Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedQuestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
Hello all. I have been a visitor to your site for a while now and I have a couple of questions for the various Rapunzels out there who are regulars on this site. First, can each of you please let us know how long your hair is, how long you have grown it, and if it has ever been any longer than it is now. I'm sure that other visitors to the site would love to know this information.The other question I have is an interesting problem I currently face. Recently, a new, very attractive, young lady (in her 20's) started at the business where I work. She is of East Indian descent and I have become friends with her over the past couple of weeks. My problem is this, she always wears her hair up in a braided bun, the large size of the bun telling me that she has VERY long locks. I would love to know exactly how long her hair is, but I'm hesitant to ask her because she is rather shy and private, and also because of the political correctness that has invaded the workplace. What should I do? If one of you ladies have had a similar experience, please fill me in.Thanks for your help and your time.Tony
Dave Tichenor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Tichenor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
> Hello all. I have been a visitor to your> site for a while now and I have a couple of questions> for the various Rapunzels out there who are regulars> on this site. First, can each of you please let> us know how long your hair is, how long you have> grown it, and if it has ever been any longer than> it is now. I'm sure that other visitors to the> site would love to know this information.> The other question I have is an interesting> problem I currently face. Recently, a new, very> attractive, young lady (in her 20's) started at> the business where I work. She is of East Indian> descent and I have become friends with her over> the past couple of weeks. My problem is this,> she always wears her hair up in a braided bun,> the large size of the bun telling me that she> has VERY long locks. I would love to know exactly> how long her hair is, but I'm hesitant to ask> her because she is rather shy and private, and> also because of the political correctness that> has invaded the workplace. What should I do? If> one of you ladies have had a similar experience,> please fill me in.> Thanks for your help and your time.> TonyHi Tony. All I can say is good things come to those who wait.Good luck!Dave Tichenor
Auggie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
Hi Tony,First, my hair's about waist length and I've been purposefully growing it for about 5 years. It's never been any longer.Second, I'm sure your new friend appreciates your caution in asking personal questions. It may not be as big of a deal as it feels to you. Maybe I'm naive, but I'd never have thought of the question "How long is your hair?" as being inappropriate between even casual acquaintances. Most people, until they visit some of the "hair-focused" sites on the web, will also consider that to be innocent curiosity.Because it is the workplace, just don't take it any further than the question. And quickly apologize, retract the question, and don't broach the subject again if she seems uncomfortable by it.Auggie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic