Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNatural hair recipies/treatments?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural hair recipies/treatments?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Hi Again :)I was wondering, does anybody have any natural hair recipies or treatments to share? I'd love to hear some! One of my favorites is taking half a cup of honey,teaspoon of olive oil,and egg mixing them together. I apply it all to wet hair and leave on anywhere from half an hour to an hour before shampooing twice. It makes your hair very soft and believe it or not the honey is very easy to rinse out.Maria
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Hi,Here is one of my favorite "dry" shampoo recipes. I use this when I travel and it works pretty well...or when I don't have time to wash my hair...especially my bangs...and they are looking a little limp or even oily.Rice Flour Dry Shampoo Powder (from Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox - Reviewed in the Book section of this site)1/2 cup rice flour (from Health food store)or substitute cornstarch (from the grocery store in the baking section) 1 teaspoon of baking powder 1 tablespoon of boraxMix together all the ingredients. Massage the powder directly into the hair and the scalp. You may want to lean over a sink when you do this (it can be pretty messy) and make sure that you aren't wearing dark clothes at the time.Leave the powder on for at least 10-15 minutes. Using a clean, dry brush, virogously brush out all of the powder. You may want to do this outside or somewhere you can easily clean up.I tend to only use this on the areas of my hair that need the instant shampoo and not my whole head. One of the downsides of this recipe is that it tends to make my hair prone to being more flyaway or to have static. However, it does work really great on my bangs and small sections of my hair like the front part of my hair.I used to use baby powder...but I read that it contains asbestos like products that is not good to inhale. So I switched to this recipe and actually like it a lot better.If you have really dark hair...you need to sprinkle this mixture in lightly because it tends to be harder to remove the darker your hair is.This is an ideal formula for lighter colored hair.Note: Allow yourself plenty of time to do this process since you will have to brush and comb to get the dry ingredients out. The good news is that it is all natural and basically gentle to your hair.I also have a Basil Shampoo Powder that is a little more complicated. If you would like that recipe....let me know and I can post it here.I would love to hear feedback if anyone uses this recipe.Enjoy!!!KarenRelated Link:Natural Beauty at Home
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Sarah J. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:30am
Karen,GREAT recipe. I treid it last nite & it is messy...but it works.One of my secrets....smash up 1 or 2 ripe avocadoes...mix in a little olive oil and make a paste. Layer mix all over head and then add shower cap. Sit out in sun for 1 hours and then wash out. Makes my hair very soft & sikly.Sarah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic