Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCaring for Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caring for Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
This may seem like a stupid question for some people, but my hair is giving me a hard time to style. I keep it shoulder lengh and is thick. It has always had lots of body and easy to style. Seems like the last year it has been heavy after I wash it, and my hair gets to where the shampoo don't clean it (oily maybe). If I use a conditioner it is even worse. I blow dry and wash my hair every day. Can someone recommend a shampoo and conditioner. Someone told me about using some kind of shampoo that strips chemicals out of your hair? If so, can you recommend a brand and how often to use it. If anyone can answer these questions I'd appreciate it..
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:01am
Hi Tony,First of all...there are never any stupid questions on this site. So please feel free to ask any questions that are related to hair. All hair questions are always welcome.Hair will actually change and go through different cycles. I have discovered that sometimes I just have to switch my shampoo and conditioner for awhile just to give my hair a rest.Many professionals claim that your hair does not need a rest. Maybe not. I just know that my hair does better when I alternate products every once in awhile.So it is possible that your hair is not reacting the same to the product you have been using for a while. It may be immune to the same product and needs a change.It is also possible that your hair has accumulated some toxins from the air or possibly some other chemicals that is making your hair "act up".You may want to try a good chelating shampoo like Aveda's Detox shampoo. This removes any buildup of environmental pollutions or chemicals that may be clogging your hair and causing it to be unmanageable. If you do not want to try the Aveda, you can try other "chelator" shampoos. Because the chelating shampoo will literally strip your hair of toxins, do not ever use it more than once a month or so.The shampoo that "strips" your hair that you heard about is probably a chelating shampoo. Aveda's Detox is very good.To balance your hair and help combat the oiliness I would recommend one of the Aveda "color" shampoos which will help balance your hair and also because it is more drying, will stop the oiliness. Blue Malva or chamomile is good for blonde or white hair, black malva for brunette hair, and bixa for redheads.Another option that will help your hair is to do a cool/cold water rinse. This seals the hair cuticle and gives it more body and shine.Because you are having problems with oiliness, I would recommend that you only condition the very ends of your hair and you might try Aveda Cherry Almond Bark which gives the hair conditioning and body.I hope this helps.If you have any questions, let us know.Best wishes,Karen> This may seem like a stupid question for> some people, but my hair is giving me a hard time> to style. I keep it shoulder lengh and is thick.> It has always had lots of body and easy to style.> Seems like the last year it has been heavy after> I wash it, and my hair gets to where the shampoo> don't clean it (oily maybe). If I use a conditioner> it is even worse. I blow dry and wash my hair> every day. Can someone recommend a shampoo and> conditioner. Someone told me about using some> kind of shampoo that strips chemicals out of your> hair? If so, can you recommend a brand and how> often to use it. If anyone can answer these questions> I'd appreciate it..
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic