Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood and Bad Hair Foods :- TO KAREN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good and Bad Hair Foods :- TO KAREN
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:21am
Hi Karen,I was wondering whether you did get the chance to find the post.ThanksDee
Dee
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:21am
Dee,Here is the good & bad foods post that I made to Robin-Ann (Jenna). I found it...but it was a long search. :-)***********************************************************8 Posted by Karen Shelton on Wednesday, 1 July 1998, at 11:37 p.m., in response to Re: Veggies and Fruits, posted by Robin-Ann on Wednesday, 1 July 1998, at 10:34 a.m.Hi Robin-AnnHere is my findings. I am going to type up everything and put this in the Tips & Articles section with a special thanks to you for getting me motivated to write all of this information down. :-)Unhealthy Hair Foods Foods such as sugar, tropical fruits, chocolate, nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, green peppers), spices, chemical additives (e.g. nutri-sweet) and soft drinks have been conclusively proven to definitely weaken the hair. Why? Well the keratine's crystalline molecules inside the hair starts to melt under the pressure of a diet heavy in these foods.Foods rich in A and B complex will help your hair. Also Vitamin C. Calcium is also important for many different reasons. Ultimately calcium helps strenghten the hair.Vitamin A If you are deficient in A your may experience a thickening of the scap and very dry hair and possibly dandruff. Foods that are heavy in A are carrots, winter squash, rutababs, all yellow and orange veggies, broccoli, kale and dark leafy veggies. Nori (my favorite) is wonderful for providing A vitamins to the hair.Vitamin B A deficiency in B vitamins will cause oily hair, dandruff, premature gray, baldness. Foods that are loaded with B are whole grains, brown rice, millet, barley, whole wheat and sea veggies.Vitamin C A deficiency in C vitamins will make the hair lifeless and dry. Foods that have a good souce of Vitamin C include broccoli, oranges, lemons, strawberries, cauliflower, cherries, potatoes and papayas.Calcium If you are deficient in calcium you may experience lack of collegen or connective tissue formation. You can have lifeless, limp hair. It may break off and not grow.Calcium Foods: Leafy green veggies, beans and bean products such as tofu and tempeh. Also good is Miso and sea veggies, seeds, nuts, fish & seafood.Diet For Healthy Hair Eat a diet of whole foods if you are vegetarina and eat organic meats (and fowl for protein if you are a meat-eater. Fish is especiall good. If you don't want to eat fish, take essential fatty acids (EFAs).Some other beneficial hair foods include: onions, garlic, egg yolks (just the yolks, mustard greens, alfalfa, raw greens, carrots, seafoods, sea vegetables (e.g. Nori, Kelp, seeds, whole grains, wheatgerm, apple cider vinegar.Kelp tables (6-8) per day are very helpful for the thyroid which is related to hair growth.A glass of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey with meals is also excellent. It remineralizes and aides assimilation of viatmins, minerals and other nutrients.One last thing...carbonated beverages like soft drinks are definitely very bad for the hair.Special Note: Spencer David Kobren told me in our interview that he discovered that the Zone Diet is excellent for optimal hair growth because it is very low in sugar and fats which are not great for growing healthy hair.Hope this helps. :-)Karen> Hi Karen,> I was wondering whether you did get the chance> to find the post.> Thanks> Dee
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:22am
Thank you Karen...I appreciate the info.Sara> Dee,> Here is the good & bad foods post that> I made to Robin-Ann (Jenna). I found it...but> it was a long search. :-)> ***********************************************************8> Posted by Karen Shelton on Wednesday, 1 July 1998,> at 11:37 p.m., in response to Re: Veggies and> Fruits, posted by Robin-Ann on Wednesday, 1 July> 1998, at 10:34 a.m.> Hi Robin-Ann> Here is my findings. I am going to type up> everything and put this in the Tips & Articles> section with a special thanks to you for getting> me motivated to write all of this information> down. :-)> Unhealthy Hair Foods Foods such as sugar,> tropical fruits, chocolate, nightshade vegetables> (tomatoes, green peppers), spices, chemical additives> (e.g. nutri-sweet) and soft drinks have been conclusively> proven to definitely weaken the hair. Why? Well> the keratine's crystalline molecules inside the> hair starts to melt under the pressure of a diet> heavy in these foods.> Foods rich in A and B complex will help your> hair. Also Vitamin C. Calcium is also important> for many different reasons. Ultimately calcium> helps strenghten the hair.> Vitamin A If you are deficient in A your> may experience a thickening of the scap and very> dry hair and possibly dandruff. Foods that are> heavy in A are carrots, winter squash, rutababs,> all yellow and orange veggies, broccoli, kale> and dark leafy veggies. Nori (my favorite) is> wonderful for providing A vitamins to the hair.>> Vitamin B A deficiency in B vitamins will> cause oily hair, dandruff, premature gray, baldness.> Foods that are loaded with B are whole grains,> brown rice, millet, barley, whole wheat and sea> veggies.> Vitamin C A deficiency in C vitamins will> make the hair lifeless and dry. Foods that have> a good souce of Vitamin C include broccoli, oranges,> lemons, strawberries, cauliflower, cherries, potatoes> and papayas.> Calcium If you are deficient in calcium you> may experience lack of collegen or connective> tissue formation. You can have lifeless, limp> hair. It may break off and not grow.> Calcium Foods: Leafy green veggies, beans> and bean products such as tofu and tempeh. Also> good is Miso and sea veggies, seeds, nuts, fish> & seafood.> Diet For Healthy Hair Eat a diet of whole> foods if you are vegetarina and eat organic meats> (and fowl for protein if you are a meat-eater.> Fish is especiall good. If you don't want to eat> fish, take essential fatty acids (EFAs).> Some other beneficial hair foods include:> onions, garlic, egg yolks (just the yolks, mustard> greens, alfalfa, raw greens, carrots, seafoods,> sea vegetables (e.g. Nori, Kelp, seeds, whole> grains, wheatgerm, apple cider vinegar.> Kelp tables (6-8) per day are very helpful> for the thyroid which is related to hair growth.>> A glass of water with a teaspoon of apple> cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey with meals> is also excellent. It remineralizes and aides> assimilation of viatmins, minerals and other nutrients.>> One last thing...carbonated beverages like> soft drinks are definitely very bad for the hair.>> Special Note: Spencer David Kobren told me> in our interview that he discovered that the Zone> Diet is excellent for optimal hair growth because> it is very low in sugar and fats which are not> great for growing healthy hair.> Hope this helps. :-)> Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic