Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDry Hair Fixes For Highlighting Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Hair Fixes For Highlighting Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:39am
Hi,I went to see my stylist, Shelly tonight for my 8 week trim. She trimmed my bangs and about 1/8 inch from my ends which she said were in great shape. However, because of the summer Dallas heat, my hair has been getting dry and so we discussed strategies.I has been almost 5 months since my last highlight and I was putting off doing it again because my hair is dry. We discussed the pros and cons of doing a highlight with my hair tending to be drier.We agreed that I would do massive conditioning between now and next Thursday evening when we did the highlighting.We also agree that the night before the highlight I would sleep with Curressence (are you listening Cher) on my overall hair with the ends lathered up with Deep Conditioner. The morning of the highlight it was agreed that I would wash my hair with the Shampure shampoo, and do a cold water rinse. I would condition the ends only since we don't want the top of the hair to have a coating or that would possibly block the color appication at the root.The last scoop is that we are going to do an ArTec deep conditioning pack on the ends and middle shaft of the hair while the color is sitting on my roots for 30 minutes. This will guarantee that the highlight does not damage my hair at all...or least minimally.Shelly gave me a sample of the Artec deep conditioner to use this week while I pump up the conditioning. I will be doing an olive oil/rosemary condition this weekend and will sleep with conditioner a couple of other nights to get ready for next week.By the way, Shelly is a big Aveda fan and we discussed the new Aveda hair care line that Aveda is advertising. It has a lot more "cone" in it than the Shampure and colored shampoos, so she stressed that if I try it, to pay attention to what it does to my hair cuticle.Shelly has also agreed to be featured in a future interview session and share her philosophies of working with long hair.Just thought I would share all of this dry hair and highlight strategy with you all since I am sure some of you are also dealing with a very hot summer too.Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:39am
I hear you!! but sleeping with the Curessence on my head isn't something I think I could handle. I will stick to the daytime hours with the shower cap on and looking like a fright for a few hours!!;-) Actually, I believe I have come to a point where I can start now to lessen up on the deep conditioning. I think with my last conditioning session where I kept it on for 2 hours brought my hair to a threshold of good shape. I think I will only deep condition about once a week now or every 2 weeks. I will continue to use the Curessence but only as an instant conditioner for the 5 minutes or so. I may buy me some of the deep penetrating conditioner for regular use and keep my Curessence for the times I want to do a deep conditioning session. I wish you the best with sleeping with it on your head.. I dont' think I could fall asleep with a cap on my head and my hair all gooey!! It sounds like you have your work cut out for you this week.. sounds like a good plan.. hope it works for your highlighting session.. best of luck.. Cher> Hi,> I went to see my stylist, Shelly tonight> for my 8 week trim. She trimmed my bangs and about> 1/8 inch from my ends which she said were in great> shape. However, because of the summer Dallas heat,> my hair has been getting dry and so we discussed> strategies.> I has been almost 5 months since my last> highlight and I was putting off doing it again> because my hair is dry. We discussed the pros> and cons of doing a highlight with my hair tending> to be drier.> We agreed that I would do massive conditioning> between now and next Thursday evening when we> did the highlighting.> We also agree that the night before the highlight> I would sleep with Curressence (are you listening> Cher) on my overall hair with the ends lathered> up with Deep Conditioner. The morning of the highlight> it was agreed that I would wash my hair with the> Shampure shampoo, and do a cold water rinse. I> would condition the ends only since we don't want> the top of the hair to have a coating or that> would possibly block the color appication at the> root.> The last scoop is that we are going to do> an ArTec deep conditioning pack on the ends and> middle shaft of the hair while the color is sitting> on my roots for 30 minutes. This will guarantee> that the highlight does not damage my hair at> all...or least minimally.> Shelly gave me a sample of the Artec deep> conditioner to use this week while I pump up the> conditioning. I will be doing an olive oil/rosemary> condition this weekend and will sleep with conditioner> a couple of other nights to get ready for next> week.> By the way, Shelly is a big Aveda fan and> we discussed the new Aveda hair care line that> Aveda is advertising. It has a lot more "cone"> in it than the Shampure and colored shampoos,> so she stressed that if I try it, to pay attention> to what it does to my hair cuticle.> Shelly has also agreed to be featured in> a future interview session and share her philosophies> of working with long hair.> Just thought I would share all of this dry> hair and highlight strategy with you all since> I am sure some of you are also dealing with a> very hot summer too.> Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic