Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMore stuff on essential fatty acids for hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More stuff on essential fatty acids for hair.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:12am
Okay, I just went out and dug my Self mag out of the recycle pile and found the article on EFA's. Apparently the oils that contain them are Corn, Safflower, Sesame and Soybean. So, would it be better to use corn oil or sesame before a shampoo instead of olive oil? Or do these not rinse out as well as olive oil? I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
belinda View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:12am
Hi, Gigi. I've used olive oil for years. I generally keep it on 30 min. to an hour depending on how much time I have. It's a wonderful conditioner. Also, I've used a mixture of oils called "African ??" I'd have to check the name but I found it at Walmart in the area where they sell hair care products specifically for African-American hair. It's got olive oil, safflower oil, jojoba, etc. in it. It's only about $3 or $4 a bottle and it works great!> Okay, I just went out and dug my Self mag> out of the recycle pile and found the article> on EFA's. Apparently the oils that contain them> are Corn, Safflower, Sesame and Soybean. So, would> it be better to use corn oil or sesame before> a shampoo instead of olive oil? Or do these not> rinse out as well as olive oil? I am wondering> if anyone has any experience with this.
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:12am
Thanks Belinda, that is a great idea. I also heard from Jade who said that she loves Jojoba oil. I guess we need an expert's input here. If you use an oil with Essential Fatty Acids do those actually penetrate the hair shaft and do some good? Or do EFA's only benefit you if you eat them? Does anyone know this?
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:13am
Hi all,I take EFAs every morning and evening. It does help my hair but I believe it is working from the inside. I do not think it would help from the outside, although I have tried hot oil treatments using some of the oils that are EFA.I did not notice much difference and decided olive worked the best for my hair. I do notice that EFAs help keep my skin soft and I know it helps for other things.So my opinion...it works from the inside and not on the hair.Where is Laura Jane when we need her? :-)Karen> Thanks Belinda, that is a great idea. I also> heard from Jade who said that she loves Jojoba> oil. I guess we need an expert's input here. If> you use an oil with Essential Fatty Acids do those> actually penetrate the hair shaft and do some> good? Or do EFA's only benefit you if you eat> them? Does anyone know this?>
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic