Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHairstyles For Cheerleading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyles For Cheerleading
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:34am
Hi,I am going to be senior this year and I am tired of my options for my hair when I am cheerleading. I can either wear it in a ponytial with a scrunchie or wear it in a braid. My hair is below my shoulders but I am frustrated and thinking of getting it cut into a bob which would make it so much easier for squad. Any helpful hints would be appreicated. I am going to try and hold out about my hair until we start practice again in July.Can you recommend any hair magazines that might have some styles I could try that would be different than the same old braid or ponytail?Thanks,Krissy
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:34am
Well, I was never a cheerleader - in fact, I was always a geek in high school - but I was involved in ballet and other dance and gymnastics for a number of years when I was younger, so I understand some of the concern. It sounds like you're looking for something that doesn't take too long to deal with, that won't get in the way or fall down while you're doing your routines (is that what you call it for cheerleading? whatever!), that looks nice, and that isn't just the same old thing. There are lots of options that don't require cutting your hair short.If you want a book, there are two great ones out by Klutz Press. "Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles" is targeted mostly at adults and teens. "Braids and Bows" is targeted more at children, but is also very good, and includes instructions on how to make different kinds of barrettes and scrunchies and stuff (fun for me, because I like to sew). Either of them can give you ideas, and they both have very good directions. There are lots of other books out there, but these are the two I own and like.As far as ideas - well, several come immediately to mind. To add interest to a plain braid, you can braid in a piece of ribbon the color of your uniform.French braids or French ropes are nice, although they take a little longer than plain braids.A bun looks very good on many people, although I don't know if it would work well for cheerleading. (It's great for ballet and terrible for gymnastics.)Two French braids down the sides of the head are good - you can also bring them together in the back and end up with one long braid.When I was younger, my mother used to do a French braid in a circle around my head and then pin the tail in a spiral going in toward the middle from the braid. That's difficult to learn to do on yourself, and takes a while, but it looks really interesting. (It's difficult to describe without pictures, though!)Those are the things that cross my mind right at the moment. I'm sure there are a lot more things you could do. If you really want to cut your hair, that's one thing, but you certainly don't have to. There are lots of things you can do with it.Good luck!
Brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
>Hi Krissy,Tired of the same old braids, bows and ribbons? How about this cute, cool, trendy cut for summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic