Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Grow Hair FAST?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow To Grow Hair FAST?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Priscella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priscella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Grow Hair FAST?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
My 10 year college reunion is in 1 year and I decided I want to show up with long hair. My current length is to my shoulders. Can anyone recommend vitamins that will make my hair grow really fast? Are there special shampoos that will help? Does Aveda make hair grow faster?Any help is gratefully appreciatedCella
Back to Top
Ally View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: June 02 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 55
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Cella--I'm fairly certain there's nothing one can do to speed hair growth. (I'm in the same boat, by the way.) My hairdresser says that by taking excellent care of it, I can make sure less needs to be trimmed each time.One thing that's reassuring: Even a couple of inches in length makes a /huge/ difference. (Remember the last time a stylist cut half an inch too much, and the result was devastating?)Oh--don't make the mistake of trying hair extensions. Three years later I'm STILL getting rid of the damage.Ally
Back to Top
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
I don't know if there is anything to grow hair fast, but I think there are things that you can do to speed things up slightly. I am growing my hair out from a really short hair cut last summer and am now wearing a below jaw length bob. I think that I'll have a little celebration when it touches my shoulders. I was in a health food store yesterday and there was a woman working there who had blond, wavy, waist length hair. I asked her if she did anything special to grow her hair and she said nothing really, just eating really well and pampering her hair. I think that is the answer.For nutrition I have found that kelp and silica really help with speeding up my hair growth. Flax oil really helps with the condition of my scalp which also helps my hair.I drink a morning shake consisting of:1 banana 1 tsp bee pollen 1 tbl kelp powder 1 tbl wheat germ 1 tbl alfalfa powder 2 tbl flax oil pineapple juiceIn the afternoon I have a shake consiting of:1 banana 4 tsp silica gel] 2 tbl flax oil 1/2 small package soft tofu unsweetened organic soy milk protein powder (I use this because I am trying to build muscle mass to run longer distances and because I follow a semi-vegetarian diet)I make both of these in the morning and drink them at work.On the nights when I come home and have to leave right away to do something I take some whole grain bread or a bagel and stuff it with either peanut butter or bean spread and then make the following shake:1 banana 2 apples 1 handful spinach (lots of iron) 1 handful other greens such as sprouts, rapini, swiss chard, etc. pineapple juice/ water (depending on how sweet you want it)This keeps me away from potato chips and the fast food drive through and supplies my body with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals.I have read that smoking, alcohol, sugar and chocolate are really bad for you hair. I don't know if this is relevant information for you, but I though I would pass it on.Remember to eat as well, if you go on any crash diets your hair may fall out and the growth will be stunted. Feed your hair.Excercise (don't ask me why, I don't know) is great for your hair. Since I have started running and weightlifting, my hair has grown faster.Pamper your hair. Use really high quality hair care products. Karen can probably recommend some. Jojoba oil is wonderful to impart shine. At least once a week I massage my scalp with Jojoba Oil and then run it through my hair. This is very relaxing and increses circulation in your scalp.Eat well, excercise and pamper your hair and now only will everyone be remarking what gorgeous hair you have, but how gorgeous you look.
Back to Top
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: November 26 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 4510
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Hi Cella,Unfortunately there is no magic bullet that will make your hair grow faster. What will work is taking aggressive steps to treating your hair the best way possible. This includes getting regular trims every 8-10 weeks to keep the split ends to a minimum, using the best hair care products that your pocketbook can afford and minimizing use of hot hair styling tools like blow driers and curlers.In a lot of ways, growing long hair is like undertaking a new way of living. I found that it took me a little time to make changes with my hair, but the results are worth it.Patience is also important because hair will grow and shed in cycles. Eating well and taking vitamins to supplement a good nutritional plan will also help a lot.Hanging out on Hair Talk is good too because you will get great advice from the regulars.Good luck with your hair.Karen> My 10 year college reunion is in 1 year and> I decided I want to show up with long hair. My> current length is to my shoulders. Can anyone> recommend vitamins that will make my hair grow> really fast? Are there special shampoos that will> help? Does Aveda make hair grow faster?> Any help is gratefully appreciated> Cella
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Back to Top
Jean View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: April 02 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 44
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
Karen,Don't you advocate eating seaweed to help grow hair?I thought I saw that somewhere that you said it helped your hair?Jean> Hi Cella,> Unfortunately there is no magic bullet that> will make your hair grow faster. What will work> is taking aggressive steps to treating your hair> the best way possible. This includes getting regular> trims every 8-10 weeks to keep the split ends> to a minimum, using the best hair care products> that your pocketbook can afford and minimizing> use of hot hair styling tools like blow driers> and curlers.> In a lot of ways, growing long hair is like> undertaking a new way of living. I found that> it took me a little time to make changes with> my hair, but the results are worth it.> Patience is also important because hair will> grow and shed in cycles. Eating well and taking> vitamins to supplement a good nutritional plan> will also help a lot.> Hanging out on Hair Talk is good too because> you will get great advice from the regulars.> Good luck with your hair.> Karen
Back to Top
Jennifer View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: November 30 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 748
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:45am
> This keeps me away from potato chips and> the fast food drive through and supplies my body> with carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals.>> I have read that smoking, alcohol, sugar> and chocolate are really bad for you hair. I don't> know if this is relevant information for you,> but I though I would pass it on.Spinach shakes and bean spread? No alcohol, sugar and chocolate? Not for me. Fine enough if you like that stuff, but it's not really necessary to grow your hair. I eat some sweets daily, have a couple of drinks a week and eat normal food and my hair grows quite fine. I think as long as you're eating a wide variety of foods and that most of what you're eating is nutritionally dense food (not junk food) that you should be fine. Personally I'd rather eat some chocolate and have a nice glass of wine than to want to quit an eating plan I don't like and binge on pure junk food.IMHO the best thing you can do to make your hair seem to grow faster (even the best nutrition won't throw your follicles into overdrive) is to take absolutely excellent care of the hair you currently have and to get regular careful trims. Throw out your blowdryer, get a hand polished comb and good brush, and start using high quality hair care products and you're well on your way. If you can find a long hair stylist to trim just the teensy tinyest bit off the ends of your hair and to do the splits for you then go for it. Otherwise you should probably trim the splits for yourself and maybe only get 2 or 3 real trims.-jennifer Who likes her spinach in a salad with real bacon and her "bean spread" with pita, dolmas and a glass of ouzo.
Back to Top
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: November 26 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 4510
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
Hi Jean,Yes...I eat at least 1 sheet of Nori every day. It looks a lot like carbon paper which freaks people out from time to time, but hey...it seems to help me have thick, healthy shiny and growing hair. If I thought it would help my hair grow better I would even eat real carbon paper. :-)Karen> Karen,> Don't you advocate eating seaweed to help> grow hair?> I thought I saw that somewhere that you said> it helped your hair?> Jean
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Back to Top
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
> Spinach shakes and bean spread? No alcohol,> sugar and chocolate? Not for me. Fine enough if> you like that stuff, but it's not really necessary> to grow your hair. I eat some sweets daily, have> a couple of drinks a week and eat normal food> and my hair grows quite fine. I think as long> as you're eating a wide variety of foods and that> most of what you're eating is nutritionally dense> food (not junk food) that you should be fine.> Personally I'd rather eat some chocolate and have> a nice glass of wine than to want to quit an eating> plan I don't like and binge on pure junk food.>> IMHO the best thing you can do to make your> hair seem to grow faster (even the best nutrition> won't throw your follicles into overdrive) is> to take absolutely excellent care of the hair> you currently have and to get regular careful> trims. Throw out your blowdryer, get a hand polished> comb and good brush, and start using high quality> hair care products and you're well on your way.> If you can find a long hair stylist to trim just> the teensy tinyest bit off the ends of your hair> and to do the splits for you then go for it. Otherwise> you should probably trim the splits for yourself> and maybe only get 2 or 3 real trims.> -jennifer Who likes her spinach in a salad> with real bacon and her "bean spread"> with pita, dolmas and a glass of ouzo.Sorry to offend your sensibilities with my "freaky habits." I thought that this was an open forum which embraced information and ideas. Next time I'll remember to just look and not contribute too much! I'll only contribute my "mainstream" ideas in the future!- Kira Whose fingers will be kept on her mouse instead of the keyboard!
Back to Top
Jennifer View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: November 30 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 748
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
> Sorry to offend your sensibilities with my> "freaky habits." I thought that this> was an open forum which embraced information and> ideas. Next time I'll remember to just look and> not contribute too much! I'll only contribute> my "mainstream" ideas in the future!No, I'm not really offended. And I certainly wouldn't want you to only post mainstream ideas. However I disagree with the idea that we need to restrict our diets to only health food and shakes in order to have healthy hair and bodies. I wouldn't want anyone to think that's the ONLY way to go, or that your hair will grow faster if they follow a similar regimin... certainly if you enjoy it then that's cool. I DO think that a diverse diet is important, but I don't think that my hair grows slower because I eat sweets and drink alcohol. I was trying to express that in a bit of a lighthearted way, and I see that I failed. Sorry.-jennifer Who buys organic produce because it TASTES better.
Back to Top
Lisa View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: January 28 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 18
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
I used to have long hair, but I got one too many perms, and had to cut it off.Now I am growing my hair out again, and I have found that if you stimulate the scalp, it will help. I have been using Fine Solutions (it is for fine and thinning hair. My hair is fine, but I do have a lot of it) shampoo and scalp massage, and it has made my hair grow faster than it normally does. I really think it the massaging that is making it grow faster, not the shampoo, but......
Back to Top
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: November 26 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 4510
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
Kira,I really will be sad if you stop posting. I love your posts just like I enjoy Jennifer and everyone else on the board. I learn so much from everyone here. New opinions are wonderful.I think one of the problems with talk boards and email is that you can't see the person's face when they are talking. I was having problems recently where my "dry humour" was being taken as sarcastic. OOPS. If they saw me in person they would know that I just have a strong sense of humour and am not trying to be sarcastic. :-0So sometimes people misunderstand postings and email. I know that I have had my feelings hurt in the past and when I think about it I realize that I just misread the post or whatever. I do have a good excuse...being an overly sensitive Cancer gets me crazed at times.... :-)Thank you for posting all your great recipes. I do try to eat healthy most of the time and take care of my hair...but then I do "cheat" sometimes. I don't smoke but I do have this love affair with chocolate and sugar and those are not great for either my skin or my hair. My "evil twin" just goes nuts and makes me eat chocolate when my hair is unwilling. :-) I know better but sometimes my will is weak. I do eat seaweed every day and I do hang at the health food store most of the time thought.Several years ago I lost about 1/3rd of the thickness of my hair from a crazy liquid diet. I had to learn the hard way what terrible nutrition will do to my hair. YUCK.At any rate...I hope you will not just lurk because I will miss you.Happy 4th!KarenKaren> No, I'm not really offended. And I certainly> wouldn't want you to only post mainstream ideas.> However I disagree with the idea that we need> to restrict our diets to only health food and> shakes in order to have healthy hair and bodies.> I wouldn't want anyone to think that's the ONLY> way to go, or that your hair will grow faster> if they follow a similar regimin... certainly> if you enjoy it then that's cool. I DO think that> a diverse diet is important, but I don't think> that my hair grows slower because I eat sweets> and drink alcohol. I was trying to express that> in a bit of a lighthearted way, and I see that> I failed. Sorry.> -jennifer Who buys organic produce because> it TASTES better.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Back to Top
jeramy richter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeramy richter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
> My 10 year college reunion is in 1 year and> I decided I want to show up with long hair. My> current length is to my shoulders. Can anyone> recommend vitamins that will make my hair grow> really fast? Are there special shampoos that will> help? Does Aveda make hair grow faster?> Any help is gratefully appreciated> Cella the fastest way to grow your hair is exercise and high amounts of protein in your diet. like met-rx sport supplement shakes, or any supplement shake with high protien, 2 to 3 a day is good. to wash your hair alternate between a couple shampoos and conditioners maybe 3 if possible but 2 is o.k. nioxin bio nutrient cleanser and scalp therapy are great products to supply your hair with nutrients and stimulate, joico products are also good, once a week deep condition your hair at least 10 minutes joico k pac is probably the best, doing all these things will make your hair grow more rapid then anything else, jeramy richter
Back to Top
Marsha View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: January 24 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 29
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:46am
MSM Sulfur is a form of organic nutritional sulfur found in dairy products, fruit, meat and vegetables. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and other vegetables contain substantial amounts of MSM. During food preparation, we lose most of it because MSM is highly water soluble and it goes up with the steam or simply gets thrown out with the water.I have heard a lot of praise about MSM in aiding hair growth. Hair and nails grow faster because MSM is an organic sulfur and you have more organic sulfur in your nails and hair than anywhere else in your body.For more info on this go to URL http://www.pennysaved.com/I hope that helps. I'm going to go out and buy some of the stuff myself!----Marsha :-)
Marsha
Back to Top
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: November 26 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 4510
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:47am
Thanks Marsha,Let us know how this works for you.Karen :-)>> MSM Sulfur is a form of organic nutritional> sulfur found in dairy products, fruit, meat and> vegetables. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and> other vegetables contain substantial amounts of> MSM. During food preparation, we lose most of> it because MSM is highly water soluble and it> goes up with the steam or simply gets thrown out> with the water.> I have heard a lot of praise about MSM in> aiding hair growth. Hair and nails grow faster> because MSM is an organic sulfur and you have> more organic sulfur in your nails and hair than> anywhere else in your body.> For more info on this go to URL http://www.pennysaved.com/>> I hope that helps. I'm going to go out and> buy some of the stuff myself!> ----Marsha :-)
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Back to Top
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:47am
> use> my hair, but the results are worth it.> Patience is also important because hair will> grow and shed in cycles. Eating well and taking> vitamins to supplement a good nutritional plan> will also help a lot.> Hanging out on Hair Talk is good too because> you will get great advice from the regulars.> Good luck with your hair.> Karen
Back to Top
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
I guess that I can't be that upset, because I just can't stay away from this board.Sorry to Jennifer for over-reacting. This is not really a Virgo trait, but I am prone to getting upset when I feel that I am being ridiculed. Years of conditioning in a large family I suppose.Thanks to Karen - for just being you.
Back to Top
KAREN View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: May 30 2002
Location: CALIFORNIA
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Kira,Welcome back. I am so glad to see you. :-)My best friend all through high school was a Virgo (hi Betty Brennan wherever you are).Thanks for all the great posts....and the kind words.Karen> I guess that I can't be that upset, because> I just can't stay away from this board.> Sorry to Jennifer for over-reacting. This> is not really a Virgo trait, but I am prone to> getting upset when I feel that I am being ridiculed.> Years of conditioning in a large family I suppose.>> Thanks to Karen - for just being you.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Back to Top
Jennifer View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: November 30 2000
Status: Offline
Points: 748
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
> Sorry to Jennifer for over-reacting. This> is not really a Virgo trait, but I am prone to> getting upset when I feel that I am being ridiculed.> Years of conditioning in a large family I suppose.Well, I'll fess up that my overreaction was probably due to having strict dietary rules forced down my throat at a young age. Friends?Oh and being a scorpio I NEVER over-react or get excessively sarcastic! ;-)-jj For whom overreaction is a way of life!
Back to Top
patty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Try a shampoo by Nisim. It is designed to regrow hair that has been lost but it actually makes all of you hair grow faster.
Back to Top
Dr. Farmilo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Farmilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:48am
Nisim Shampoo is over priced and over rated by a group of pseudointellects that try and con honest salon owners into duping their clients and destroying the hairstylists-client trust by claiming a shampoo can help hair loss. Great scam. Who are they kidding? Control hair loss with Propecia. Put your trust in real science and medicine, and leave the medicne wagons in the past.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down


Copyright 1997-2020, hairboutique.com, All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, Advertise, Contact Us, Press, Disclaimer