Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWHAT DO MEN THINK ABOUT SHORT HAIR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT DO MEN THINK ABOUT SHORT HAIR?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not being able to get a guy because of it.
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
Im a 57 yr old staight male I love long hair - but the hair doesn't make the person - I've seen some pretty stunning hair styles, short, long medium - in the end it is who you are not what you look like that counts - after all we were all made in God's image, it's hard to improve on that> I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true> that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision> , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not> being able to get a guy because of it.
John R View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:57am
Hi Jade,I love long hair on women, but I think the woman should decide what looks good on her. I think men are often attracted to ladies with short hair because they see them as more daring, less willing to stay the same, risk takers, adventurous, and confident. A good, short hair cut that accentuates your other features may be just the thing you need to attract the men you are looking for. Just be sure you are ready to commit to the change in styling time and frequency of trims needed to keep your new do looking good.John R> I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true> that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision> , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not> being able to get a guy because of it.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
> I love long hair on women, but I think the woman should decide what looks> good on her.Agreed.> I think men are often attracted to ladies with short hair because they see them as> more daring, less willing to stay the same, risk takers, adventurous, and confident.Some men, perhaps. I don't attribute these characteristics in general to women with short hair. The existence of these attributes depends on the person in question. Given how few women actually seem to wear long hair, I can't see how wearing short hair would make a woman appear to be MORE daring. In fact, quite the opposite may be true. Those who dare to be long may well be the recipient of flak from others (to which various people can attest), and the confident ones are those who remain true to their appreciation for long hair despite the pressure from others to cut.> A good, short hair cut that accentuates your other features may be just the> thing you need to attract the men you are looking for.Is there any such thing as a "good" short haircut? ;-) Seriously though, you should be aware that if you do cut your hair you will be perceived differently, and it may or may not appeal to those you want to attract.> Just be sure you are ready to commit to the change in styling timeTranslation: Short hair *may* take more time to style since it's difficult to make it do anything other than what it can't already do (since there's so little length to work with).> Just be sure you are ready to commit to the .... frequency of trims needed to keep> your new do looking good.Translation: Short-haired candidates will be aided and assisted by possession of a Brinks armored bank car parked in their garage! ;-) Well, maybe it's not that bad, but you get my point!Dave
David M Squires
jade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
> I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true> that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision> , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not> being able to get a guy because of it. This is the first Jade on this board who has made numerous comments about everything from dumping Aveda to using avocado and honey as a great conditioner.Stop worrying about whether you can find a guy with or without hair. Have some sense of self and confidence.
maggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
OK, true story. I used to have middle of the back blonde hair (highlighted). I met my boyfriend and he loved my hair. I was always suspicious that he loved my hair more than me. So after one terrible fight, I cut it all off. Really short. He was very sad about it and hurt that I did it to "punish him" but he told me he loved me no matter what and my hair was nice window dressing but was not my heart and soul.We are engaged now and my hair is to my shoulders and I am trying to grow it long because I know that he enjoys it. Not because I think I have to or because he pressures me but because I want to do it for him. Just like he does stuff because he loves me.So in the beginning I think the hair or the other factors attract the person, I think it is what is inside that makes or breaks a long term relationship.Good luck. Do what feels right for you.Maggie>> Stop worrying about whether you can find> a guy with or without hair. Have some sense of> self and confidence.
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
Hi Jade, I apologise before hand, this may sound conceited! I am quite an attractive person, when my hair was long many men were interested in me,since I've cut my hair short, NOTHING has changed!! If you want to cut your hair and you think YOU will like it,GO FOR IT. Besides,do you really want to attract men so shallow that they don't like a woman because of her hair style? Amber> I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true> that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision> , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not> being able to get a guy because of it.
david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
> I'm going to cut my hair short, is it true> that men prefer longer hair? I know it's my decision> , but I wouldn't want to be walking aroung not> being able to get a guy because of it.Shorthaired women are a blot on the landscape. I will not hire them or do business with them, let alone sleep with them. Yes, a woman has the right to wear her hair short. But I have the right to choose with which women I will associate. I choose to have to nothing to do with shorthaired women. A woman who values her relationship with me will refrain from cutting it. The choice is hers.DAVID
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
>> Why do you want to cut your hair? How long is it anyways? Mine is is down to my waist and I am going to let it grow a lot longer. Iam taking hair vitamins. I find I get a lot of attention from Men because I have long hair.
tiara View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
> Shorthaired women are a blot on the landscape.> I will not hire them or do business with them,> let alone sleep with them.Most women would not want to sleep with a man so shallow that he can't look any further than their hair, anyway. (In other words: NO BIG LOSS!!!)> I> choose to have to nothing to do with shorthaired> women. A woman who values her relationship with> me will refrain from cutting it. The choice is> hers.Although I really like long hair (mine was past the middle of my back until a few weeks ago when I cut it and donated it to a charity that makes wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy) you must realize that if a women cuts her hair, she is still the same person! A haircut does not change who someone is. What if your wife/girlfriend got cancer and needed chemo? Would you dump her because she had short hair? It sounds like you need a reality check!
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
First of all, I'd like to say that I doubt there are too many guys out there like David (at least I hope not) But honestly, I think most men are much more intelligent and can find beauty beyond hair. What I really want to say though,and I'm not trying to bash men, is that you are the keeper of your own body, and your opinions and what you want to do with your body is what counts. There is alot more to life than men. If you look for a man's approval in everything you do, you will end up miserable. Be YOU, do what YOU want. Maybe you should ask yourself what you think about short hair. Good luck, I'm sure your hair will look great. Amber>> Most women would not want to sleep with a> man so shallow that he can't look any further> than their hair, anyway. (In other words: NO BIG> LOSS!!!)> Although I really like long hair (mine was> past the middle of my back until a few weeks ago> when I cut it and donated it to a charity that> makes wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy)> you must realize that if a women cuts her hair,> she is still the same person! A haircut does not> change who someone is. What if your wife/girlfriend> got cancer and needed chemo? Would you dump her> because she had short hair? It sounds like you> need a reality check!
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
Dear David,Hi I am Diane and I live in Canada. I happen to have long hair to my waist but I found your message that you wouldn't hire any women or associate or date with any women that short hair very funny because in my area you would be out of business because there are so many women with short hair. I made a similar comment on another hair site and I ended up saying sorry to many men because I realized that I was being unfair to them. I like the fact that you stand up to your beliefs and you are not a wimpy type of person that goes with the wind type of thing. Anyways I had to post as I thought it was so funny.>>
Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:02am
Jade,Think of Jenna Elfman, Chalize Theron, Ashley Judd, Linda Evangelista, and Audrey Hepburn. Short hair can be sophisticated, sexy, cute, playful, or whatever you want. Long hair either just hangs there or it overwhelms your appearance. Long hair makes young girls look younger and ages older women even more. Short hair can accent the face or open it up entirely. It can expose the sexy parts of a woman like her ears and the nape of her neck. Guys who don't simply have a long hair fetish, love short hair. In fact there's nothing that gets a guys attention more than a metamorphosis from long hair to short.-Chris
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:02am
> Short hair can be sophisticated, sexy, cute, playful, or whatever you want.As can long hair.> Long hair either just hangs there or it overwhelms your appearance.This is a trite, overplayed and oversold put down.> Long hair makes young girls look younger and ages older women even more.IMHO, I feel just the opposite. I think girls with short hair look "cute," and older women with short hair as more "elderly." (Think "Golden Girls").> Short hair can accent the face...Long hair can too, absolutely!> or open it up entirely.Sorry, I don't understand this statement...> It can expose the sexy parts of a woman like her ears and the nape of her neck.These parts are clearly exposed when long hair is worn in any one of a number of up-do's.> In fact there's nothing that gets a guys attention more than a metamorphosis> from long hair to short.Yeah -- the broken-hearted look of disappointment is unmistakable.Guys that snap to attention at such a metamorphosis *may* possess a cutting fetish.
David M Squires
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:02am
Thank you Dave!!! Eloquently put.A person should wear their hair short or long because it reflects who they are inside, NOT because of some ridiculous edict handed down by others. Thats the only way to be truly happy with your hairdo.Come on Chris, only hair fetishists like long hair? By that logic only an ear and neck fetishist would want those "sexy parts" constantly exposed. Sexual attraction is a potent force, but women are more than just objects to be manipulated for the oggling they can provide.Perhaps this is just another attempt to start a bit of controversy like Davids comments? Troll alert!Best wishes to all!Dawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic