Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsit on hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tommi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sit on hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
My hair reaches to my buttocks. I love to sit on it, but I'm not sure if it can damage when I sit on it. Have other women made any experience of it? Tommi
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
Tommi,You should try not to sit on your hair. The friction between you and the chair can cause tangles, and cause the fragile ends to break and split. It can also get caught in the chair cushions, or any cracks in the chair seat. It has become second nature to me to move my hair to the side and front when I sit down. I just tilt my head forward and to the side as I sit and all the hair falls in front of me. I don't even have to use my hands anymore. Now the only problem I face is keeping my hair out from underneath the wheels of my office chair.Take care, Noreen
Leslie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:16am
> My hair reaches to my buttocks. I love to> sit on it, but I'm not sure if it can damage when> I sit on it. Have other women made any experience> of it? TommiHi Tommi JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHY DO YOU LIKE TO SIT ON YOUR HAIR?LESLIE
RunningWild View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningWild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:18am
Wow, I've never had the hair-caught-under-the-wheels thing go on! I've gotten it caught in doors, car windows, other people's (and my own) clothing and eyes, I started braiding it all the time because it went so many places. Now it only bugs me when I'm bending over, doing something. Like when I worked on the survey team, I nearly painted my braid fluorescent orange one day, trying to paint numbers on the highway. I've also learned to tilt and sit or I have a large hair entity between my shoulder blades. Uncomforable while typing or driving! I guess you put me into memory lane, here. Later RunningWild> Tommi,> You should try not to sit on your hair. The> friction between you and the chair can cause tangles,> and cause the fragile ends to break and split.> It can also get caught in the chair cushions,> or any cracks in the chair seat. It has become> second nature to me to move my hair to the side> and front when I sit down. I just tilt my head> forward and to the side as I sit and all the hair> falls in front of me. I don't even have to use> my hands anymore. Now the only problem I face> is keeping my hair out from underneath the wheels> of my office chair.> Take care, Noreen>
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:18am
I can't believe I missed this thread before! Noreen is quite right Tommi, I would agree that sitting on your hair can be rather damaging not to mention a real pain in the neck. I second Leslie's comment, why would you like to do this? Getting your hair caught behind you yanks your neck into some very awkward positions. I never sit down without flipping it into my lap first just as Noreen described, it becomes second nature after a while. I love Running Wilds post! I rarely go out in public with my hair loose, it would be a mess by the time I got home and besides you can't bend over to pick up something from a store shelf without it ending up on the yucky floor. I'm always tucking my braid into a shirt pocket to prevent that from happening. Especially in public restrooms!!Curious to hear your response too, Tommi.Best wishes to all!DawnP.S. Hey Noreen, have you seen the Cindy Christian video stuff on another hair site? Especially the one where she's getting into her car and her hair is laying on the garage floor? Would you let your hair get that long? If you did would you leave it loose like that? Just curious.
Ruth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
> I can't believe I missed this thread before!> Noreen is quite right Tommi, I would agree that> sitting on your hair can be rather damaging not> to mention a real pain in the neck. I second Leslie's> comment, why would you like to do this? Getting> your hair caught behind you yanks your neck into> some very awkward positions. I never sit down> without flipping it into my lap first just as> Noreen described, it becomes second nature after> a while. I love Running Wilds post! I rarely go> out in public with my hair loose, it would be> a mess by the time I got home and besides you> can't bend over to pick up something from a store> shelf without it ending up on the yucky floor.> I'm always tucking my braid into a shirt pocket> to prevent that from happening. Especially in> public restrooms!!> Curious to hear your response too, Tommi.>> Best wishes to all!> Dawn> P.S. Hey Noreen, have you seen the Cindy> Christian video stuff on another hair site? Especially> the one where she's getting into her car and her> hair is laying on the garage floor? Would you> let your hair get that long? If you did would> you leave it loose like that? Just curious.Hi DawnJust wondering...how long is your hair? It must be pretty long to touch the floor when you bend over to pick something up! Mine's nearly 3 ft. and it still doesn't do that!Ruth
RunningWild View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningWild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
I'm also curious about you wanting to sit on your hair, but I have an idea. My mom told me she had hair so long when she was a girl (in the late 40s) that she could sit on the braids.Now I gotta say, I want my hair that long, too, but partly to get it as long as Mom's was, not to sit on it per se. (Oo, braids would be bumpy to sit on!)Is this where you're coming from? RunningWild
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Hey Ruth!Well, when I'm wearing shorts I can feel my hair brushing the middle of my calf. I usually keep it corralled most of the time with a braid or hair ties and when its really hot I put it all up with hair sticks. But yea, it will swing into the way pretty easily if I don't keep a grip on it. I've never really measured its length, maybe I will sometime.Sounds like your have a pretty healthy length of hair too!Best wishes to all!Dawn
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:19am
Hi Dawn,I haven't seen the video clip, but I have seen vidcaps of it before. I haven't decided if and when I will stop my hair growth, but if I did let it get that long, the last place I would let it drag would be on a garage floor:-) But I do wear my hair loose most of the time right now. I have just learned to be very concious of where my hair is at all times and I try to avoid getting into hair dangerous situations. Though I do have a floor fan that seems to want to suck in my hair no matter how far away from it I am. I call it the beast.How about you? Would you let your hair get that long? I would love to see it.Take care, Noreen> I can't believe I missed this thread before!> Noreen is quite right Tommi, I would agree that> sitting on your hair can be rather damaging not> to mention a real pain in the neck. I second Leslie's> comment, why would you like to do this? Getting> your hair caught behind you yanks your neck into> some very awkward positions. I never sit down> without flipping it into my lap first just as> Noreen described, it becomes second nature after> a while. I love Running Wilds post! I rarely go> out in public with my hair loose, it would be> a mess by the time I got home and besides you> can't bend over to pick up something from a store> shelf without it ending up on the yucky floor.> I'm always tucking my braid into a shirt pocket> to prevent that from happening. Especially in> public restrooms!!> Curious to hear your response too, Tommi.>> Best wishes to all!> Dawn> P.S. Hey Noreen, have you seen the Cindy> Christian video stuff on another hair site? Especially> the one where she's getting into her car and her> hair is laying on the garage floor? Would you> let your hair get that long? If you did would> you leave it loose like that? Just curious.
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:20am
I don't know, Noreen, hair past the feet may actually be my limit. If mine will get that long I might let it, but I would definately wrap it or braid it or somehow shorten the length so it didn't drag. Even now, I rarely let it hang loose like if I'm out and about town simply because it gets too tangled especially up against my neck in the back when I'm wearing coats and such. I braid it, or wrap it with a leather band or use about 8 or 10 hairties down the length of it. That saves a lot of brushing time when I do let it down which is usually just when I'm at home.It will be fun to see if you ever do reach your limit, your hair is way thicker and more dramatic than even Cindy Christians!Take care! Good to hear from you!Best wishes to all!Dawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic