Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSplit-ends...Help Me!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split-ends...Help Me!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:13am
My hair is very shiny, soft and healthy-looking...then why do I have so many split-ends? I do trim my hair regularly, but my hair keeps breaking! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:13am
Hi,Here are some questions to think about...1. Do you ever brush your hair when it is wet? 2. Do you detangle your hair before you shampoo? 3. Do you pile your hair up on your head when you apply shampoo? 4. Do you use a comb or brush with "sharp" teeth? 5. Do you use hot rollers or a curling iron? 6. Do you use chemcials on your hair? (Perms, color, straigheners) 7. Do you use hot water on your hair when you shampoo? 8. Do you use any hair care products with alchol in them? 9. Do you back comb your hair? 10. Do you spend time in the sun or swimming?If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be could be more prone to split ends. The ends of the hair is the most fragile part. You have to treat the ends like fine lace or silk and be very careful with it.If you answered yes to any of the above questions, alter your hair behavior and you should see a differrence.Best wishes,Karen> My hair is very shiny, soft and healthy-looking...then> why do I have so many split-ends? I do trim my> hair regularly, but my hair keeps breaking! Any> help would be greatly appreciated!
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:13am
> Hi,> Here are some questions to think about...>> 1. Do you ever brush your hair when it is> wet? 2. Do you detangle your hair before you shampoo?> 3. Do you pile your hair up on your head when> you apply shampoo? 4. Do you use a comb or brush> with "sharp" teeth? 5. Do you use hot> rollers or a curling iron? 6. Do you use chemcials> on your hair? (Perms, color, straigheners) 7.> Do you use hot water on your hair when you shampoo?> 8. Do you use any hair care products with alchol> in them? 9. Do you back comb your hair? 10. Do> you spend time in the sun or swimming?> If you answered yes to any of these questions,> you could be could be more prone to split ends.> The ends of the hair is the most fragile part.> You have to treat the ends like fine lace or silk> and be very careful with it.> If you answered yes to any of the above questions,> alter your hair behavior and you should see a> differrence.> Best wishes,> KarenHello KarenMy answer is "no" to all of the above but #2(yes, I detangle before I shampoo), except that I wash my hair with water just warm enough to keep from getting chilled, and I am outside quite a lot during the summer, but my hair is always braided or kept in a bun. Also, I forgot to mention my hair is very fine, and we have very hard water(water damage maybe?)so I always do a cold water rinse(don't know if this helps or not).Thanks, Julie
Sherri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
Plase help me I have 5 days untill I go back to school and I want my Straightener out of my hair. It's coming out but not fast enough for me. I'm blk and wht my hair is very curly and I wanted to know is there anything I can do to get this out faster. My hair looks weird right now,it's curly at the roots and straight at the ends please.
Sherri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic