Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsleep positions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sleep positions
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
I have been taking showers at night lately and getting up very early because of my job. The problem is that my hair sticks up and gets "set" during the night. My hair becomes a mess while I roll around in bed during the night. This is a normal problem I know but does anyone know anything that can be done to help minimize this. in the morning water alone doesnt help and I am having to shower my head again to fully dampin it. I tried putting a bandana on my head before I went to sleep but this did nothing because it did not stay on. Does anyone know any tricks? Is it good to have wet hair before going to bed? I have dry hair and also wondered if there are any kind of leave-in conditioners for night use while you sleep. It seems that this would be a good time to treat your hair. thank you, -Dan
Auggie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
HMMMM... You didn't say how long your hair was. I wash my long hair at night and sleep with it up over my pillow. I don't think there's any problem health-wise with going to bed with damp hair... I may be wrong, but I've never had any problems. Also, any conditioner works better if you leave it in longer... however, if it dries and hardens on your hair, that wouldn't be so good. You could use any good leave-in conditioner (maybe a little extra) and do the bandana trick but I think you might be stuck re-wetting your hair completely in the morning to style it.Da Augs
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:26am
> I have been taking showers at night lately> and getting up very early because of my job. The> problem is that my hair sticks up and gets "set"> during the night. My hair becomes a mess while> I roll around in bed during the night. This is> a normal problem I know but does anyone know anything> that can be done to help minimize this.Ick, ick, ick... I can't EVER go to sleep with wet hair or I come out looking like the bride of frankenstein in the morning. My solution is never wash my hair at night, but it doesn't sound like that would work for you. Have you tried braiding it at night? Satin pillowcases?I wouldn't use a heavy conditioner on it and leave it in unless you have time to wash it out in the morning, or it's specifically intended as a leave-in product.-jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic