Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need help I got 5 days

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help I got 5 days
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
Please help I got 5 days to get my straightener out. I'm half white and half black I have very,very natural curly hair. I got a straightener My hair looks wierd now it's curly at the roots and straight at the ends......I want the whole perm out! please help
Sherri
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
Hi Sherri...You are going to hate my answer. The only really safe way (for your hair) to eliminate the straightened part of the hair is to cut the straightened part of the hair off.Yes....you can apply a curly perm to the straightened hair, but your hair may sustain damage if you perm over a straightening treatment.I would not recommend applying a chemical process on top of hair that has already been chemcially treated. Especially very curly hair which tends to be...as a rule....quite fragile.You might want to consult with an expert in your area to determine what condition your hair is in and whether or not it would be safe to perm over the straightened part.Your third option is to wear your hair pinned up. I suspect that would not help you much.I hope that helped a little.Best wishes,Karen> Please help I got 5 days to get my straightener> out. I'm half white and half black I have very,very> natural curly hair. I got a straightener My hair> looks wierd now it's curly at the roots and straight> at the ends......I want the whole perm out! please> help
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Marsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
Dear Sherri,I have gotten relaxers in the past and I know that if your hair is very healthy when you go to get it straightened, then chnaces are that the perm didn't take. This may be true in your case especially since you said the roots are still curly. Try using a clarifying shampoo then applying a conditioner and letting your hair air dry. It should regain its curly form. The hair may not be as curly as you remember, but it should be curly none-the-less. Please let me know if this helps. I have the same type of hair as you do. I used to get relaxers, but since then, I have grown them out and cut it off at the shoulder. It is very difficult to deal with my hair this length. I was aondering if you could let me know what kind of hair products you use and how they help.-------Marsha :-)> Please help I got 5 days to get my straightener> out. I'm half white and half black I have very,very> natural curly hair. I got a straightener My hair> looks wierd now it's curly at the roots and straight> at the ends......I want the whole perm out! please> help
Marsha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic