Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNature's Gate again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nature's Gate again
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:07am
Well, I have to admit I am surprised! With everyone talking about Nature's Gate lately, I finally decided I had to try it. I've been very happy with Aveda, and I wasn't planning on trying anything new, but the price difference for the conditioners convinced me to give Nature's Gate a shot. I'm not ready to commit to using it long-term, but my first experience has been fairly good.I bought the original Herbal, although I had trouble deciding, since the local health food store seems to carry everything they make! I washed and conditioned my hair with that yesterday evening, and it came out very soft and tangle-free. I don't really like the smell of the conditioner, but the shampoo smells very nice, and I can't say I like the Aveda scents either, so it's no loss there.There was one thing I really didn't like about the Nature's Gate, though. I've been using Aveda's color conditioners to brighten up my brown hair, and when I washed it with the Nature's Gate, just about all the color came right out! It was amazing - I wear glasses, and I literally can't see 2 inches in front of my face without them, but I could tell that what I was rinsing out of my hair was red. My husband was helping me wash my hair, and he noticed it too. Sure enough, when it dried, it was almost exactly back to my original color. Disappointing. I'm going to have to try the conditioner with a different shampoo, and see how that works.So there are my $0.02 on Nature's Gate so far. I'll have a better idea of what I really think of it after I've used it a few more times. I might alternate it with some of the Aveda products - I'm not willing to completely give up on the color conditioners, because I like the effect I get with them.Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic