Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow Long is Too Long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long is Too Long
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
My wife has gourgeous long blonde hair past her waist. It is her pride and joy (Mine Too).What she puts up with constantly is - "How can you stand such long hair, doesn't it get in your way or bother you" or "So when are you going to get rid of that mop".Her hair is absolutely beautiful and it always looks well kept and professionally styled looking. It really bothers her when she gets the few negative comments - however the number of good comments out weigh the bad ones.What I would like to know is - if hair is beautiful, clean, and always styled nicely, can you really say how long is too long. IMHO I would have to say my wife would look fantastic even if her hair was hanging down to her ankles because she takes care of it. Rapunzel, eat your heart out. I'm biased but have good reason to be. She would look good bald too. Shes incredible!!!!!!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
Well..gee, first off, may I congratulate your wife on such an admiring husband. Secondly, sounds like your wife has beautiful hair. Do you mind me asking how old she is? Because usually younger women do not get those kind of remarks as the older ones. Maybe they do..maybe I just can't remember! I know I used to get the remarks about how in the world did I wash it..but never about cutting it off. We would love to see some pics of her hair.. Cher> My wife has gourgeous long blonde hair past> her waist. It is her pride and joy (Mine Too).>> What she puts up with constantly is - "How> can you stand such long hair, doesn't it get in> your way or bother you" or "So when> are you going to get rid of that mop".> Her hair is absolutely beautiful and it always> looks well kept and professionally styled looking.> It really bothers her when she gets the few negative> comments - however the number of good comments> out weigh the bad ones.> What I would like to know is - if hair is> beautiful, clean, and always styled nicely, can> you really say how long is too long. IMHO I would> have to say my wife would look fantastic even> if her hair was hanging down to her ankles because> she takes care of it. Rapunzel, eat your heart> out. I'm biased but have good reason to be. She> would look good bald too. Shes incredible!!!!!!>>
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
> My wife has gourgeous long blonde hair past> her waist. It is her pride and joy (Mine Too).>> What she puts up with constantly is - "How> can you stand such long hair, doesn't it get in> your way or bother you" or "So when> are you going to get rid of that mop".> Her hair is absolutely beautiful and it always> looks well kept and professionally styled looking.> It really bothers her when she gets the few negative> comments - however the number of good comments> out weigh the bad ones.> What I would like to know is - if hair is> beautiful, clean, and always styled nicely, can> you really say how long is too long. IMHO I would> have to say my wife would look fantastic even> if her hair was hanging down to her ankles because> she takes care of it. Rapunzel, eat your heart> out. I'm biased but have good reason to be. She> would look good bald too. Shes incredible!!!!!!>> Steve, you sound like sucha a wonnnnderful guy. Do you have any brothers? I think these rude and obnoxious comments are coming from people who are jealous. I have had comments about cutting my hair before as well. Mine is waist length and fine. I am 33 this Fri actually and I am going to grow it and I don't care what other people think I should do with it and I don't think your wife shouldn't either!!Leslie
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
Hi Steve,It is nice to see a husband so supportive and complimentary about his wife. She is a lucky lady. As for those comments, even though they are rude just take them in stride. I always remind myself that these people have been brainwashed to beleive that long hair is hard to take care of, expensive to maintain, and only for the very young. I try to look at it as my opportunity to be a goodwill ambassador for long hair. I smile, and politely answer their rude questions. Who knows, maybe I might get them to rethink their opinions.Everyone should be able to wear their hair however they want. I, too, am still growing my hair and as long as my hair cooperates I will continue. I won't let the nay sayers stop me.Your wifes hair sounds lovely. I hope that she won't let those rude questions stop her from reaching her hair goal, whatever that may be.Noreen
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:56am
Happy Birthday for Friday Leslie :-)Paul
Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
IMHO too long is when your wife says so. I don't think there is a length that is "too long", despite what some short hair promoters say. I can see where it might become difficult to manage hair that is too long to be worn down, but as Noreen says, If you hair cooperates there just isn't any such thing as too long (and she ought to know).Mike> My wife has gourgeous long blonde hair past> her waist. It is her pride and joy (Mine Too).>> What she puts up with constantly is - "How> can you stand such long hair, doesn't it get in> your way or bother you" or "So when> are you going to get rid of that mop".> Her hair is absolutely beautiful and it always> looks well kept and professionally styled looking.> It really bothers her when she gets the few negative> comments - however the number of good comments> out weigh the bad ones.> What I would like to know is - if hair is> beautiful, clean, and always styled nicely, can> you really say how long is too long. IMHO I would> have to say my wife would look fantastic even> if her hair was hanging down to her ankles because> she takes care of it. Rapunzel, eat your heart> out. I'm biased but have good reason to be. She> would look good bald too. Shes incredible!!!!!!>>
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
> Happy Birthday for Friday Leslie :-)> Paul> Thank you Sweetie!!! Leslie
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
But, Steve, you've answered your own question!You love it. She loves it. If /my/ boyfriend ever praised my beauty on an Internet message board, I'd faint.No matter what your physical characteristics, be they beautiful, plain, or deformed, it's a sure thing that SOME clod will make an insensitive and unsolicited observation.Your wife's hair is only too long if /she/ feels it's too long....or if it becomes a safety hazard. ;)Ally
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
My wife is 34 (looks 23) and is beautiful.How do you post pics of her here, I'd love too.Steve
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
Happy Birthday Leslie, and sorry nor borthers left - all taken.Steve
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
WOW - WHAT A RESPONSE!!!Thanks All for confirming what my wife and I have believed all along. Long hair is beautiful if the person who has it keeps it well kept - no matter what age.I wish I could post pictures of my wife here - but we had some creep(s) use the pictures saying they were theirs. Oh well such is the net. Live and learn.I could email them to those who would like to see them! Just ask me.Take care for now.PS - yes my wife is the most precious thing to me. The Bible was right when it states "A Man has found a good thing when he has found a Wife". AMEN!!!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
I would like to see the pics!! cher2359@aol.com> WOW - WHAT A RESPONSE!!!> Thanks All for confirming what my wife and> I have believed all along. Long hair is beautiful> if the person who has it keeps it well kept -> no matter what age.> I wish I could post pictures of my wife here> - but we had some creep(s) use the pictures saying> they were theirs. Oh well such is the net. Live> and learn.> I could email them to those who would like> to see them! Just ask me.> Take care for now.> PS - yes my wife is the most precious thing> to me. The Bible was right when it states "A> Man has found a good thing when he has found a> Wife". AMEN!!!
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
> My wife has gourgeous long blonde hair past> her waist. It is her pride and joy (Mine Too).> What she puts up with constantly is - "How> can you stand such long hair, doesn't it get in> your way or bother you" or "So when> are you going to get rid of that mop".The questions about when she is going to cut it are just plain rude. The ones about whether it gets in the way or how she deals with it may just be honest curiosity or amazement from people who would like to have such hair but don't think they could handle it. I sometimes get that sort of question, too, and I view it as an opportunity to educate people about what long hair is really like.> What I would like to know is - if hair is> beautiful, clean, and always styled nicely, can> you really say how long is too long.The only person who can say how long too long might be is the person who is growing the hair. It's a matter of individual preference (unless it is a case of safety or hygiene, in which case those take priority). We can all have our own opinions, but there is no excuse for being rude about them. An observer may not agree about the length of someone's hair, but that doesn't mean he or she ought to say so.Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic