Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDrew Barrymore in "Ever After"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drew Barrymore in "Ever After"
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Hi, everyone.I went to see the movie "Ever After" this weekend and fell in love with the hairstyles. No one had hair shorter than to the middle of her back or that wasn't decorated with braids, jewels, and combs. I was especially delighted that Drew Barrymore had grown out that dreadful, Barbie-blonde mess she showed off at the Oscars.Then my friend Mike pointed out that she /couldn't/ have grown her hair out in a matter of months. (She also wore it short in the "The Wedding Singer.") We agreed she must have worn hair extensions to play Danielle--but we couldn't see how. Her hair looked seamless from roots to ends, even in the back.In movies like "Titanic" and "The Mask of Zorro," you can look carefully at the heroines and see how their hair was artfully arranged to conceal extensions.Does anyone know what the case was here?Ally
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Hi Ally,I know for a fact that Drew had hair extensions. I have a friend in California who gets all the hair scoops for me and this was positively confirmed. Drew's last movie was The Wedding Singer (great movie by the way) and her hair was short with a flip at the ends.Hair extensions that use human hair and are done carefully can be made to look very natural. You also have to consider that the camera and lighting can do a lot to hide things.Demi Moore had extensions for Striptease and her hair look absolutely wonderful. Yet I know for a fact that she had extensions and she mentioned it on a talk show after the movie came out.Pierce Brosnan will be wearing hair extensions for his next movie. I saw photos of him right before the extensions and then after. They talked in the article about how the people who applied his extensions were having fits because he was hard to keep in one place long enough to get the extensions put in.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-(Take care.Karen> Hi, everyone.> I went to see the movie "Ever After"> this weekend and fell in love with the hairstyles.> No one had hair shorter than to the middle of> her back or that wasn't decorated with braids,> jewels, and combs. I was especially delighted> that Drew Barrymore had grown out that dreadful,> Barbie-blonde mess she showed off at the Oscars.>> Then my friend Mike pointed out that she> /couldn't/ have grown her hair out in a matter> of months. (She also wore it short in the "The> Wedding Singer.") We agreed she must have> worn hair extensions to play Danielle--but we> couldn't see how. Her hair looked seamless from> roots to ends, even in the back.> In movies like "Titanic" and "The> Mask of Zorro," you can look carefully at> the heroines and see how their hair was artfully> arranged to conceal extensions.> Does anyone know what the case was here?>> Ally
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Sarah K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:05am
Drew looks gorgeous with longer hair but it is definitely a high quality (very expensive) weave. I also read that she wore different wigs too. A high quality wig would not show seams either.Sarah> Hi Ally,> I know for a fact that Drew had hair extensions.> I have a friend in California who gets all the> hair scoops for me and this was positively confirmed.> Drew's last movie was The Wedding Singer (great> movie by the way) and her hair was short with> a flip at the ends.> Hair extensions that use human hair and are> done carefully can be made to look very natural.> You also have to consider that the camera and> lighting can do a lot to hide things.> Demi Moore had extensions for Striptease> and her hair look absolutely wonderful. Yet I> know for a fact that she had extensions and she> mentioned it on a talk show after the movie came> out.> Pierce Brosnan will be wearing hair extensions> for his next movie. I saw photos of him right> before the extensions and then after. They talked> in the article about how the people who applied> his extensions were having fits because he was> hard to keep in one place long enough to get the> extensions put in.> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-(> Take care.> Karen
Sarah
Megan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:06am
Drew was definately wearing a wig. If you read the august issue of Seventeen it says so.> Drew looks gorgeous with longer hair but> it is definitely a high quality (very expensive)> weave. I also read that she wore different wigs> too. A high quality wig would not show seams either.>> Sarah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic