Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo Karen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Karen
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Sorry someone decided to try to fake an email from you..it was a very childish thing to do. I hope you and Jeff can come to a decision about what to do about the trouble makers. I would hate to see your site moderated like Frank has done recently. It makes the site much slower.. I agree with the others that maybe a special place for the shavers can be set up. But you will always have the ones who are just showing up to stir things up. I think the posts on shaving were not sincere..I think they were put there to stir up the water. I replied to the one to test the sincerity of it. I am very familiar myself with shavers, living with 2 sons who shave their heads all the time..fades, whatever..but always leaving a bare minimum of hair which my youngest son calls his whiskers. My sons hate to deal with hair and always bring me the clippers and say..off with it. I have gotten very good at fades, flattops,G.I Joe cuts, you name it from years of practice. I realize this is not a site for just "long" hair lovers. It is a place for people who want to take care of their "hair" and share that common bond. Hopefully the problem can be resolved... best regards.. and glad you still have your mane! I, for one, thank you for all your hard work here..it's a great site. Cher
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Hi Cher,Thanks for your post. It was very supportive and I appreciate it so much.Jeff and I are going to explore some options but we sincerely do not want to damage the board and we certainly do not want to slow it down by moderating it. I understand why Frank had to do that. He had terrible posts on his guestbook and I am at a loss to understand why.I guess one of the best options is to create a board for short hair/shaved heads and if someone posts something inappropriate or rude delete their post as soon as we can.If you can trace the IP address you do have some options and luckily the "fake Karen" left an IP address audit trail. So Jeff and I are working on dealing with that.You are right about people wanting to stir things up. I think the best approach is to just ignore them and I hate to do it...but delete their obnoxious posts.In all the time that we have had Hair Talk, Jeff and I have rarely ever deleted a post. Most of the time the weird ones are ignored anyway. So I guess we will take that approach.Jeff and I will look into creating a talk forum for short hair/buzz heads etc. You are right Cher, those are legitimate hair styles too.Thanks again for your support.Keep those great posts flowing. Hair Boutique is successful because of loyal visitors like you.The Real Karen :-)> Sorry someone decided to try to fake an email> from you..it was a very childish thing to do.> I hope you and Jeff can come to a decision about> what to do about the trouble makers. I would hate> to see your site moderated like Frank has done> recently. It makes the site much slower.. I agree> with the others that maybe a special place for> the shavers can be set up. But you will always> have the ones who are just showing up to stir> things up. I think the posts on shaving were not> sincere..I think they were put there to stir up> the water. I replied to the one to test the sincerity> of it. I am very familiar myself with shavers,> living with 2 sons who shave their heads all the> time..fades, whatever..but always leaving a bare> minimum of hair which my youngest son calls his> whiskers. My sons hate to deal with hair and always> bring me the clippers and say..off with it. I> have gotten very good at fades, flattops,G.I Joe> cuts, you name it from years of practice. I realize> this is not a site for just "long" hair> lovers. It is a place for people who want to take> care of their "hair" and share that> common bond. Hopefully the problem can be resolved...> best regards.. and glad you still have your mane!> I, for one, thank you for all your hard work here..it's> a great site. Cher
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic