Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPonytail holders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ponytail holders
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:22am
When I first started growing out my hair, I began using "Goody" twin bead ponytail holders when I put my hair up in a ponytail. They seem so much easier to use....instead of yanking hair through a hair band, you wrap the beads around a couple of times and you get a nice tight ponytail without the damage to your hair.I thought I was the last of any middle age women with long hair to use these until about two weeks ago when I saw a woman wearing her hair up in a high ponytail using a ponytail holder where the beads were metallic gold. It looked great in her black hair. Since then, I have scoured all kinds of boutiques in a few malls trying to find this classier type of ponytail holder.I was wondering if someone who reads this board has any ideas on where to find this accessory. The internet seems to have a whole lot in the way of scrunchies and barrettes, but I can't seem to have much luck so far with this.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:22am
Hi,I actually saw these Goody twin bead ponytail holders at an Ultra3 store in Dallas awhile ago. I think you could probably get them at some of the beauty supply stores too. The Ultra3 stores have such a great selection. I used to also see those ponytail holders at the old "dime" store places. You also might try MacFrugal.Good luck.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
JL View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:23am
I suggest that you try making your own. Go to a sewing or craft store and buy elastic cord and decorative buttons or beads. Michaels is a store with a lot of beads of this type - wooden, metal, plastic - many kinds. Have fun!
One life to live; so much to see and do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic