Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPerm just ends of hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm just ends of hair?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:51am
First, please let me say I know next to nothing about hair. I have really thick, straight, halfway-down-my-back-length hair... my problem is the ends don't lay down nicely, some curve out, some curve in (no, they're not split ends, my hair just got cut a few inches). Looks fine if I curl the ends under with a curling iron, but of course, that's probably not great for my hair and it's a pain in the neck to do. Anyway, here's my insane question: can I permanently curl only the ends under? Like, maybe with a set of jumbo rollers and a box of Ogilvie? Thanks in advance for any help!
Andrea
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:51am
Hi,Believe it or not, perms have come a long way and you can get pin curl perms, ends of the hair perms, half and half perms with half the hair left straight, perms on just your bangs or perms where they use carpet chunks to curl hair (I kid you not..it is done in Oregon).So yes..you can perm just the ends. Absolutely. One warning...it may not last as long as if you do a perm on all of your hair.I always recommend you see a professional. But if that doesn't work for you....then buy the best product you can buy and read all the instructions and make sure you condition your hair really well before and after you start.Good luck. :-)Karen> First, please let me say I know next to nothing> about hair. I have really thick, straight, halfway-down-my-back-length> hair... my problem is the ends don't lay down> nicely, some curve out, some curve in (no, they're> not split ends, my hair just got cut a few inches).> Looks fine if I curl the ends under with a curling> iron, but of course, that's probably not great> for my hair and it's a pain in the neck to do.> Anyway, here's my insane question: can I permanently> curl only the ends under? Like, maybe with a set> of jumbo rollers and a box of Ogilvie? Thanks> in advance for any help!
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:51am
Just wanted to say thanks very much for responding so quickly!! I've posted to a lot of bulletin boards on the web, and I always expect to wait a minimum of about a week for someone to reply. But wow... less than 24 hours! Thanks again...-andrea
Andrea
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic