Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSurvey says......Hairspray !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey says......Hairspray !
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
A friend and I having been discussing hairspray and we would like your opinion. What hairspray do you use and why ??? Is it for the "hold", for the "fragrance", do you use a pump or areosol, etc ??? My wife uses "Mink" in a pump and wear her hair down most of the time. I love the scent. Great fragrance. My friend uses "Finesse" extra hold and she wears her hair up in a french twist. What hairspray do you use and describe the styles you wear your hair. Thanks.
Jimmy S. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
My wife uses Sebastian Hair Spray Plus. Her hair is short. Sebastian Plus has, by far, the best holding power of any hairspray she has used. Also, the fragrance is very good. She uses the areosol can.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
> A friend and I having been discussing hairspray> and we would like your opinion. What hairspray> do you use and why ??? Is it for the "hold",> for the "fragrance", do you use a pump> or areosol, etc ??? My wife uses "Mink"> in a pump and wear her hair down most of the time.> I love the scent. Great fragrance. My friend uses> "Finesse" extra hold and she wears her> hair up in a french twist. What hairspray do you> use and describe the styles you wear your hair.> Thanks.I don't use any hairspray. I've found that it drys my hair out and leaves it stiff and sticky (and it stays kinda sticky even after washing). And I don't at all like the idea of me, my cats or my boyfriend breathing in little particles of god-knows-what. Not to mention that if my hair wants to be a pain in the a** it's gonna be a pain regardless of hairspray. I just put up with bits straggling out of my buns and ponytails and such.I guess I'd just rather have strong, healthy, slightly unrully hair than hair that's perfectly arranged but damaged. Anyways, when my hair is undamaged it's better behaved.-jj
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
Jennifer, You said the magic word....buns. There are many of us who have been searching for photos of hair fixed in buns. Please send photos of your buns to TLHS. Thanks.> I don't use any hairspray. I've found that> it drys my hair out and leaves it stiff and sticky> (and it stays kinda sticky even after washing).> And I don't at all like the idea of me, my cats> or my boyfriend breathing in little particles> of god-knows-what. Not to mention that if my hair> wants to be a pain in the a** it's gonna be a> pain regardless of hairspray. I just put up with> bits straggling out of my buns and ponytails and> such.> I guess I'd just rather have strong, healthy,> slightly unrully hair than hair that's perfectly> arranged but damaged. Anyways, when my hair is> undamaged it's better behaved.> -jj
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
I have to add my two cents in here since I used to be a heavy hairspray user. This stuff is horrible for your hair it causes the ends to become brittle and break off -- not to mention your hair is stiff and sticky to the touch. My boyfriend (a long hair lover in his own right) would cringe everytime I reached for the can. I also found that he hated to touch my hair because he couldn't run his hands through it. So for the sake of healthy hair and by boyfriend I stopped using hairspray. And now my hair is soft and silky (and longer too) and my boyfriend can't keep his hands off it :}So please if you have to use hairspray use it sparingly and keep it especially off the ends of your hair. (I have been known to occasionly use it for my bangs when the weather is bad -- but only there!!Deb
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
> Jennifer, You said the magic word....buns.> There are many of us who have been searching for> photos of hair fixed in buns. Please send photos> of your buns to TLHS. Thanks.Haa haa haa... maybe not. My hair is still only shoulder length... not exacly TLHS material.And even then I'm not sure you'd be interested... I tend toward Micky-Mouse-ear style double buns.-jj Waiting for it to get long enough to do Sailor Moon's style...
Jess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
My wife uses VO5 'Extra Hold' spray, dry Velcro set nightly, tease in AM for a little height, spray a bunch so it will stay in place all day.VO5 best hold for the price at 1-10.x Oz can per week.
Jennifer View Drop Down

> My wife uses VO5 'Extra Hold' spray, dry> Velcro set nightly, tease in AM for a little height,> spray a bunch so it will stay in place all day. Hairspray + teasind + VELCRO rollers???? Good lord, if I did that to my hair it would frizz-out and start breaking off within a month.-jj
JD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
> I would love to see a pic of the final 'do. Sounds like big hair. But I have a question....do you like the scent of your wifes hairspray ?> Hairspray + teasind + VELCRO rollers????> Good lord, if I did that to my hair it would frizz-out> and start breaking off within a month.> -jj
Jimmy S. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
One can of hairspray per week! Is that not excessive? A can of hairspray lasts my wife at least two months. Don't kow what the average use is, but one week per can seems like a lot.
rg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:27am
I have always found Vavoom by Matrix is the only spry to use when doing those 60s dos. This cannot be used in the set, only the finish style. Laquer is soft compared to this spray The only way to hold those big up dos. When taking down lots of texture and size left for future hairstyles. The skys the limit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic