Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Karen regarding something you said in an earlier post....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo Karen regarding something you said in an earlier post....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Karen regarding something you said in an earlier post....
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
Hi Karen!!! Thanks for the new scoop on Pamela Lee's hair! I was wondering however, 2 things in conjunction with the news you have learned: 1) How long do you leave the bleach on your hair to achieve the color she has? (or in this case- lack of color!) 2) Is this bleach put on over the entire head? (is every strand of hair bleached and does the bleach get placed down all the way to the scalp?)
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:17am
Hi,I called my hairstylist back to ask about this. She said that when someone uses bleach to lift all the color, they would leave the bleach on as long as it takes to lift the color. How long depends on how dark the color is. Her guess...and this is just a guess....was that Pamela's hair is fairly dark and so they probably would have the bleach on for at least 40 minutes. Maybe longer. It would depend on the base color.This is not an easy thing to really guess with total accuracy but it can be a close approximation.To get the same white blonde color bleach would be applied to lift all existing color and then left on until all the color was completely removed leaving a white hair in the process.Also, the first time someone would do this, the bleach would be applied all over the head from the roots to the ends. However, for touchups, the bleach would only be applied to the roots.Jean Harlow used to have her hair bleached and I read once that she had to have her roots touched up every couple of days to prevent any dark roots from showing at all.I imagine that Pamela only has her roots touched up. To apply bleach on the entire hair after it has already been bleached could potentially really damage the hair.Hope that helps.Karen> Hi Karen!!! Thanks for the new scoop on Pamela> Lee's hair! I was wondering however, 2 things> in conjunction with the news you have learned:> 1) How long do you leave the bleach on your hair> to achieve the color she has? (or in this case-> lack of color!) 2) Is this bleach put on over> the entire head? (is every strand of hair bleached> and does the bleach get placed down all the way> to the scalp?)
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic