Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBoycott Proctor & Gamble Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boycott Proctor & Gamble Products
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:08am
I have recently found out that Proctor and Gamble uses animals for cruel and unnecessary product testing.The Ivory Soap Company with their pure image has kept this dirty secret from its consumers.P & G Hair care products: Head & Shoulders, Pantene, Vidal Sasson, Cover Girl, Pert, Prell (which eats your hair anyway).I am also no longer buying these additional Proctor and Gamble Products: Ivory, Lever, Zest, Safeguard, Tide, Bold, Gain, Era and Biz Soaps, Folgers Coffee, Cascade, Luvs, Bounty, Charmin, Baby Fresh, Always, Attends, Puffs, Charmin, Scope, Crest, Fixodent, Old Spice, Clearasil, Nyquil, Vicks, Downy, Pringles, Jif, Hawaiian Punch, Sunny Delight, Bounce, Criso, Dawn Comet, Spic & Span, Joy, Sure, Secret, Cover Girl products, Oil of Olay, Noxema, Max Factor and Pepto Bismol. This product list was published in this (March/April) PETA Magazine.I did buy over two thirds of these products on a regular basis, but I will find substitutes, and I will check the labels of all the products that I buy.I urge people to support cruelty free products for the benefit of all living beings.These people hurt animals to make hair care products.Did you know that?Tiffany
Robin-Ann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin-Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Hello,I am an animal activist and I did post a similar list a few months back. Cover Girl is an exception now. Covergirl is made by Noxel (a division of protor and gamble) but they DO NOT test on animals. So we have won at least one battle! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your concern. The world needs more activists' like you and I.Robin-Ann
Jaylene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaylene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Wow!!! It wasn't until now that I noticed how much of these products I use everyday. I am against this cruelty to animals for even mice I have a soft side for. If you can. Please provide for me information on HOW they mistreat animals. But if you think of it this way. Hurting animals sometimes can be helpful to us. For example Peptol Bismol does work for me and saves me from great pain and sickness. Companies test medicines on animals. That is how they got that vaccine thing to stop aids. They ran tests on mice. See, in a way this can be good. But they need not overdo this. Is that what you're getting at??The overdoing, overmistreatment, going out of their league torturing these poor animals? We do actually need to give animals their space, stop increasing our numbers so rapidly and let the earth grow. I am against this, and I along with many did not know this. But in some ways it can be good (testing medicines) AS LONG AS THEY DON'T OVERDO IT OR TEST THINGS THAT DON'T NEED TO BE TESTED ON ANIMALS.And as you said UNNECESSARY product testing, yes, they should be stopped. Thank you very much to have read this message and I hope you find more information on this topic.Jaylene Mason> I have recently found out that Proctor and> Gamble uses animals for cruel and unnecessary> product testing.> The Ivory Soap Company with their pure image> has kept this dirty secret from its consumers.>> P & G Hair care products: Head &> Shoulders, Pantene, Vidal Sasson, Cover Girl,> Pert, Prell (which eats your hair anyway).> I am also no longer buying these additional> Proctor and Gamble Products: Ivory, Lever, Zest,> Safeguard, Tide, Bold, Gain, Era and Biz Soaps,> Folgers Coffee, Cascade, Luvs, Bounty, Charmin,> Baby Fresh, Always, Attends, Puffs, Charmin, Scope,> Crest, Fixodent, Old Spice, Clearasil, Nyquil,> Vicks, Downy, Pringles, Jif, Hawaiian Punch, Sunny> Delight, Bounce, Criso, Dawn Comet, Spic &> Span, Joy, Sure, Secret, Cover Girl products,> Oil of Olay, Noxema, Max Factor and Pepto Bismol.> This product list was published in this (March/April)> PETA Magazine.> I did buy over two thirds of these products> on a regular basis, but I will find substitutes,> and I will check the labels of all the products> that I buy.> I urge people to support cruelty free products> for the benefit of all living beings.> These people hurt animals to make hair care> products.> Did you know that?> Tiffany>
martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Hi,Thanks for this great list. I had not idea. It doesn't seem like they would need to hurt animals to test hair care products. There must be some other way. After all, Aveda doesn't test on animals and look at how great their products are.Martin> Wow!!! It wasn't until now that I noticed> how much of these products I use everyday. I am> against this cruelty to animals for even mice> I have a soft side for. If you can. Please provide> for me information on HOW they mistreat animals.> But if you think of it this way. Hurting animals> sometimes can be helpful to us. For example Peptol> Bismol does work for me and saves me from great> pain and sickness. Companies test medicines on> animals. That is how they got that vaccine thing> to stop aids. They ran tests on mice. See, in> a way this can be good. But they need not overdo> this. Is that what you're getting at??The overdoing,> overmistreatment, going out of their league torturing> these poor animals? We do actually need to give> animals their space, stop increasing our numbers> so rapidly and let the earth grow. I am against> this, and I along with many did not know this.> But in some ways it can be good (testing medicines)> AS LONG AS THEY DON'T OVERDO IT OR TEST THINGS> THAT DON'T NEED TO BE TESTED ON ANIMALS.And as> you said UNNECESSARY product testing, yes, they> should be stopped. Thank you very much to have> read this message and I hope you find more information> on this topic.> Jaylene Mason
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic