Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTHANK YOU'S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THANK YOU'S
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:44am
Hi, I just want to thank everyone who gave me the tip to try jojoba oil on my hair to help with the dryness. I bought some Saturday and have used it 2 nights in a row, and it is WONDERFUL.Thank you all so much!
Jeannie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Does it work as well as Aveda's Beautifying Oil?Does it leave your hair oily? I worry that it may leave my hair too oily and that would be a problem.Jean> Hi, I just want to thank everyone who gave> me the tip to try jojoba oil on my hair to help> with the dryness. I bought some Saturday and have> used it 2 nights in a row, and it is WONDERFUL.>> Thank you all so much!>
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
> Does it work as well as Aveda's Beautifying> Oil?> Does it leave your hair oily? I worry that> it may leave my hair too oily and that would be> a problem.> Jean Do some reading. Jojoba is so similar to the sebum on your scalp, you should be using it. You start with a little and adjust to your hair length and preference. Aveda is way overrated.
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
> Does it work as well as Aveda's Beautifying> Oil?> Does it leave your hair oily? I worry that> it may leave my hair too oily and that would be> a problem.I don't know about the Beautifying oil; I've never tried it. The jojoba oil has been working fairly well for me, and the Beautifying oil is far too expensive for me to be able to justify the cost.What I do is use the jojoba oil before I wash my hair. That way, I have no problem with it making my hair oily. There is also the option of dabbing a little on the dry, rough spots after you let your hair dry. I haven't tried that, but the weather is really doing annoying things to my hair, so I may have to.Good luck!Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
I have used both healthfood store jojoba oil and then tried the Aveda's Beautifying oil. Like Laura, I agree the beautifying oil is high in price. But I had to give it a shot. In my opinion it is made so it spreads more easily and it has other ingredients in it to help out your hair. It doesn't seem like alot for the approx. $20. price but it does go a long way. Either oil does a nice job of conditioning the hair.. Because my silver is more dry, it drinks up the oil.. Cher~>> I don't know about the Beautifying oil; I've> never tried it. The jojoba oil has been working> fairly well for me, and the Beautifying oil is> far too expensive for me to be able to justify> the cost.> What I do is use the jojoba oil before I> wash my hair. That way, I have no problem with> it making my hair oily. There is also the option> of dabbing a little on the dry, rough spots after> you let your hair dry. I haven't tried that, but> the weather is really doing annoying things to> my hair, so I may have to.> Good luck!> Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu>
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
I hope you had a great trip. I missed your posts. :-)Karen> I have used both healthfood store jojoba> oil and then tried the Aveda's Beautifying oil.> Like Laura, I agree the beautifying oil is high> in price. But I had to give it a shot. In my opinion> it is made so it spreads more easily and it has> other ingredients in it to help out your hair.> It doesn't seem like alot for the approx. $20.> price but it does go a long way. Either oil does> a nice job of conditioning the hair.. Because> my silver is more dry, it drinks up the oil..> Cher~
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Christy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
I have never used Aveda's Beautifying Oil, so I can't say anything on that.....but I can tell you that after I shampoo the oil out of my hair, it is NOT oily at all. Just very soft and silky. Try it, maybe you'll like it!Christy> Does it work as well as Aveda's Beautifying> Oil?> Does it leave your hair oily? I worry that> it may leave my hair too oily and that would be> a problem.> Jean
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Karen.. Oh thanks.. I have been lurking. I went for my first trim in 4 mos. last night. I found a stylist who listened to my request of less than 2" off. It looks much better and she says one more trim and the layers are gone. whew~..never again. I was kind of nervous considering my mother went to get the lastest style done to her hair this week..the top of shoulder length pageboy. The lady cut her hair about chin length.. Mom says she looks like Doris Day! Alas, another stylist who couldn't listen to instructions. My trim went ok.. thank goodness. And this lady helped me with showing me how to restyle my bangs. I plan to go back to her for the next few mos. to have regular trims to remove the rest of the layers and the color that didn't wash out. Have a nice holiday~ Cher> I hope you had a great trip. I missed your> posts. :-)> Karen
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Hi Cher,I know what you mean. When I first saw that tiny little bottle of Beautifying Oil and the price, I almost didn't buy it. But my hair was getting so dry on the ends that I had to do something (cutting was NOT an option). I also tried to find plain jojoba oil at the health food store, but they said they don't carry it. And this small town doesn't have many options. So I bought the Beautifying Oil. I have been amazed at how far it goes. I have used it on the ends (bottom 18") of my hair for about 12 shampoos and I still have half of a bottle. And my hair has never been happier. I have noticed that if I leave it on over night that my hair seems to absorb more of it. I wonder if that is because of the greys? They do tend to be more coarse in texture and curlier. But the worst part is that they seem to have a mind of their own. Has anyone else found this to be true? Take care...Noreen...
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
For sure.. the gray is wild. Mine are very coarse and wiry at first when they are short but as they start to grow longer they straighten out ... thank God, or I would go mad! I found the styling curessence helps alot in controlling them. Curessence softens the gray down alot. I didn't know you were also graying.. welcome to the club! ;-) Cher~> Hi Cher,> I know what you mean. When I first saw that> tiny little bottle of Beautifying Oil and the> price, I almost didn't buy it. But my hair was> getting so dry on the ends that I had to do something> (cutting was NOT an option). I also tried to find> plain jojoba oil at the health food store, but> they said they don't carry it. And this small> town doesn't have many options. So I bought the> Beautifying Oil. I have been amazed at how far> it goes. I have used it on the ends (bottom 18")> of my hair for about 12 shampoos and I still have> half of a bottle. And my hair has never been happier.> I have noticed that if I leave it on over night> that my hair seems to absorb more of it. I wonder> if that is because of the greys? They do tend> to be more coarse in texture and curlier. But> the worst part is that they seem to have a mind> of their own. Has anyone else found this to be> true? Take care...Noreen...>
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
Hi Cher,Glad to hear the trim went OK. You are a brave lady. :-) I am always worried about getting my hair done by someone new.In fact, I was a little nervous when I had my last highlights done because a couple of people were making comments about "all that hair" of mine. I love my current stylist and she does great with my long hair, but the shop caters to the latest and shortest looks so I sort of stick out like a sore thumb. :-)Sorry to hear about your mom's Doris Day look. She really sounds like quite a character. :-)Have a great Holiday too. Don't be a stranger.Karen> Karen.. Oh thanks.. I have been lurking.> I went for my first trim in 4 mos. last night.> I found a stylist who listened to my request of> less than 2" off. It looks much better and> she says one more trim and the layers are gone.> whew~..never again. I was kind of nervous considering> my mother went to get the lastest style done to> her hair this week..the top of shoulder length> pageboy. The lady cut her hair about chin length..> Mom says she looks like Doris Day! Alas, another> stylist who couldn't listen to instructions. My> trim went ok.. thank goodness. And this lady helped> me with showing me how to restyle my bangs. I> plan to go back to her for the next few mos. to> have regular trims to remove the rest of the layers> and the color that didn't wash out. Have a nice> holiday~ Cher
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
Hi Noreen,I only have a few grays but the ones that pop up want to stick straight out. :-) Luckily my hair (like yours) is very thick and wavy and it tends to weigh those little suckers down. Thank heavens.By the way...I have gotten great results from adding a few drops of Beautifying Oil to a high quality extra virgin olive oil or an almond oil. It really stretches the Beautifying Oil extra long. I do agree though that the price is well worth it. Unfortunately or fortunately Aveda only uses the finest and so it does cost more but as you have reported in the past, you get every penny's worth.Have a great 4th!Karen> Hi Cher,> I know what you mean. When I first saw that> tiny little bottle of Beautifying Oil and the> price, I almost didn't buy it. But my hair was> getting so dry on the ends that I had to do something> (cutting was NOT an option). I also tried to find> plain jojoba oil at the health food store, but> they said they don't carry it. And this small> town doesn't have many options. So I bought the> Beautifying Oil. I have been amazed at how far> it goes. I have used it on the ends (bottom 18")> of my hair for about 12 shampoos and I still have> half of a bottle. And my hair has never been happier.> I have noticed that if I leave it on over night> that my hair seems to absorb more of it. I wonder> if that is because of the greys? They do tend> to be more coarse in texture and curlier. But> the worst part is that they seem to have a mind> of their own. Has anyone else found this to be> true? Take care...Noreen...>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic