Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP! Need straight hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Need straight hair!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
Hi all. I need help with my hairstyling. I've got short black hair between fine and medium type. It's kind of wavy and I hate it! I want straight hair with some volume. EVERY morning I use Clairol hair protectant and Kerasilk conditioner ('cause it's got the frizzies, just a bit.) and blow dry it all the time. If I just let my hair dry naturally, it gets so wavy and curly that I look like a monster (a geek to be precise!)! I use a round brush to do this. This makes the hair straight, but just for a bit, and if there's the slightest humidity, or it gets even just a little wet, it curls up and looks really bad. Even with wind, it gets blown out of place and I look like I put my finger in an outlet! It's only curly at the front and top, the places where I blow dry the most, and I'm starting to thin in those places. Is there anything I can do to get the straight hair with some volume I want? I've tried hot oil treatments, special conditioners, gels, sprays, mousses, etc., but they feel like an icky weight on my hair (especially when I sweat) and they don't work well with me. Pretty much every day, I have bad hair days, so I use a cap to cover that up! Is there any way to keep my hair STRAIGHT, even on humid days (I live in Washington DC!!), or when it gets wet, just so it won't look like a cat's been playing in it? Preferably, I would like to stop blow drying and not use any chemicals, because they don't agree with me. Getting it trimmed every month works, but just for a few days. :( Any suggestions? Thanks!
Kacee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kacee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
Well, I'm no expert but I learn from experience and I have long semi wavy hair that gets really frizzy in humid conditions. Products are different for everybody. But here's what I have to say I don't think you should stop blow drying it because I read in a magazine that heat makes your hair more frizzy. I bought this Finesse Leave in Conditioner that sprays in and is for all types of hair and it doesn't have any alchohol,sodium sulfate, or ammonium that can be bad for your hair. It does have panthenol and silica which I think is supposed to be good for your hair, you can find it almost anywhere, its really cheap doesn't weigh hair down,detangles and defrizzes. it worked great on my hair I love it. Its works best when your hair is still damp after a shower and you go and spray a whole bunch on your hair and brush it in, it smells great too. I hope that this is good enough.Tell me how it turns out.> Hi all. I need help with my hairstyling.> I've got short black hair between fine and medium> type. It's kind of wavy and I hate it! I want> straight hair with some volume. EVERY morning> I use Clairol hair protectant and Kerasilk conditioner> ('cause it's got the frizzies, just a bit.) and> blow dry it all the time. If I just let my hair> dry naturally, it gets so wavy and curly that> I look like a monster (a geek to be precise!)!> I use a round brush to do this. This makes the> hair straight, but just for a bit, and if there's> the slightest humidity, or it gets even just a> little wet, it curls up and looks really bad.> Even with wind, it gets blown out of place and> I look like I put my finger in an outlet! It's> only curly at the front and top, the places where> I blow dry the most, and I'm starting to thin> in those places. Is there anything I can do to> get the straight hair with some volume I want?> I've tried hot oil treatments, special conditioners,> gels, sprays, mousses, etc., but they feel like> an icky weight on my hair (especially when I sweat)> and they don't work well with me. Pretty much> every day, I have bad hair days, so I use a cap> to cover that up! Is there any way to keep my> hair STRAIGHT, even on humid days (I live in Washington> DC!!), or when it gets wet, just so it won't look> like a cat's been playing in it? Preferably, I> would like to stop blow drying and not use any> chemicals, because they don't agree with me. Getting> it trimmed every month works, but just for a few> days. :( Any suggestions? Thanks!
Kacee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kacee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
sorry!! I meant that you SHOULD stop using the blow dryer. Sorry about that!!!!!!!!!> Well, I'm no expert but I learn from experience> and I have long semi wavy hair that gets really> frizzy in humid conditions. Products are different> for everybody. But here's what I have to say I> don't think you should stop blow drying it because> I read in a magazine that heat makes your hair> more frizzy. I bought this Finesse Leave in Conditioner> that sprays in and is for all types of hair and> it doesn't have any alchohol,sodium sulfate, or> ammonium that can be bad for your hair. It does> have panthenol and silica which I think is supposed> to be good for your hair, you can find it almost> anywhere, its really cheap doesn't weigh hair> down,detangles and defrizzes. it worked great> on my hair I love it. Its works best when your> hair is still damp after a shower and you go and> spray a whole bunch on your hair and brush it> in, it smells great too. I hope that this is good> enough.Tell me how it turns out.
Kacee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
p.s its good even if you are a man or especially a woman its gentle on your hair
Molly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:13am
Well...I used to have to fight with my hair all the time. But, I used to dye it, and bleach it, and do all sorts of stuff. But, what I do now is, during the winter, I used Thermasilk...(the stuff that works with the blowdryer heat.), because, if I don't dry my hair in the morning, it freezes on my way to school. And, during the rest of the year, I use The Really Straight Hair shampoo and conditioner. (I think they're made by Freeman.) And, of course, I stopped dying, and lightening my hair. Of course, my hair isn't, and never will be really straight, but, I think I'm as close as I'm going to get, without spending hours in the morning before I go out...Love, Molly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic