Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTrims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trims
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
It's been two months since my last trim, and I don't have a single split end. Can I put off my next trim, or will I risk the wrath of the Healthy Hair Gods?Allergic to scissors, Ally
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
Hi Ally,IMHO, more than two months is not an excessively long time to go between trims.I won't suggest that you consider trying my between-trim period, but... I get my hair trimmed only about twice a year. And not because the ends are split, but because I want to fine tune the shape.By all means, if your hair is healthy and free of split ends, you can delay your next scheduled trim without incurring the wrath of the "Healthy Hair Gods!" I promise they will continue to look favorably upon you and will be patient with you until you feel that the time is right for you to trim your hair again! :-)Allergic not to scissors but to exhortations to cut,Dave
David M Squires
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:11am
> It's been two months since my last trim,> and I don't have a single split end. Can I put> off my next trim, or will I risk the wrath of> the Healthy Hair Gods?> Allergic to scissors, AllyWhether or not to put off your next trim depends on why you trim. If you trim to deal with split ends, go ahead and put it off - just keep an eye on your hair for splits (as you are obviously doing already). A few times a week, I or my husband spend a few minutes trimming individual split ends from my hair, so I don't get overall trims very often. It's been a little over 3 months since my last one, and I'm probably going to wait another 3 weeks or so.If you trim to deal with the thickness and shape of the very ends of your hair, you may want to go ahead and get a trim anyway, even without the split ends. That's why I'm going to have a trim in a few weeks - to fuss with the shape of my ends just a tiny bit.Whenever you do decide to have a trim, make sure you go to someone you can trust to do exactly what you want. Good luck!Laura Jane lswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Stephen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:15am
I find it intriguing why you are scissor shy? Do you know? Have you had an unfortunate experience once? Think about it and share it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic