Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFancy Updos For Proms & Parties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fancy Updos For Proms & Parties
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Karen,Thanks for posting this updo picture. I will print and have my wife go to a salon and have it fixed in this fashion. I think that style is very sexy !> Hi....> I have received a lot of email asking for> ideas for prom season. One of our Gallery Models> has a wonderful updo that is easy to create. I> have included a photo of her from the Gallery.>> This updo requires hair that is shoulder> length or longer.> Instructions....> After you have shampooed, conditioned and> blow dried your hair upside down, apply a setting> gel like Aveda's Aloe gel or other similar product.> Brush your hair into a high ponytail that sits> on the top of your head rather than lower down.> Separate the ponytail into several strands and> use the smallest hot rollers that you can. Put> the entire ponytail into hot rollers and let set.>> Remove the rollers and let the hair cool.> Use your fingers to carefully mold the curls into> big fat loops. Pin them on top of your head. After> you have pinned all the curls the way you wish,> spray with a good hair spray like Aveda's Air-O-Sol.>> You may want to add light wisps of hair or> curly tendrils to this look. Or you may want to> wear it like the photo.> Good luck.> Karen
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Hi....I have received a lot of email asking for ideas for prom season. One of our Gallery Models has a wonderful updo that is easy to create. I have included a photo of her from the Gallery.This updo requires hair that is shoulder length or longer.Instructions....After you have shampooed, conditioned and blow dried your hair upside down, apply a setting gel like Aveda's Aloe gel or other similar product. Brush your hair into a high ponytail that sits on the top of your head rather than lower down. Separate the ponytail into several strands and use the smallest hot rollers that you can. Put the entire ponytail into hot rollers and let set.Remove the rollers and let the hair cool. Use your fingers to carefully mold the curls into big fat loops. Pin them on top of your head. After you have pinned all the curls the way you wish, spray with a good hair spray like Aveda's Air-O-Sol.You may want to add light wisps of hair or curly tendrils to this look. Or you may want to wear it like the photo.Good luck.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic