Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedjust the right curl????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carebear View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just the right curl????
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:00am
Hi. I have always had long hair of sorts. Having a husband that loves long hair and all. But at the end of June I had my sister (A hairstylist) braid my brown hair and cut of a good 12 inches. I sent the braid to the "Lock of Love" in Florida. Some cherity company that makes wiggs for children that suffer from cancer. So after another 4 or more inches I came home with "above the collar" blonde hair. A shocking difference to everyone who knew me and others that didn't know it was me. The reaction of others was worth it all. I was ready for the change and love it. I have been trying all kinds of new looks. I am even trying a new look of my husbands favorite celebraty Marilyn Monroe. Ther is one classy picture of hers that I have the hair style down pat. I just can't seem to get the others. That messy big vibrant CURLY look. Does anyone know how she did it?? (or her hairdresser did it.) I have the shortness and the color. I even have the widows peak. Just can't get that wave thing.The new sassy, Carebear
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
Heya, Carebear. Congratulations on taking that plunge.I tried the jaw-length, platinum Marilyn bob for a while, but it didn't work as well on me. And all her styles require....well, styling.Norma Jean, as you may know, had naturally curly hair that she sometimes straightened. That's what gave her styles that incredible volume. I'm guessing the only way to duplicate the look on straighter hair would be with a roller set (BIG rollers). Try a wet-set with jumbo Velcro rollers and a good setting lotion. She rolled her hair /away/ from her face in general, and she wore it tousled. I'd bring the picture to my stylist and ask how /she/ would recreate it.The right cut is important, too. Marilyn's hair was layered from her cheekbones to the middle of her neck.Hope this helps a little.Ally
Carebear View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
Dear Ally, You have been a big help. Thank you for all that wonderful insite. I never new all that. Thanks Again. ***S*** : ) Carebear> Heya, Carebear. Congratulations on taking> that plunge.> I tried the jaw-length, platinum Marilyn> bob for a while, but it didn't work as well on> me. And all her styles require....well, styling.>> Norma Jean, as you may know, had naturally> curly hair that she sometimes straightened. That's> what gave her styles that incredible volume. I'm> guessing the only way to duplicate the look on> straighter hair would be with a roller set (BIG> rollers). Try a wet-set with jumbo Velcro rollers> and a good setting lotion. She rolled her hair> /away/ from her face in general, and she wore> it tousled. I'd bring the picture to my stylist> and ask how /she/ would recreate it.> The right cut is important, too. Marilyn's> hair was layered from her cheekbones to the middle> of her neck.> Hope this helps a little.> Ally>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic