Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy hair is dead!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gabby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair is dead!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:37am
Ok, I used to have a lot of hair. It was never thick ( the strands anyway) but there was a lot of it. One day I decided to color it. I left the coloring stuff in my hair for an hour instead of ten minutes, as I was instructed. And then repeated this a few months later.A few after I noticed that my hair was getting brittle and I was lossing some of it. After going through a two years of hell and chopping it all off. It still looks horrible, it is getting fuller though. I do not know what to do. I hate it, it looks so dry and brittle.It's ben two years, and it is not totally recovered ( i have short hair now, about two inches past my chin)and some people say that it never will recover . Is that true? I do not know what to do and i need help !!!!!! I have bad hair days everyday, and look like I went through cancer treatment.Please e-mail me with good advice!!!!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:37am
First off, why would you leave the color on for such a long period of time? And why repeat it so soon? Sounds like you did a real number on your hair. And if you are still having problems 2 years later, it sounds serious. My advice would be to seek out a good regime of deep conditioning and super babying your hair. Don't brush it while wet, stop all coloring.. use a very high quality line of products like Aveda. You can read the other posts of my luck with Shampure and Curessence. I have sounded the praises of the help I got for my hair from Aveda. Tho, I never looked like a cancer patient.. I just lost length - And my hair dried out more than usual. You can go to an Aveda Concepts store and let them look at your hair and set you up with a regime. Also, if I were you, I would go on vitamins for hair, which I have done recently. I wish you the best.. Cheryl> Ok, I used to have a lot of hair. It was> never thick ( the strands anyway) but there was> a lot of it. One day I decided to color it. I> left the coloring stuff in my hair for an hour> instead of ten minutes, as I was instructed. And> then repeated this a few months later.> A few after I noticed that my hair was getting> brittle and I was lossing some of it. After going> through a two years of hell and chopping it all> off. It still looks horrible, it is getting fuller> though. I do not know what to do. I hate it, it> looks so dry and brittle.> It's ben two years, and it is not totally> recovered ( i have short hair now, about two inches> past my chin)and some people say that it never> will recover . Is that true? I do not know what> to do and i need help !!!!!! I have bad hair days> everyday, and look like I went through cancer> treatment.> Please e-mail me with good advice!!!!>
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
Hi! I agree about starting hair vitamins! I have been on them for over six months now and can really tell a difference. I read somewhere that hair "feeds" every 4 hours, and by taking them, you can ensure that the hair will use the vitamins available to it. I've also heard pre-natal vitamins work the same way on the hair.JM
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
> Ok, I used to have a lot of hair. It was> never thick ( the strands anyway) but there was> a lot of it. One day I decided to color it. I> left the coloring stuff in my hair for an hour> instead of ten minutes, as I was instructed. And> then repeated this a few months later.> A few after I noticed that my hair was getting> brittle and I was lossing some of it. After going> through a two years of hell and chopping it all> off. It still looks horrible, it is getting fuller> though. I do not know what to do. I hate it, it> looks so dry and brittle.> It's ben two years, and it is not totally> recovered ( i have short hair now, about two inches> past my chin)and some people say that it never> will recover . Is that true? I do not know what> to do and i need help !!!!!! I have bad hair days> everyday, and look like I went through cancer> treatment.If you cut it about 2 inches past your chin then all the damaged hair should be grown out over the 2 years. It sounds to me like you may have burned your scalp and hair follicles with the dye... particularly if you applyed any dye to the scalp and since you left on for so long. Try checking out some of the books that Karen recommends for baldness they may be able to help you improve the condition and thickness of your hair.-jennifer
belinda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
What kind of vitamins are you taking and what results have you achieved?> Hi! I agree about starting hair vitamins!> I have been on them for over six months now and> can really tell a difference. I read somewhere> that hair "feeds" every 4 hours, and> by taking them, you can ensure that the hair will> use the vitamins available to it. I've also heard> pre-natal vitamins work the same way on the hair.>> JM
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
Hi Belinda, I have used two kinds thoughout the past 6 months: "Folicure" and "Calif/Natural Hair vitamins & minerals in natural base". You can get the former at Sally's and the latter at Walmart. Looking at the ingredient list, vitamins and minerals include: Vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-12, B-6, E, Folic acid, Biotin, Iron, copper, Iodine, Niacin, Zinc, Calcium (Pathothenate), Choline Citrate, Inositol, PABA, Maganese, Thiamin, Silica, LethicinI have noticed my hair growing stronger (and a bit faster).HTH! JM
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
I use the California Natural..and I also get it at Walmart. It's only about $3.50 a bottle. I have only been using them for a couple of months tho. It's only one of a handful of vitamins I take.. another being St. John's Wort. I have always taken a multiple vitamin.. I started using an anti-oxitant(?) blend. I have noticed my skin looks better! I am sure my hair is also benefiting from it all also.. Cher>> Hi Belinda, I have used two kinds thoughout> the past 6 months: "Folicure" and "Calif/Natural> Hair vitamins & minerals in natural base".> You can get the former at Sally's and the latter> at Walmart. Looking at the ingredient list, vitamins> and minerals include: Vitamins A, B-1, B-2, B-12,> B-6, E, Folic acid, Biotin, Iron, copper, Iodine,> Niacin, Zinc, Calcium (Pathothenate), Choline> Citrate, Inositol, PABA, Maganese, Thiamin, Silica,> Lethicin> I have noticed my hair growing stronger (and> a bit faster).> HTH! JM
belinda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:38am
Thanks, all! I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to get my hair to grow again. It's waist length right now, but it's so curly it shrinks up. Thanks for your help!> I use the California Natural..and I also> get it at Walmart. It's only about $3.50 a bottle.> I have only been using them for a couple of months> tho. It's only one of a handful of vitamins I> take.. another being St. John's Wort. I have always> taken a multiple vitamin.. I started using an> anti-oxitant(?) blend. I have noticed my skin> looks better! I am sure my hair is also benefiting> from it all also.. Cher
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:39am
It is time to see a demitoligist. Maybe they can proscribe something like Rogain(? Please don't try this with out their help, and yes this is a disclaimer, I am not a doctor and have know knowlage of the above mention product and use it only as an example that their are products that can help restore hair folicle activity.
:)
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:40am
I have been where you are. After colouring my hair over and over it was finally dead. Limp, brittle and all falling out. I took a drastic step and cut it last summer to 1/2" all around. Really short. I vowed that I would get my hair healthy again. I stopped using styling products, hair dryers and curling irons. I threw out all of my shamppos and conditioners and bought a health food store shampoo and conditioner that had no chemicals in it. I washed, conditioned and let my hair dry naturally. I started making my own deep hair conditioners and using jojoba oil several times a week before going to bed. Gradually it has gotten healthier than ever and after many trims is now in a jaw length bob. My natural hair colour is really dark brown and super glossy and thick (I always had thin limp hair).I started focusing really seriously on nutrition. I make a morning shake consisting of:1 banana 1tbl powdered kelp 1tsp bee pollen 1tbl alflafa powder 1tbl wheat germ 1tbl molasses 1tbl flax oil 1tbl liquid silica pineapple juiceIt gives you great energy and particularly the kelp and silica are great for hair growth. The flax oil is great for your skin and scalp conditioning.To encourage scalp stimulation try massaging your scalp when you are watching TV. Ask Karen if she knows of any products you can use to massage.Most of all eat well (get lots of protein and vitamins), excercise (increased circulation is great for your hair and scalp) and stay positive. Your body has amazing capabilities of healing itself if you give it the right tools.Last week I was about to do a stupid thing and dye my hair blond. The girl who was helping me decide on a colour finally begged me not to colour my hair. She said it was too gorgeous to colour. Hey, if I can bring my hair back from the dead so can you.Happy growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic