Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother Funny Hair Story - For Diane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Funny Hair Story - For Diane
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
Hi Diane,I was telling several people the stories that had been posted in the last few days as a result of your topic which was so great....about funny hair stories.One friend of mine told me another funny hair story.Here it is...her name is Pam..and she does not have Internet access on her PC...so she asked me to post it for her:About 2 years ago she was having dinner at a BBQ place here in Dallas and was sitting in a booth next to her boyfriend. A family with about 4 small kids were sitting in the booth right behind Pam and Terry.Two of the kids were crying and Pam was trying to just block the noise out and did not notice that one of the kids was touching the back of her hair (which was hanging over the back of the booth) with his gooey, messy BBQ sloppy hands and fingers.When Pam got up to go to the restroom, her hair was stuck to the back of the booth by gooey BBQ sauce. She pried it loose but it was all glooped together and in clumps of red mess.The little boy started to cry when she got up to use the restroom because he couldn't glop stuff on her hair.I am surprised she didn't feel it, but she swears she didn't.How does that rank on your funnyhair-o-meter?Karen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
> Hi Diane,> I was telling several people the stories that had been> posted in the last few days as a result of your topic> which was so great....about funny hair stories.> One friend of mine told me another funny hair story.> Here it is...her name is Pam..and she does not have> Internet access on her PC...so she asked me to post it> for her:> About 2 years ago she was having dinner at a BBQ place> here in Dallas and was sitting in a booth next to her> boyfriend. A family with about 4 small kids were> sitting in the booth right behind Pam and Terry.> Two of the kids were crying and Pam was trying to just> block the noise out and did not notice that one of the> kids was touching the back of her hair (which was> hanging over the back of the booth) with his gooey,> messy BBQ sloppy hands and fingers.> When Pam got up to go to the restroom, her hair was> stuck to the back of the booth by gooey BBQ sauce. She> pried it loose but it was all glooped together and in> clumps of red mess.> The little boy started to cry when she got up to use> the restroom because he couldn't glop stuff on her> hair.> I am surprised she didn't feel it, but she swears she> didn't.> How does that rank on your funnyhair-o-meter?> KarenHello Karen,I woud guess this little boy will grow up to to a stylist puting all kinds of stuffs on hair! Laughing
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
Oh my gosh! What did his parents say? You'd think they would have seen him doing it! Relating to food,I got a bit of my long hair caught in the hand mixer! Ouch! I had forgotten how long my hair was (and that I should keep it back fromsmall electrical appliances!) :-) When it was shorter I never had to worry about that.
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
> Oh my gosh! What did his parents say? You'd think they> would have seen him doing it! Relating to food,> I got a bit of my long hair caught in the hand mixer!> Ouch! I had forgotten how long my hair was (and that I> should keep it back from> small electrical appliances!) :-) When it was shorter> I never had to worry about that.Dear JM,Were you trying to add flavor to the recipe?laughingDiane
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:23am
Pam told me the little boy started screaming when she got up..she guesses because he couldn't play in her hair anymore. Anyway..at first the parents didn't connect the fact that he had just glooped BBQ sauce all over her hair. Once they did she said they apologized and acted very embarrassed. She and her guy left right after that because she was anxious to go home and wash her hair. :-)I really laughed hard at this one. I have done some lamebrain things with my hair (once I got it caught in a rack of keychains at the front of a Borders bookstore RIGHT at the checkout where everyone was watching me) but I have always avoided sticky fingers and hands like the plaque. :-)Now that I have heard this story I am never sitting in a booth with my back to anyone. :-0Karen> Oh my gosh! What did his parents say? You'd think they> would have seen him doing it! Relating to food,> I got a bit of my long hair caught in the hand mixer!> Ouch! I had forgotten how long my hair was (and that I> should keep it back from> small electrical appliances!) :-) When it was shorter> I never had to worry about that.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Hi Everybody!I decided to awaken from my deep slumber and post once again to Hair Talk......Gee, where shall I start?Jeff and Karen -- I love the new format of Hair Talk. It is faster. Thank youfor making this happen!Tamara -- great story. I know what it's like to grow your hair long against thewishes of your parents. And yes, your hair is beautiful!Diane and others -- I have been laughing so hard at all of the hair "horror stories"but with compassion, of course, for those who have suffered unfortunately (Tamara,et. al.)I have been pretty fortunate to have avoided major catastrophes. My biggest problemalong these lines are with certain chairs (wicker), and those tiny gaps betweensubway seats and even elevator panels, all of which like to occasionally grab aholdof a hair or two and yank them out when I stand up or move away. Ouch!Great topic. Thanks to everybody who posted. I'm still grinning after having laughedover the stories.Dave
David M Squires
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Hi Dave...So good to see you here. We missed you.I agree. This is a great topic. Sometimes the world gets just too serious.Thanks for the compliments on the new Hair Talk.Hugs,Karen> Hi Everybody!> I decided to awaken from my deep slumber and post once> again to Hair Talk......> Gee, where shall I start?> Jeff and Karen -- I love the new format of Hair Talk.> It is faster. Thank you> for making this happen!> Tamara -- great story. I know what it's like to grow> your hair long against the> wishes of your parents. And yes, your hair is> beautiful!> Diane and others -- I have been laughing so hard at> all of the hair "horror stories"> but with compassion, of course, for those who have> suffered unfortunately (Tamara,> et. al.)> I have been pretty fortunate to have avoided major> catastrophes. My biggest problem> along these lines are with certain chairs (wicker),> and those tiny gaps between> subway seats and even elevator panels, all of which> like to occasionally grab ahold> of a hair or two and yank them out when I stand up or> move away. Ouch!> Great topic. Thanks to everybody who posted. I'm still> grinning after having laughed> over the stories.> Dave
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
> Hi Everybody!> I decided to awaken from my deep slumber and post once> again to Hair Talk......> Gee, where shall I start?> Jeff and Karen -- I love the new format of Hair Talk.> It is faster. Thank you> for making this happen!> Tamara -- great story. I know what it's like to grow> your hair long against the> wishes of your parents. And yes, your hair is> beautiful!Hello Dave,So I gathered that you are ordering some wicker furniture for your place. After all it would keep you awake or on your toes.LaughingDiane> Diane and others -- I have been laughing so hard at> all of the hair "horror stories"> but with compassion, of course, for those who have> suffered unfortunately (Tamara,> et. al.)> I have been pretty fortunate to have avoided major> catastrophes. My biggest problem> along these lines are with certain chairs (wicker),> and those tiny gaps between> subway seats and even elevator panels, all of which> like to occasionally grab ahold> of a hair or two and yank them out when I stand up or> move away. Ouch!> Great topic. Thanks to everybody who posted. I'm still> grinning after having laughed> over the stories.> Dave
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Hi Diane,Having wicker furniture would probably make me go bald...... no thank you, I don'twish to speed up that process! I also don't enjoy having my hairs pulled out oneat a time! :-)I have learned to be careful about new (different) chair backs.... as I guess Karenhas, too! (sorry Karen, but your story was soooo funny!)Dave
David M Squires
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
> Hi Diane,> Having wicker furniture would probably make me go> bald...... no thank you, I don't> wish to speed up that process! I also don't enjoy> having my hairs pulled out one> at a time! :-)> I have learned to be careful about new (different)> chair backs.... as I guess Karen> has, too! (sorry Karen, but your story was soooo> funny!)> DaveOkay okay I am laughing. I think if you really really wanted to torture yourself or had nothing better to do in life you might go down that road. For some reason I really don't think you would be that bored etc.Those manufacturer's should have a paper glued to the wicker to warn of the dangers. I think it would be a reasonable requestThe sticker would read something like:.: Back off long hair this is to wild for you to sit on. It appears safe but its a torturing device for long hair. So if you wish , make you day and buy me.What do you think? laughing.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
Cute Diane! very funny... :-)
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic