Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRe: Coming soon..A personal account

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neil A View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Coming soon..A personal account
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
> My personal account of the 12 years I spent> at my College, S C I Muncy Pa for killing a abusive> spouse. Stay tuned to this channel for a real> story. P.S. S C I Muncy is a womans prison in> central Pa.Jill, While there may be some very unfortunate events that have had a major impact on your life, I don't think this forum is the appropriate place to post them. It has been said many times that this is a hair care discussion board. There are a lot of very nice people who take time to try to help others with HAIR PROBLEMS. If you want to talk about that, or even the relevance of very short hairstyles on women, as you see it, Welcome Aboard. There is a Personals page on this website even though I don't think your story would be welcome there either. And, at this point, I doubt it if you are looking to meet up with a guy even if he does like short hair.If you want to tell your personal account, do it on your own website or homepage. I may empathize with you, but I do not want to read about it on this board. I would also add that if you and Alice want a short hair forum for women, then you should create it on your own website. I would venture a guess that Jeff and Karen would even add a link to your site from this board. You can then control the direction your forum may take.If your posts get deleted, please don't complain about the loss of your rights. This is a free site and you aren't paying to post here, so go tell it to the judge.Neil A
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Hi Neil,Thank you for your kind and gentle commentary. I could not have said it better myself.The posts that Jill & Alice had here (that you responded to) were deleted because they were not related to hair problems, hair topics or hair for the most part.Jeff and I have a brand new policy as of today....any topics posted that are not directly related to hair care, hair problems, hair issues, hair discussion....etc...will be deleted as soon as we see them.Yes, we welcome Jill and Alice to our Hair Talk if they want to discuss hair. Short hair, long hair, whatever hair.Jeff and I have no problem with Jill and Alice as long as they follow the original intent of this forum. After all, if you posted hair stuff on a forum on mathematics, you would be just as unwelcome there as someone posting non hair related stuff here.Like you Neil, I also have complete empathy for Jill and any personal life events that she has had to address. I actually admire someone who can deal with life head on, as Jill seems to do.However, this is a forum on hair. Jeff and I will gladly post a link to any site that Jill and Alice put up since we are into helping other webmasters and other sites be successful.Jeff and I are currently a non-profit web site. We operate in the red and totally from our own pockets except for a small return on any books that are sold through Amazon.com.We want this to be a safe and friendly site where people can talk about hair.I am sure everyone will understand that Jeff and I have to take a stand on this and do what is right for the majority of the visitors to this site.From the email I received today and the postings on Hair Talk, the majority agree that non hair related posts should be deleted. Also, the majority feel it is ok to talk about short hair here, but do not feel we need to add another forum devoted directly to short hair.My apologizes for having to delete posts, but we want to do the best for the majority of long term visitors here.Thanks,Karen Shelton (The real one) :-)>> Jill, While there may be some very unfortunate> events that have had a major impact on your life,> I don't think this forum is the appropriate place> to post them. It has been said many times that> this is a hair care discussion board. There are> a lot of very nice people who take time to try> to help others with HAIR PROBLEMS. If you want> to talk about that, or even the relevance of very> short hairstyles on women, as you see it, Welcome> Aboard. There is a Personals page on this website> even though I don't think your story would be> welcome there either. And, at this point, I doubt> it if you are looking to meet up with a guy even> if he does like short hair.> If you want to tell your personal account,> do it on your own website or homepage. I may empathize> with you, but I do not want to read about it on> this board. I would also add that if you and Alice> want a short hair forum for women, then you should> create it on your own website. I would venture> a guess that Jeff and Karen would even add a link> to your site from this board. You can then control> the direction your forum may take.> If your posts get deleted, please don't complain> about the loss of your rights. This is a free> site and you aren't paying to post here, so go> tell it to the judge.> Neil A>
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sarah K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Neil,You said it better than anyone. I agree. Thanks for having the courage to speak up and share your thoughts.Sarah>> Jill, While there may be some very unfortunate> events that have had a major impact on your life,> I don't think this forum is the appropriate place> to post them. It has been said many times that> this is a hair care discussion board. There are> a lot of very nice people who take time to try> to help others with HAIR PROBLEMS. If you want> to talk about that, or even the relevance of very> short hairstyles on women, as you see it, Welcome> Aboard. There is a Personals page on this website> even though I don't think your story would be> welcome there either. And, at this point, I doubt> it if you are looking to meet up with a guy even> if he does like short hair.> If you want to tell your personal account,> do it on your own website or homepage. I may empathize> with you, but I do not want to read about it on> this board. I would also add that if you and Alice> want a short hair forum for women, then you should> create it on your own website. I would venture> a guess that Jeff and Karen would even add a link> to your site from this board. You can then control> the direction your forum may take.> If your posts get deleted, please don't complain> about the loss of your rights. This is a free> site and you aren't paying to post here, so go> tell it to the judge.> Neil A>
Sarah
jill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:35am
Your only interest is your hair problems. Thank you! Now I feel a lot better about spending 12 years in prison and sporting a crewcut! At least I have a Life! I can help other women get their lives together rather worring about split ends! Jill..BWAS>> Jill, While there may be some very unfortunate> events that have had a major impact on your life,> I don't think this forum is the appropriate place> to post them. It has been said many times that> this is a hair care discussion board. There are> a lot of very nice people who take time to try> to help others with HAIR PROBLEMS. If you want> to talk about that, or even the relevance of very> short hairstyles on women, as you see it, Welcome> Aboard. There is a Personals page on this website> even though I don't think your story would be> welcome there either. And, at this point, I doubt> it if you are looking to meet up with a guy even> if he does like short hair.> If you want to tell your personal account,> do it on your own website or homepage. I may empathize> with you, but I do not want to read about it on> this board. I would also add that if you and Alice> want a short hair forum for women, then you should> create it on your own website. I would venture> a guess that Jeff and Karen would even add a link> to your site from this board. You can then control> the direction your forum may take.> If your posts get deleted, please don't complain> about the loss of your rights. This is a free> site and you aren't paying to post here, so go> tell it to the judge.> Neil A>
The Hair Boutique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hair Boutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
> Your only interest is your hair problems.> Thank you! Now I feel a lot better about spending> 12 years in prison and sporting a crewcut! At> least I have a Life! I can help other women get> their lives together rather worring about split> ends! Jill..BWASJill,You just don't get it. There is a time and place for everything. This is not the place for your life story. There are other places where that would be appropriate. There are lots of good, caring people on this site who would under the right circumstances would love to hear your story and share their views with you. However, no one wants to have it shoved down their throats. Yes, there are more important things in the world than hair, but the fact remains that this forum is for the discussion of hair & hair care related topics. If that's not what you want to discuss then take you attitude somewhere else.Jeff.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:36am
> Your only interest is your hair problems.Jill, I think you know better than to presume that those of us who wish to discuss hair care concerns would have one and only one interest.> Thank you! Now I feel a lot better about spending> 12 years in prison and sporting a crewcut!I am grateful that you have found solace for your troubles.> At least I have a Life! I can help other women get> their lives together rather worring about split> ends! Jill..BWASBut I'm curious, Jill... how does baiting a group who does not share this one specific interest of yours help those other women get their lives together? I sincerely hope you're not showing them the way to annoyance of others such as you seem to wish to do here. And as you have spoken so vociferously, perhaps you might come to realize that you yourself have expended considerable energy on a specific hair issue.Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic