Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNaturelle's AURA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturelle's AURA
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Has anyone ever heard of this line of products before? I came across them in Sally's Beauty Supply today. I went in looking for jojoba oil treatments, and saw a line of beige bottles that kind of resemble Aveda. What really caught my eye is all the shampoo's have just about the same name, the conditioner is Cherry Almond Bark.. and the shampoo that is suppose to be Shampure, smells exactly like it. The hair spray is Witch Hazel. It advertises Aromatherapy on the label. I had to ask the clerk about it, and she said it is a line that has been developed to take Aveda's place on the market since Aveda does not distribute through any store. I wonder if it would work as well and it's half the price..tho, still higher than the usual better brands. 7oz of the Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner was almost $7. They even have a jojoba oil treatment. Which impressed me because most hot oil treatments do not use jojoba oil. Anyone else have any info on this line? I am crazy about Aveda and do not want to give up the benefits tho this line is tempting because of cost reduction.. Cher
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Hi Cher,That is very interesting that you found the Aura products. I was reading a book that has lots of beauty tips and they kept referring to the Aura products but then they sounded exactly like Aveda. That was so interesting.So I was at Sally Beauty and they told me that Aura was a generic brand for Aveda. Can that really be true? It is possible. I don't know if Aveda would confirm or deny this. I am not sure who would.The other interesting fact is that Estee Lauder bought Aveda about 9 months ago and they are pouring lots of money into promoting the Aveda products in big press ads.This Aura/Aveda question is certainly worth getting a definitive answer too.Thanks for mentioning it.KarenPS. Still looking forward to your web photo. :-)> Has anyone ever heard of this line of products> before? I came across them in Sally's Beauty Supply> today. I went in looking for jojoba oil treatments,> and saw a line of beige bottles that kind of resemble> Aveda. What really caught my eye is all the shampoo's> have just about the same name, the conditioner> is Cherry Almond Bark.. and the shampoo that is> suppose to be Shampure, smells exactly like it.> The hair spray is Witch Hazel. It advertises Aromatherapy> on the label. I had to ask the clerk about it,> and she said it is a line that has been developed> to take Aveda's place on the market since Aveda> does not distribute through any store. I wonder> if it would work as well and it's half the price..tho,> still higher than the usual better brands. 7oz> of the Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner was almost> $7. They even have a jojoba oil treatment. Which> impressed me because most hot oil treatments do> not use jojoba oil. Anyone else have any info> on this line? I am crazy about Aveda and do not> want to give up the benefits tho this line is> tempting because of cost reduction.. Cher
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Estee Lauder bought Aveda out? Maybe it will then be sold in more convenient stores like Belk or Hechts. I know Nordstroms has an Aveda store here in Virginia. Anyway.. I would like to find out more about the AURA. The clerk in Sally's told me that they have been instructed to show the AURA line to people who ask if Aveda can be purchased through a beauty supply store. She said it wasn't really a generic form but a line developed to match it. In Sally's you can buy a generic form of alot of the salon shampoos and conditioners..but they say generic form of whatever on the front. The Aura didn't claim to be generic.. I didn't like the fact tho that there was no 800 number on the bottles. I would love to contact the company to find out it's quality. What book did you find the line mentioned in? I am curious about this. I am leary of cheaper imitations but the stuff sure looked like the real McCoy..:-) Cher> Hi Cher,> That is very interesting that you found the> Aura products. I was reading a book that has lots> of beauty tips and they kept referring to the> Aura products but then they sounded exactly like> Aveda. That was so interesting.> So I was at Sally Beauty and they told me> that Aura was a generic brand for Aveda. Can that> really be true? It is possible. I don't know if> Aveda would confirm or deny this. I am not sure> who would.> The other interesting fact is that Estee> Lauder bought Aveda about 9 months ago and they> are pouring lots of money into promoting the Aveda> products in big press ads.> This Aura/Aveda question is certainly worth> getting a definitive answer too.> Thanks for mentioning it.> Karen> PS. Still looking forward to your web photo.> :-)
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
> Hi all, I've tried the Aura hair care line and I love it! I have no real access to Aveda products around where I live, and found the Aura products to be almost identical to Aveda products I have been fortunate enough to try in the past. I contacted Heather Kleinman from the "Cosmetic Report", and she said that Aura was not connected with the Aveda company. But if I liked the products, to keep on using them! (I would recommend any and all of them!)My $.02, JMRelated Link:The Cosmetic Report
eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Thanks for the info. I clicked on the URL for Heather Kleinman's site but could not find any info on Aura.I sent Karen email and she has responded with a promise to purchase some Aura and test it. I hope she does since she has been using Aveda for years and would be a good test subject to see how Aura compares.Eva>> My $.02, JM
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Karen would be the perfect one to test the Aura against the Aveda for sure. I tried the AURA's Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner yesterday. I bought one bottle of it and a tube of the hot oil treatment. I used both tho..so cannot tell if both or just one is responsible for the aggrivating tangles I am experiencing. Either Sally's doesn't carry or AURA doesn't make a conditioner comparable to Aveda's Curessence, so I bought the Cherry one. Right away after my hair washing, I noticed mini tangles..and even dry, it's continuing to tangle so I am thinking of rewashing my hair today. I would be interested in anyone else who gives this line a try to see what they think. Cher> Thanks for the info. I clicked on the URL> for Heather Kleinman's site but could not find> any info on Aura.> I sent Karen email and she has responded> with a promise to purchase some Aura and test> it. I hope she does since she has been using Aveda> for years and would be a good test subject to> see how Aura compares.> Eva
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Hi Cher,I have located a Sally Beauty Store that carry Aura and Jeff and I are both going to test it on our hair since we have both been using Aveda 95% of the time for at least the last 6 years (in Jeff's case) and 8 years in mine. We should be able to tell right away how it compares.I will keep you all posted.Karen> Karen would be the perfect one to test the> Aura against the Aveda for sure. I tried the AURA's> Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner yesterday. I bought> one bottle of it and a tube of the hot oil treatment.> I used both tho..so cannot tell if both or just> one is responsible for the aggrivating tangles> I am experiencing. Either Sally's doesn't carry> or AURA doesn't make a conditioner comparable> to Aveda's Curessence, so I bought the Cherry> one. Right away after my hair washing, I noticed> mini tangles..and even dry, it's continuing to> tangle so I am thinking of rewashing my hair today.> I would be interested in anyone else who gives> this line a try to see what they think. Cher
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jeannie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
My stylist recommended it to me and I tried it. She said it was a "cheaper" version of Aveda. Maybe, but you get what you pay for. It tangled my hair really bad and I wound up throwing out most of it and going back to Aveda. I will be interested in what Karen reports back.J
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
> Estee Lauder bought Aveda out? Maybe it will> then be sold in more convenient stores like Belk> or Hechts. I know Nordstroms has an Aveda store> here in Virginia.From what I've heard they're not going to turn it into a department store brand like the Estee Lauder or Clinique lines. But even before the buyout Aveda had opened a few shops here in california... they'll probably keep moving in that direction.> Anyway.. I would like to find> out more about the AURA. The clerk in Sally's> told me that they have been instructed to show> the AURA line to people who ask if Aveda can be> purchased through a beauty supply store. She said> it wasn't really a generic form but a line developed> to match it. In Sally's you can buy a generic> form of alot of the salon shampoos and conditioners..but> they say generic form of whatever on the front.> The Aura didn't claim to be generic.. I didn't> like the fact tho that there was no 800 number> on the bottles. I would love to contact the company> to find out it's quality. What book did you find> the line mentioned in? I am curious about this.> I am leary of cheaper imitations but the stuff> sure looked like the real McCoy..:-) CherThat makes me really suspicious. If it looks like the real McCoy it's trying to pass as the real thing... and from what the clerk said that sounds like it's the case. But if there's no way to contact the company you can't know if the look-alike, smell-alike really has comparable quality ingredients.-jj
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
> Karen would be the perfect one to test the> Aura against the Aveda for sure. I tried the AURA's> Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner yesterday. I bought> one bottle of it and a tube of the hot oil treatment.> I used both tho..so cannot tell if both or just> one is responsible for the aggrivating tangles> I am experiencing. Either Sally's doesn't carry> or AURA doesn't make a conditioner comparable> to Aveda's Curessence, so I bought the Cherry> one. Right away after my hair washing, I noticed> mini tangles..and even dry, it's continuing to> tangle so I am thinking of rewashing my hair today.Well I don't know about the hot oil treatment... but I use Aveda's Cherry Almond Bark all the time and it certainly does not aggravate tangles. Just out of curiousity does the label list any silicons (ingredients that end in -cone)?-jj
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
Yes, I noticed at least 3 words with the ending of cone..but Aveda's shows some cone words also.. All I know is that it tangled my hair up pretty bad. I can hardly get a comb through it. Guess it's not the real McCoy.. Cher> Well I don't know about the hot oil treatment...> but I use Aveda's Cherry Almond Bark all the time> and it certainly does not aggravate tangles. Just> out of curiousity does the label list any silicons> (ingredients that end in -cone)?> -jj
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
I checked the ingredients: BOTANICAL EXTRACTS: Extracts of cherry bark, almond, rosemary, nettle and grapefruit seed; rice bran oil, jojoba oil. ALSO CONTAINS: Purified water, cetyl alchohol, stearyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, dicetyldimonium chloride, ceteareth-20, citric acid, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lecithin, panthenol, glycerin, fragrance, DMDM hydantoin, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, hydrolyzed milk protein, propylene glycol.Also, has anyone had any experience with the Suave Aveda copycats? I've heard on other messageboards they are excellent, but for around $2, I wonder if they really are... Check the ingredients for them, they sound pretty close too. Haven't tried them though.Hope this helps, JM
Jennifer View Drop Down

> Yes, I noticed at least 3 words with the> ending of cone..but Aveda's shows some cone words> also..Yup, many Aveda products have silicons in them, but their cherry almond bark conditioner does not. It was the only ingredient I could think of off-hand to see if it really was a similar formula.-jj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic