Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgelatin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
s. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gelatin
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
does anyone know if washing hair in gelatin would be good for it. if so how would i do it?
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> does anyone know if washing hair in gelatin> would be good for it. if so how would i do it?> My understanding is that only way gelatin will do any good is if you consume it, and even then it is questionable because it is an incomplete protein source. But, hey, I suppose it couldn't hurt.
Clare
Auggie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
I don't think there's any reason to think that gelatin will help your hair if applied topically but I don't know if it could hurt either. There are, however, vitamins for the hair (I think one manufacturer is NatureMade). Also, I'd just stick with a good professional shampoo and conditioner. They've done the research into what works and what doesn't.Auggie
s View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> I don't think there's any reason to think> that gelatin will help your hair if applied topically> but I don't know if it could hurt either. There> are, however, vitamins for the hair (I think one> manufacturer is NatureMade). Also, I'd just stick> with a good professional shampoo and conditioner.> They've done the research into what works and> what doesn't.> Auggie i was asking because i saw a commercial on tv for a shampoo that has geletin in it. so i was thinking that if it was in the shampoo it might be good for your hair.>
JL View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> I assume you are talking about Cortexx. The others are probably right, the gelatin might not help all that much but it couldn't hurt. It's good shampoo and conditioner, at any rate. My hair seems to "like" it, so you might as well give it a try.
One life to live; so much to see and do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic