Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"head and shoulders"shampoo dangerous for your hair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer.N. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "head and shoulders"shampoo dangerous for your hair!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn people that Head and shoulder's shampoo is extremely BAD for your hair I took a cosmetician course last year and I studied hair products, We learned that men and women who use this could stand a good chance of THINNING hair, or LOSS of hair. It is extremely harsh on the hair.
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
It is dangerous also if it is mixed with other certain brands of shampoos/conditioners. My sister in law used it with Suave conditioner. Her head started itching severely,and about 3 hours later she broke out in hives all over her body. I don't remember exactly why, but she started having trouble breathing and had to be rushed to a hospital. They had to give her an I.V. and for about a month after she had to take some really heavy antibiotics. I wouldn't touch Head And Shoulders!!! Amber> Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn people> that Head and shoulder's shampoo is extremely> BAD for your hair I took a cosmetician course> last year and I studied hair products, We learned> that men and women who use this could stand a> good chance of THINNING hair, or LOSS of hair.> It is extremely harsh on the hair.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
> Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn people> that Head and shoulder's shampoo is extremely> BAD for your hair I took a cosmetician course> last year and I studied hair products, We learned> that men and women who use this could stand a> good chance of THINNING hair, or LOSS of hair.> It is extremely harsh on the hair.Yeah, I colored my boyfriends hair a year or so ago and he was using H&S and it stripped all the color out in one shampoo. Not to mention it smells so nasty that I wouldn't kiss him after he washed his hair. Thankfully he's stopped using it!-jennifer j
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
> It is dangerous also if it is mixed with> other certain brands of shampoos/conditioners.> My sister in law used it with Suave conditioner.> Her head started itching severely,and about 3> hours later she broke out in hives all over her> body. I don't remember exactly why, but she started> having trouble breathing and had to be rushed> to a hospital. They had to give her an I.V. and> for about a month after she had to take some really> heavy antibiotics. I wouldn't touch Head And Shoulders!!!That sounds like anaphlaxic shock which is actually due to an allergic reaction to the ingredients. Your whole body has an allergic reaction and your lungs and throat start swelling closed. It's VERY scary (I went through it in reaction to a medication once) and it can be fatal. However it's not a very common reaction, if a large portion of the population was allergic to an ingredient (or combination of ingredients) they would be forced to take it off the market. Some people have the same reaction to totally natural substances like strawberries or peanuts.BTW: I think she probably had to take antihistimines not antibiotics.-jennifer j
amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:58am
Thanks for the info Jennifer J, but whatever the case I've heard nothing good about Head and Shoulders. I'm glad somebody posted the negative sides of it! Amber> That sounds like anaphlaxic shock which is> actually due to an allergic reaction to the ingredients.> Your whole body has an allergic reaction and your> lungs and throat start swelling closed. It's VERY> scary (I went through it in reaction to a medication> once) and it can be fatal. However it's not a> very common reaction, if a large portion of the> population was allergic to an ingredient (or combination> of ingredients) they would be forced to take it> off the market. Some people have the same reaction> to totally natural substances like strawberries> or peanuts.> BTW: I think she probably had to take antihistimines> not antibiotics.> -jennifer j
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:59am
> Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn people> that Head and shoulder's shampoo is extremely> BAD for your hair I took a cosmetician course> last year and I studied hair products, We learned> that men and women who use this could stand a> good chance of THINNING hair, or LOSS of hair.> It is extremely harsh on the hair.Dear Jennifer N.,Hi. I just wanted to say that I have been using Head and Shoulders for years, and my hair is extremely thick; I have never experienced and hair loss or thinning of hair . So while it may be harsh on some individuals' hair, it does not have these extreme effects on everyone.Lisa :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic