Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExperiences With Beauty College

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experiences With Beauty College
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
Here is my problem. I got laid off from my job and am on a tight budget. I like to wear my hair short and very layered, which looks great, but I have to get my hair trimmed every 4 weeks or it looks like total hell.My hairstylist charges about $40 to cut my hair and style it. I now that is good compared to some places that charge a lot more. However, $40 is a lot to me right now.A friend suggested that I try a beauty school because I can get a cut for much much cheaper. I am leery though. Don't you have to let them cut your hair the way that they want? What happens if they destroy it? I am already depressed about finding a job, last thing I need it to look like a scalped chicken.Has anyone had their hair cut at a beauty school before? Good or bad results?Help.Sherry
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
> Here is my problem. I got laid off from my> job and am on a tight budget. I like to wear my> hair short and very layered, which looks great,> but I have to get my hair trimmed every 4 weeks> or it looks like total hell.> My hairstylist charges about $40 to cut my> hair and style it. I now that is good compared> to some places that charge a lot more. However,> $40 is a lot to me right now.> A friend suggested that I try a beauty school> because I can get a cut for much much cheaper.> I am leery though. Don't you have to let them> cut your hair the way that they want? What happens> if they destroy it? I am already depressed about> finding a job, last thing I need it to look like> a scalped chicken.> Has anyone had their hair cut at a beauty> school before? Good or bad results?> Help.> Sherry Sherry, I have a friend who went to a beauty college and I use to be a hair model for her. No, they don't cut your hair the way they want. They should be able to cut it with the style you already have. Yes, they are cheaper. Also, the instructors are near by and approve the students work. Maybe I have helped a little by telling you my experiences. Also, have you thought about someplace like Supercuts? I know they are cheap too. I have a friend who has always gone to them and her hair looks great. These are hairdressers that have their license if it makes you more comfortable. Good Luck! Jenn H.
Tammi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:52am
Jenn summed it up well. I have had really good luck with the Beauty College close to my home. I go there all the time for all kinds of stuff. I was a little concerned about color, but the teacher supervised every step and it turned out great. I went to a Toni & Guy beauty school.Do it.Tammi>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic