Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSorry I colored

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorry I colored
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
I am 33 years old and have waist long straight hair. About one year ago as I was getting fat with my 3rd child I thought a little color in my hair would be nice. I am so sorry I did it how can I make it go away. I used Clairol's Summer Blonde and have used it since only on the roots, never reapplied to ends. I want to stop, can you tell me how, also can you tell me what I can do to make my hair grow faster, thicker?
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:09am
Hi! I can relate to your hair woes. Been there, done that! The most important thing is that you get yourself to a really good professional colorist and let her take it from there. She will probably want to use a filler to even out the porosity in your hair, and then use a color that matches your roots. You did not mention how many shades lighter than your natural hair you went. But going back to your natural color does not have to be boring. When your colorist takes your hair back, have her put in a few highlights. I have never believed that there is a way to make your hair grow faster but there are a few things you can do to make sure it is growing your own best rate. First and foremost, one must consider nutrition. You need to eat good healthy food in a nutritionally balanced diet. Getting the right vitamins and minerals (A, B's, E, Zinc, iron, calcium, etc.) is going to help your hair grow. Also drink lots of water, and get a little exercise to get your circulation going. This will make your skin look its best too. Get regular trims to get rid of split ends, and treat your hair (and yourself, for that matter) gently. Deep condition at least once a week, and use good hair care products every time you wash. I am 34 and don't want to get grey yet so I have to color my hair. Coloring is not the worst thing you can do to your hair, but you have to know that if you do, it needs extra care and pampering. Beware of "volumizing products" as they tend to be very alkaline and open up the hair shaft. Stick with products designed to smooth and moisturize your hair. Keep us posted!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic