Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuppa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair growth
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
I recently got my hair cut from having it all one length 17".Now I have layers starting at 9" and blending to 13". How long will it take to grow back healthy, thick, curly hair about 4"-5"?
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
Depends on your own rate of hair growth. I am assuming you are asking how fast will you beable to get your hair all one length again? The usual hair growth is 1/2" a month so you can expect 8mos or longer. I had layers cut back in February. I immediately was sorry and went back to the stylist within a few days to get her to start cutting the bottom layers off. I did that 2-3 times then went for 4 months before getting another 2" trim. I still have a few inches left of layers. I was going to get another trim yesterday but was talked out of it by my husband and Mom. Since the 2" trim I got 2 weeks ago..it is better looking and I can braid much better. So, I guess I will wait for another few months for some more hair growth before getting the remainder cut. My hair grows about 1/2 - 3/4" a month. Layers are definitely for women who love to style their hair everyday..something I am not into. I was horrified to have my braid with all these pieces popping out.. miserable. Good luck.. Cheryl> I recently got my hair cut from having it> all one length 17".Now I have layers starting> at 9" and blending to 13". How long> will it take to grow back healthy, thick, curly> hair about 4"-5"?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic