Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair care
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
how much shampoo should I use to wash my hair each day? Also, what else should I use for my hair (conditioners, deep conditioners, etc.) My hair is oily and of average texture.
shampooman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampooman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:25am
I would love to come over a shampoo your hair for you. I would use just enough to give to a full lather. I could shampoo you at least 8 to 10 times in the morning. Would you enjoy a great shampoo.> how much shampoo should I use to wash my> hair each day? Also, what else should I use for> my hair (conditioners, deep conditioners, etc.)> My hair is oily and of average texture.
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> My hair is mid-back in length and tends to be dry, but I use about a dime sized amount of shampoo, which I concentrate mostly on the scalp. I give my scalp a good massage when I shampoo. I will often lather twice, but I use very small amounts of shampoo each time. It seems to give my hair more body. Right now I alternate between Aveda Black Malva, Aveda Blue Malva, and also Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo (it gives my scalp a nice tingle). When I rinse, the shampoo from the scalp runs through my hair, which is about all I need to "wash" the rest of the lenght of hair, at least most of the time. For conditioning, I use a plant/herb conditioner I get at the Food Coop called "MERA". It has nice ingredients, and I can refill my existing bottle for about $4, which is helpful because I tend to use a lot of conditioner. Then I rinse really well, ending with a cool rinse. Then I use about a dime sized application of Aveda Elixir, which is a leave in conditioner, because I do some blow drying. In the future, I want to try the Aveda Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner. Once every 2 or 3 months, I go to a salon and get what is called a "purescription", where they apply an Aveda oil (they choose the oil by how dry or oily your hair is), and they let you sit under dryer for about an hour. I hope this gives you some ideas for coming up with a hair care routine.
Clare
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic