Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow To Grow Hair FAST?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jill Kleinbeck View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jill Kleinbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Hair growth rates don't depend so much on diet or shampoos. Hair growth is seasonal. Generally in the northern hemispere hair grows faster in the autumn and winter as a heat insulator. Ladies and guys out there don't be fooled by shampoo manufactures that claim their product can help your hair grow faster. I've come across many misleading ads and brochures that have us believe by adding a surfactant and some minor ingredients to our heads, generally less than 1% of the total volume of the shampoo thta we will regrow hair or grow it faster. Companies like Nisim should be shut down by the FDA or they should be forced to substantiate their claims.
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Hi All,I don't know much about hair loss. This is not something that I have any personal experience with. But in reading Karen's interview with Spencer David Kobren, it said that Propecia is not available to women becuase of possible side effects. Are you suggesting that women take this drug, or are you giving this advice to just the men that frequent this board? I am not trying to be critical, I am just trying to clarify this point. I would sure hate to see any woman reading this board having lasting side effects from taking a drug that could be harmful to her. I know that if I were to start losing my hair, I might be tempted to find a way to try this drug if I didn't know that it might be harmful to me.Also, not to knock science or the medical profession, if a condition is not life threatening or permanently debilatating, I will try to find a natural cure for something before I will put my health into the hands of some synthetic drug. I believe that drugs have their place, but should only be used as a last resort. Again, I repeat, this is only if I know the condition to be not life threatening.Noreen>> Nisim Shampoo is over priced and over rated> by a group of pseudointellects that try and con> honest salon owners into duping their clients> and destroying the hairstylists-client trust by> claiming a shampoo can help hair loss. Great scam.> Who are they kidding? Control hair loss with Propecia.> Put your trust in real science and medicine, and> leave the medicne wagons in the past.
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Dr. Farmilo I beg to differ with you. Nisim products have been clinically proven 85.7% effective to control hair loss AND regrow hair. Nisim Products are guaranteed and are far less expensive than drugs. There are no side effects unlike Rogaine or Propecia. Visit www.nisim.com send them an email and they will send you a free sample.tom>> Nisim Shampoo is over priced and over rated> by a group of pseudointellects that try and con> honest salon owners into duping their clients> and destroying the hairstylists-client trust by> claiming a shampoo can help hair loss. Great scam.> Who are they kidding? Control hair loss with Propecia.> Put your trust in real science and medicine, and> leave the medicne wagons in the past.
:)
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
Jill Please send me a private email I will be more than happy to send you a copy of our clinical proof. We do have clinical proof that our shampoo and extract when used together will control hair loss and regrow hair. The faster growth is purely anecedotal based on what many of our clients have said. Nisim products are all natural and do not require FDA approval. We have proof we guarantee. send me an email ill send you a sample and the proof. Tom
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
> Well, I'll fess up that my overreaction was> probably due to having strict dietary rules forced> down my throat at a young age. Friends?> Oh and being a scorpio I NEVER over-react> or get excessively sarcastic! ;-)> -jj For whom overreaction is a way of life!>Abosolutey Freinds!-k
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
Tom, Who are you? Sounds from your response that you must be the President of the company or some sharp salesman. I tried Nisim for 7 months and found the product a waste of time and money as I contiued to loss hair, not to mention losing 2 white shirts because your "natural" extract stained my shirts permanently. Let's go back to natural, how could your product be "natural"? The amino acids, inositol and biotin are all chemically synthesized. People are not easily fooled by garabge any longer.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
Hi Tom,Here at Hair Boutique we have volunteers who test and evaluate different hair care products. We also interview the experts. We have had Spencer David Kobren here and next week we will be posting an interview with the curly hair expert, Ouidad. If you would like to write a review of Nisim (from your experience and opinion) I would love to talk to you about this.You can email me at shelton@hiredguns.com. Jeff and I want to present all the information we can on any hair related topic.Thanks to all of you posting on this topic. It is very exciting to get lots of opinions and experiences.Regards,Karen> Dr. Farmilo I beg to differ with you. Nisim> products have been clinically proven 85.7% effective> to control hair loss AND regrow hair. Nisim Products> are guaranteed and are far less expensive than> drugs. There are no side effects unlike Rogaine> or Propecia. Visit www.nisim.com send them an> email and they will send you a free sample.> tom
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
Hi,I wanted to add to my original post to Tom. I was not aware when I wrote this that Tom is tied to the product. However, I still want to make the same offer to get information on the product from Tom or from anyone else who is interested in expressing the pros and cons of this product. Hair Boutique only wants to get answers about the hair care products. We are willing to publish differnt and opposing opinions.Please email me if you would like to contribute a review of the product. I am still interested in talking to Tom about this as well.Thanks Karen Shelton Webmaster Hair Boutique> Hi Tom,> Here at Hair Boutique we have volunteers> who test and evaluate different hair care products.> We also interview the experts. We have had Spencer> David Kobren here and next week we will be posting> an interview with the curly hair expert, Ouidad.> If you would like to write a review of Nisim (from> your experience and opinion) I would love to talk> to you about this.> You can email me at shelton@hiredguns.com.> Jeff and I want to present all the information> we can on any hair related topic.> Thanks to all of you posting on this topic.> It is very exciting to get lots of opinions and> experiences.> Regards,> Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
> Paul Yes I a m with Nisim. I am both the CEO and the majority shareholder. I am confused though by your comments regarding our product. As you know we guarantee the shampoo. We state that it will control excessive hair loss in a week, why did you continue to use and buy the product for 7 months. I suggest that you take your receipts back to the salon where you purchased the product for a full refund if you are not happy. If you do not have the receipts send the bottles to me and I will refund the money. If you did have problems you probably were not using the products as directed. The shampoo must be used daily and you must wash rinse and repeat, this is very important. If the shampoo did not or does nto control your hairloss in a week i would not buy or use the extract, because you must control hair loss before you can regrow hair. Tom Nisim Address 204 wilkinson Rd. Brampton Ontario L6T 4M4 Phone 800 656 4746Related Link:Nisim International
Tom View Drop Down

> Hi Tom,> Here at Hair Boutique we have volunteers> who test and evaluate different hair care products.> We also interview the experts. We have had Spencer> David Kobren here and next week we will be posting> an interview with the curly hair expert, Ouidad.> If you would like to write a review of Nisim (from> your experience and opinion) I would love to talk> to you about this.> You can email me at shelton@hiredguns.com.> Jeff and I want to present all the information> we can on any hair related topic.> Thanks to all of you posting on this topic.> It is very exciting to get lots of opinions and> experiences.> Regards,> KarenRelated Link:Nisim International
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
>Tom, Thanks for your honesty and your interest in posting your response. But, I was told by my hair stylists that I was to use both the shampoo concurrently with the extract. I was told that after 5 or 6 months I would see new growing hair. I decided to try the products for 7 months so I could be fair in my assessment of your product. And results were not acheived. In fact, I continued to loss my hair. However, I thank you for your offer of refunding my money, I no longer have the empty bottles. Your a fine gentleman for your offer nonetheless. Goodluck with your Company
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:50am
> Sounds good I'll try it
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:50am
>> Nisim Shampoo is over priced and over rated> by a group of pseudointellects that try and con> honest salon owners into duping their clients> and destroying the hairstylists-client trust by> claiming a shampoo can help hair loss. Great scam.> Who are they kidding? Control hair loss with Propecia.> Put your trust in real science and medicine, and> leave the medicne wagons in the past.
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:50am
> Thanks Marsha,> Let us know how this works for you.> Karen :-) Karen or Marsha, Do you buy MSM in a pill form or drink? Do you get it at a health food store or a place like GNC? Thanks, Jennifer H.
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
Hello, I just bought msm sulfur capsules by Natrol. Only after I bought the product did I read on the page that Marsha mentioned {for more info on msm}that alot of distributors dilute the product to increase profit. There is a way to test it, put 4 oz. water into a clear glass and pour the msm sulfur {1 capsule/1000 mg.} into it,if it does not completely dissolve and have somewhat of a bitter taste, it is not pure msm. The brand I bought is not pure. Does anybody know what brands are good? Thanks, Amber>
Jim Farmilo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Farmilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
This message is not from me, and I do not know who would have sent it under my name. I do not agree with the comments, and since I have in the past worked with the people at NISIM I certainly do not agree that the shampoo is "over-rated by a group of pseudointellects" (sic). As far as I am aware, we all did our best to produce a quality product which has been and is accepted by a large clientele. Since I worked with NISIM, I would hardly slander myself and I have no interest in promoting any hair product. I am sorry that the internet is being used to transmit such garbage as that note...>> Nisim Shampoo is over priced and over rated> by a group of pseudointellects that try and con> honest salon owners into duping their clients> and destroying the hairstylists-client trust by> claiming a shampoo can help hair loss. Great scam.> Who are they kidding? Control hair loss with Propecia.> Put your trust in real science and medicine, and> leave the medicne wagons in the past.
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
I enjoyed your web site and am excited about trying your product. The one question that I could not find an answer to on your web site is whether your company uses animal testing or animal ingredients. I hunted for it, but could not find an answer. Also, are there detailed usage directions given with the products.Thanks in advance!
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
>> Hello, I just bought msm sulfur capsules> by Natrol. Only after I bought the product did> I read on the page that Marsha mentioned {for> more info on msm}that alot of distributors dilute> the product to increase profit. There is a way> to test it, put 4 oz. water into a clear glass> and pour the msm sulfur {1 capsule/1000 mg.} into> it,if it does not completely dissolve and have> somewhat of a bitter taste, it is not pure msm.> The brand I bought is not pure. Does anybody know> what brands are good? Thanks, Amber Amber, I just bought MSM in a tablet form at a health food store. The name of it is "Country Life" 500mg MSM. I'm not sure if this is diluted either. The ingredients are Cellulose, Vegetable Stearine, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, and Food Glaze (vegetable). So, I'm not sure if I got my $ worth. Does anyone know? I think when I finish this bottle, I'm going to order from "A Penny Saved"( the site that was mentioned on the board). If you find a brand that is pure, let me know. I would rather take it in a tablet than a drink but will do which one gives the best results.Jenn H.
Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:53am
Kira thanks for your comments. We do not do any animal testing on our products nor do we include any animal products/biproducts in our ingreadients. All of our products have had full safety testing done at an outside lab facility, I am not sure how or what they did to insure the products were safe to be used on humans.>> I enjoyed your web site and am excited about> trying your product. The one question that I could> not find an answer to on your web site is whether> your company uses animal testing or animal ingredients.> I hunted for it, but could not find an answer.> Also, are there detailed usage directions given> with the products.> Thanks in advance!
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
Hi Jenn,The brand you bought isn't pure if it has those other ingredients in it. Sorry I can't be of help as to what brand you should buy,I think I'll go with your idea and oder from "a penny saved" also. By the way, I hear that the liquid form is the most effective because it is most easily absorbed by your body. But I'll stick with the capsules because liquid just doesn't sound very appealing! Amber>>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic