Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAveda Styling Curessence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cassidy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aveda Styling Curessence
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:53am
I was curious. Does it have any "cones" in the ingredients? Could someone give a list of some good detanglers that compete with Aveda's Styling Curessence?I am in the market for a new detangler and am curious for some brands to try.Cass
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:53am
The listing of ingredients in the Styling Curessence are: Aqueous Extracts of Rosemary, Lavender, Peppermint and Aloe Vera Gel/Polyquaternium-10 (*Plant cellulose)/ Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Hair keratin (*Coconut)/ Polyquaternium-16 (*Holding Agent)/ Aveda's Own Pure,Natural, Plant derived fragrance Containing a perservative blend of Ylang Ylang and many other pure flower and plant essences/Panthenol (provitamin B5)/ Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin/Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C) Tocopherol (Vitamin E)/ Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen)/ Diazolidmyl Urea (Preservative) PPG-2 Ceteareth-9 (*Coconut)?/ Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent) whew...I hope it is all typed correctly.. now it is up to Laura Jane to tell us if there are any silicones!! I don't see any cone words.. I think the styling Curessence is wonderful as a spray leave on conditioner. The bottle has lasted me for months and it works great.. Cher> I was curious. Does it have any "cones"> in the ingredients? Could someone give a list> of some good detanglers that compete with Aveda's> Styling Curessence?> I am in the market for a new detangler and> am curious for some brands to try.> Cass
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:53am
> I hope it is all typed correctly.. now> it is up to Laura Jane to tell us if there are> any silicones!! I don't see any cone words.. I> think the styling Curessence is wonderful as a> spray leave on conditioner. The bottle has lasted> me for months and it works great.. CherI've used the Styling Curessence also. It helps a lot on bad days in winter, when the air is really dry in the lab and my hair gets very staticky. I don't use it regularly, just when I'm having problems, so I still have about half the original bottle I bought in about February. There are no silicones, and it definitely works well. The only thing I dislike about it is the smell - it can be overpowering if you have a lot of hair.I haven't found anything else that works as well, but I can recommend a couple of detanglers that aren't too bad. Paul Mitchell's Lite Detangler Spray is decent - I used that before I found the Styling Curessence, and it worked fairly well. When I changed over, I gave the rest of the Paul Mitchell to my brother, who has terrible tangles sometimes (his hair is very fine, and it curls). He likes it because it has very little smell (the one thing I preferred about it over Aveda). I've also tried a spray detangler by Aussie, which didn't work as well but was very cheap by comparison. I can't remember exactly what that was called.Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu (Only about 200 more messages to go! I've been so busy I haven't been here in a week!)
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
I like Matrix "Instacure". It's a great detangler/reconstructor spray.
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
> I was curious. Does it have any "cones"> in the ingredients? Could someone give a list> of some good detanglers that compete with Aveda's> Styling Curessence?> I am in the market for a new detangler and> am curious for some brands to try.> Cass Why not try Aubrey Organics? The GPB conditioner is great and gets rid of tangles instantly. You might also like to try some moisturizing jelly which is also available. For a catalog, call 1-800-AUBREY-H.No, I do not work for the company, but I love the products. I have used Aveda's Curessence and found that it left my hair almost sludge-greasy after a month's use. THis was amazing to me since my hair is normal to dry. I give no praise to the Aveda line.
Cassidy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
Hi Jade,Thanks for the tip on the Aubrey Organics. I tried his line of products (the man seems to know his stuff) several times before and my hair just never felt like I had washed it.I guess it really is true that what works on some hair doesn't work on others.Thanks again.Cass>> No, I do not work for the company, but I> love the products. I have used Aveda's Curessence> and found that it left my hair almost sludge-greasy> after a month's use. THis was amazing to me since> my hair is normal to dry. I give no praise to> the Aveda line.
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
What other Aveda products have you used? Just curious..since you sound like you have written off the entire line of products.>> No, I do not work for the company, but I> love the products. I have used Aveda's Curessence> and found that it left my hair almost sludge-greasy> after a month's use. THis was amazing to me since> my hair is normal to dry. I give no praise to> the Aveda line.
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
> What other Aveda products have you used?> Just curious..since you sound like you have written> off the entire line of products.Cher, Hi, by the way. I have tried the Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner, Shampure Conditioner and a styling gel the name of which I cannot remember. The Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner left my hair brittle and lifeless. The Shampoo was the best product by Aveda which I used, but eventually it "turned" on me. By that I mean, I had to alternate with another product to get the best results in terms of shine, volume, and manageability. The styling gel yielded the same results as the conditioner--hard hair.I think Cassidy is right. The best thing to do is find products which work well for your hair. I urge people to try Aubrey Organics only because of the superior results which I got with the products. I cut nearly three inches of split ends from my hair over a year ago to the point that my hair was barely touching my shoulders. My usual thick, silky strong hair seemed to be limp and lifeless, too. A year later after using Aubrey Organic products my hair was a few inches above my waist and thick, shiny and strong like it had always been. I could not blame the condition of my hair on a poor diet, lack of vitamins and mineral supplements, stress, etc. As soon as I changed my hair care products, the situation started to improve and within months the results were dramatic.
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
I am sorry you had such rough results from Aveda..tho I find "hard hair" a result to believe. There is no Shampure conditoner...Shampure is the shampoo. Maybe from your results you just used all the wrong Aveda products for your hair. Also like you said, everyone needs to find the right products for their own texture of hair. I have never tried the cherry almond bark condtioner because I can't seem to break away from Curessence...it's a habit for life. I hope to always have a bottle of shampure and Curessence taking up space in my cabinet. I have used Shampure, Curessence, Styling Curessence, Phomollient,& Beautifying oil. And hope this week to buy some of the Witch Hazel Spray. So far, not one product has produced bad results. These are what I have found from starting out with damaged hair and gaining healthy looking hair in a matter of weeks.. Cher~>> Cher, Hi, by the way. I have tried the Cherry> Almond Bark Conditioner, Shampure Conditioner> and a styling gel the name of which I cannot remember.> The Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner left my hair> brittle and lifeless. The Shampoo was the best> product by Aveda which I used, but eventually> it "turned" on me. By that I mean, I> had to alternate with another product to get the> best results in terms of shine, volume, and manageability.> The styling gel yielded the same results as the> conditioner--hard hair.> I think Cassidy is right. The best thing> to do is find products which work well for your> hair. I urge people to try Aubrey Organics only> because of the superior results which I got with> the products. I cut nearly three inches of split> ends from my hair over a year ago to the point> that my hair was barely touching my shoulders.> My usual thick, silky strong hair seemed to be> limp and lifeless, too. A year later after using> Aubrey Organic products my hair was a few inches> above my waist and thick, shiny and strong like> it had always been. I could not blame the condition> of my hair on a poor diet, lack of vitamins and> mineral supplements, stress, etc. As soon as I> changed my hair care products, the situation started> to improve and within months the results were> dramatic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic