Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedColor Layering?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Layering?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:53am
A friend of mine just had three colors put into her hair, butterscotch, French vanilla and chocolate. Her hair looks incredible. She tried to explain to me what the colorist did (she paid a fortune for this treatment but it looks like it is worth every penny) and she said that they use little foils and three different color bowls and a little brush.Anyone have any ideas on how they did this? Do you think I could do this at home to my hair or am I being totally nuts to try?Monica
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
Please don't try this at home!!! I did twice. The first time I ended up looking like a bald man, you know, a big white circle on the crown of my head. The second time my hair looked like a rusty penny with little black spots,which brings me to my current problem,short hair that I hate. Not trying to be pushy, but I really think you should go to a professional. Amber> A friend of mine just had three colors put> into her hair, butterscotch, French vanilla and> chocolate. Her hair looks incredible. She tried> to explain to me what the colorist did (she paid> a fortune for this treatment but it looks like> it is worth every penny) and she said that they> use little foils and three different color bowls> and a little brush.> Anyone have any ideas on how they did this?> Do you think I could do this at home to my hair> or am I being totally nuts to try?> Monica
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:54am
Hey Amber,Been there, done that. Except I never looked like a bald man. :-) I looked more like I stuck my finger in a socket.Please, go to a pro. I finally did and my hair looks absolutely fab.Never try the tricky stuff at home, unless you are made at someone and they have to look at you.Carol> Please don't try this at home!!! I did twice.> The first time I ended up looking like a bald> man, you know, a big white circle on the crown> of my head. The second time my hair looked like> a rusty penny with little black spots,which brings> me to my current problem,short hair that I hate.> Not trying to be pushy, but I really think you> should go to a professional. Amber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic