Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbeehives and updos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairup View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beehives and updos
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:24am
i want to contact anyone interested in beehives and updos.please contact me at: hairup@hotmail.com
Warren View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:24am
I love for a woman to wear her hair up because it's so much fun to take it down! Of course, this works better without a lot of teasing and hairspray. Updos with a lot of pins can be nice because of the gradual build-up of excitement as the pins are removed. On the other hand, updos with just one or two pins or combs provide the drama of all the hair tumbling down at once. That's one of the great things about long hair--there are so many different ways to play with it!
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:24am
Warren, I agree with you. I love updo's, buns, and french twist. I like Friday's because my wife goes to the salon and returns with a sexy "updo". I spend hours touching and smelling your hair and doing other intimate things with her "do". I enjoy playing with my wife's hair when it is down but the weekend updo's are very exciting. Does anyone know a web site that features pictures of these styles ?> I love for a woman to wear her hair up because> it's so much fun to take it down! Of course, this> works better without a lot of teasing and hairspray.> Updos with a lot of pins can be nice because of> the gradual build-up of excitement as the pins> are removed. On the other hand, updos with just> one or two pins or combs provide the drama of> all the hair tumbling down at once. That's one> of the great things about long hair--there are> so many different ways to play with it!
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
It's nice to hear from you guys that like it up. I've been wearing mine in a french twist, off and on, for years, and have been wearing up almost all of the time in the last several years. I think JD's wife must be very lucky. I wish that my ex had payed that much attention.B>> Warren, I agree with you. I love updo's,> buns, and french twist. I like Friday's because> my wife goes to the salon and returns with a sexy> "updo". I spend hours touching and smelling> your hair and doing other intimate things with> her "do". I enjoy playing with my wife's> hair when it is down but the weekend updo's are> very exciting. Does anyone know a web site that> features pictures of these styles ?
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
Hey Brandy, Please tell me more about your hair and what is your e-mail address?> It's nice to hear from you guys that like> it up. I've been wearing mine in a french twist,> off and on, for years, and have been wearing up> almost all of the time in the last several years.> I think JD's wife must be very lucky. I wish that> my ex had payed that much attention.> B>
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
> Hey Brandy, Please tell me more about your> hair and what is your e-mail address? JD:Sorry for the delay in answering, but I'm in the middle of a business trip on the road right now, and it is sometimes difficult to get to the 'Net.My hair is about mid-back length, ash blonde, very thick and naturally wavy. I wear it up most of the time, in what could be described as a large french-twist with a sort of beehive/bun on top, but I wear the front in sort of an "Italian-style", (the front comes back smoothly, and it has a dip/wave on both sides at the temples).Anyway, it sounds like you and your wife have a "mutual admiration society" going with each other, and that is neat!I can be contacted at: brandy.herbert@bigfoot.comCheers,B>
Neil View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
> i want to contact anyone interested in beehives> and updos.please contact me at: hairup@hotmail.com> Here is a site to check out, all hairstyles from the past, 20's-80's The beehive is in the current Feature section. Over the holidays, there were some good up-dos, some that didn't look that dated. There was one that was three rolled buns, (each smaller than one below) sitting on top of eachother. It was quite high and really lovely. As for the rest of the site, I haven' seen that much big, teased hair since I looked at my high school yearbook. What memories.Related Link:Beauty Shoppe Archives
DAVID, Esquire View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVID, Esquire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
> I love for a woman to wear her hair up because> it's so much fun to take it down! Of course, this> works better without a lot of teasing and hairspray.> Updos with a lot of pins can be nice because of> the gradual build-up of excitement as the pins> are removed. On the other hand, updos with just> one or two pins or combs provide the drama of> all the hair tumbling down at once. That's one> of the great things about long hair--there are> so many different ways to play with it!I agree!
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
> It seems that there are many guys and gals interested in updo's. It sure would be nice for this website to show some photos on various updo's, including buns, beehives, and french twist. Karen would make a great model.
Matt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
>> Sorry for the delay in answering, but I'm> in the middle of a business trip on the road right> now, and it is sometimes difficult to get to the> 'Net.> My hair is about mid-back length, ash blonde,> very thick and naturally wavy. I wear it up most> of the time, in what could be described as a large> french-twist with a sort of beehive/bun on top,> but I wear the front in sort of an "Italian-style",> (the front comes back smoothly, and it has a dip/wave> on both sides at the temples).> Anyway, it sounds like you and your wife> have a "mutual admiration society" going> with each other, and that is neat!> I can be contacted at: brandy.herbert@bigfoot.com>> Cheers,> B>
Matt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
It is nice to hear from ladies who still enjoy up-dos. My wife also has mid-back length blonde hair that is very thick but pin straight. She always wore it about shoulder length for as long as I can remember. (we have been married for 18 years) She started noticing how pretty some of the french twists are and how much she liked the french braids. Add to that many "stylists" who always thought a half an inch meant an inch and a half. After a major butcher job from a "stylist" of 3 inches and many tears, that was it for her. It has been a year and a half and her hair is half way down her back. I began french braiding, french twists, and even usuing hot rollers on her hair. A lady I work with that was a hair stylist has taught me how to cut her hair and my wife is extremely happy with her beautiful mane, not to mention all the great compliments she receives from fiends and fellow co-workers, they are extremely suprised when she tells them that I style her hair. To ladies who still believe that long hair is beautiful, they are correct and people notice.Sincerly Matt
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Matt, How about sending in some photos of your wife's hair to be posted as the pic of the week. I especially like to see it up or in a french twist. I wish I knew how to fix a french twist. I love the look and have tried it on my wife but couldn't do it. Any one got a step by step photos on how to do it?JD>> It is nice to hear from ladies who still> enjoy up-dos. My wife also has mid-back length> blonde hair that is very thick but pin straight.> She always wore it about shoulder length for as> long as I can remember. (we have been married> for 18 years) She started noticing how pretty> some of the french twists are and how much she> liked the french braids. Add to that many "stylists"> who always thought a half an inch meant an inch> and a half. After a major butcher job from a "stylist"> of 3 inches and many tears, that was it for her.> It has been a year and a half and her hair is> half way down her back. I began french braiding,> french twists, and even usuing hot rollers on> her hair. A lady I work with that was a hair stylist> has taught me how to cut her hair and my wife> is extremely happy with her beautiful mane, not> to mention all the great compliments she receives> from fiends and fellow co-workers, they are extremely> suprised when she tells them that I style her> hair. To ladies who still believe that long hair> is beautiful, they are correct and people notice.>> Sincerly Matt
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> i want to contact anyone interested in beehives> and updos.please contact me at: hairup@hotmail.com> Hi, guys...I've gotten several responses from some of you, but unfortunately have not been able to do or say much since my e-mail address was a corporate one, and as such, subject to scrutiny by the "e-mail police". I now have a new e-mail address that should be free from that problem: bherber@technologist.comI'll look forward to any e-mail about this subject at that address...Cheers,B>
rg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
Beehives and updos are the ageless. The set dry tease and style are as much of the hairstyle as the fun in taking down. And they dont hurt the envirorment. rg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic