan,> You are very welcome! I'm glad you made a> decision which was the most comfortable one for> you.> Lisa :-)I agree with your boyfriend. If you cut your hair short, he should dump you. A short-haired woman is a disgrace to the human race. Shorthaired women are a blot on the landscape. I refuse to hire or do business with shorthaired women, let alone be intimate with them. My wife has long blond hair and we have a written contract, as part of our pre-nuptial agreement, that she will never ever cut it short or permit others to do so. Your boyfriend is 100% right. Sure, you have a civil right to wear your hair short. And your boyfriend has a civil right to obtain a new girlfriend as a consequence of your actions. If you value your relationship with this man, you will consider his feelings. For you to willfully act in conscious disregard of his desires, knowing he will be hurt, is truly despicable conduct. Stop being so selfish!DAVID, Esquire
Rob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
Well Joan, its almost x-mas, did you make the dive. I hope not. Personally I love long hair on ladies. My wife has long hair that falls to her knees and takes care of out 3 children. But the decision is yours. Keep us up to date> HELP. I have waist length hair and I am really> tired of it. My boyfriend loves it and is very> upset that I am even thinking of cutting it. I> know he enjoys it...but it is my hair and I have> to live with it every day.> Does anyone have any suggestions on what> I can tell him to convince him that I don't want> to cut my hair to hurt him...but just to please> myself.> Hurry...I want a new shorter do for Christmas.>> Joan
Jess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
> Well Joan, its almost x-mas, did you make> the dive. I hope not. Personally I love long hair> on ladies. My wife has long hair that falls to> her knees and takes care of out 3 children. But> the decision is yours. Keep us up to date Rob,You are a lucky man, have you ever considered sending picturs of your wife's hair to tlhs or Dave's site?Everyone envolved would love to see her hair.Jess
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic