Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFunny Stories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny Stories
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Hi Everybody!These funny stories have been great. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed them. Great topic, Diane! I have tow of my own that I would like to share. I will try to keep them short. I didn't actually see these things happen because they happened behind me, but I got to see the aftermath, and my husband filled me in on the details.The first one happened when we lived in GA. We had gone out to eat at a near by restaurant. My husband always makes me sit with my back to the entrance (he likes to watch people and their reactions to my hair)and this night was no different. During dinner, a group of people came in and were waiting to be seated. A lady in the group noticed my hair and pointed me out to one of her friends. Her friend turned around and for dramitic effect pretended to fall with astonishment. Only, she lost her balance and really almost fell. It was her friend that caught her, but not before she knocked off some flyers that were lying on the counter.The second one also involves falling. When we lived in GA, we very rarely got to see the ocean. So when a few months after returning to NH, a hurricane was due to pass close to us, we decided to go to the beach and watch the waves for a while. After parking the car and walking to the beach my husband decided that an ice cream would be nice. So I went and got into line while he parked himself on a bench. There is a paved area between the ice cream stand and the sand, about half the width of a small street. People were walking and rollerblading on the pavement. Anyway this one young kid was rolling down the pavement and noticed my hair. He stopped watching where he was going and almost ran into a couple that were strolling and holding hands. He looked back just in time to try to avoid them. Unfortunately, he turned into the wrong direction and right into the sand. As soon as his blades hit the sand he came to a complete stop and fell face first into the sand. Don't worry, he didn't get hurt at all and we all had a good laugh.Take care,Noreen
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
Hi Noreen,Thanks so much for the stories. They were great. You know what...the first time I saw your hair I just sat there and stared. So I can understand people having that reaction to your hair. It is truely amazing.You are right...these stories have been really great.Karen> Hi Everybody!> These funny stories have been great. I can't tell you> how much I have enjoyed them. Great topic, Diane! I> have tow of my own that I would like to share. I will> try to keep them short. I didn't actually see these> things happen because they happened behind me, but I> got to see the aftermath, and my husband filled me in> on the details.> The first one happened when we lived in GA. We had> gone out to eat at a near by restaurant. My husband> always makes me sit with my back to the entrance (he> likes to watch people and their reactions to my> hair)and this night was no different. During dinner, a> group of people came in and were waiting to be seated.> A lady in the group noticed my hair and pointed me out> to one of her friends. Her friend turned around and> for dramitic effect pretended to fall with> astonishment. Only, she lost her balance and really> almost fell. It was her friend that caught her, but> not before she knocked off some flyers that were lying> on the counter.> The second one also involves falling. When we lived in> GA, we very rarely got to see the ocean. So when a few> months after returning to NH, a hurricane was due to> pass close to us, we decided to go to the beach and> watch the waves for a while. After parking the car and> walking to the beach my husband decided that an ice> cream would be nice. So I went and got into line while> he parked himself on a bench. There is a paved area> between the ice cream stand and the sand, about half> the width of a small street. People were walking and> rollerblading on the pavement. Anyway this one young> kid was rolling down the pavement and noticed my hair.> He stopped watching where he was going and almost ran> into a couple that were strolling and holding hands.> He looked back just in time to try to avoid them.> Unfortunately, he turned into the wrong direction and> right into the sand. As soon as his blades hit the> sand he came to a complete stop and fell face first> into the sand. Don't worry, he didn't get hurt at all> and we all had a good laugh.> Take care,> Noreen
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:24am
> Hi Everybody!> These funny stories have been great. I can't tell you> how much I have enjoyed them. Great topic, Diane! I> have tow of my own that I would like to share. I will> try to keep them short. I didn't actually see these> things happen because they happened behind me, but I> got to see the aftermath, and my husband filled me in> on the details.> The first one happened when we lived in GA. We had> gone out to eat at a near by restaurant. My husband> always makes me sit with my back to the entrance (he> likes to watch people and their reactions to my> hair)and this night was no different. During dinner, a> group of people came in and were waiting to be seated.> A lady in the group noticed my hair and pointed me out> to one of her friends. Her friend turned around and> for dramitic effect pretended to fall with> astonishment. Only, she lost her balance and really> almost fell. It was her friend that caught her, but> not before she knocked off some flyers that were lying> on the counter.> The second one also involves falling. When we lived in> GA, we very rarely got to see the ocean. So when a few> months after returning to NH, a hurricane was due to> pass close to us, we decided to go to the beach and> watch the waves for a while. After parking the car and> walking to the beach my husband decided that an ice> cream would be nice. So I went and got into line while> he parked himself on a bench. There is a paved area> between the ice cream stand and the sand, about half> the width of a small street. People were walking and> rollerblading on the pavement. Anyway this one young> kid was rolling down the pavement and noticed my hair.> He stopped watching where he was going and almost ran> into a couple that were strolling and holding hands.> He looked back just in time to try to avoid them.> Unfortunately, he turned into the wrong direction and> right into the sand. As soon as his blades hit the> sand he came to a complete stop and fell face first> into the sand. Don't worry, he didn't get hurt at all> and we all had a good laugh.> Take care,> NoreenDear Noreen,First I have to say I that I am very touched that you participated as you have touched me with a comment about me on the long hair site so I feel that I kind of know you., It was a comment when I started. You made me feel comfortable and welcome many times. I respect you very much.ON the subject of your stories I only have one thing to say to youYour beauty has a powerful effect on people. Without any effect you sweep people completely off their feet.Now that is hair power.I love that story . I will remember it for a long timeDiane
Kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
I usually lurk, but I love these stories AND I have a pretty funny one.My husband sent me roses to work for our wedding anniversary so I could show them off and everyone would come by and ooh and aah. Well you know how us women are. :-)Anyway, the roses were interspersed with lots of thick baby's breath and this other types of ferns with long fat leaves. I was looking at the roses and decided to walk over to smell them sitting on a table by my desk. I leaned over and took a big whiff and at that moment my phone rang, I whipped around to answer them and the whole bouquet including the vase came right along with me.I was so stunned that I jerked and several of the flowers remained stuck to my hair while the vase crashed to the floor spilling water everywhere. At that exact moment, with my hair stuck in a bunch of flowers and water spewing everywhere, my boss walked in.She is normally nice, but cool and aloof. She started laughing so hard I thought she would pass out. I have never seen her laugh so hard since.She helped me put the flowers back and pull them out of my hair.Who would ever think of such a thing happening. My hair was only to the middle of my back, but very thick and curly.So I can just imagine what happens to people with really really long hair.By the way, I am telling my husband these stories and he now asks me every day when he gets how if there were any more stories.Thanks for a great site, a great board and a great topic.Kath> Hi Noreen,> Thanks so much for the stories. They were great. You> know what...the first time I saw your hair I just sat> there and stared. So I can understand people having> that reaction to your hair. It is truely amazing.> You are right...these stories have been really great.> Karen
Kathy
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
> I usually lurk, but I love these stories AND I have a> pretty funny one.> My husband sent me roses to work for our wedding> anniversary so I could show them off and everyone> would come by and ooh and aah. Well you know how us> women are. :-)> Anyway, the roses were interspersed with lots of thick> baby's breath and this other types of ferns with long> fat leaves. I was looking at the roses and decided to> walk over to smell them sitting on a table by my desk.> I leaned over and took a big whiff and at that moment> my phone rang, I whipped around to answer them and the> whole bouquet including the vase came right along with> me.> I was so stunned that I jerked and several of the> flowers remained stuck to my hair while the vase> crashed to the floor spilling water everywhere. At> that exact moment, with my hair stuck in a bunch of> flowers and water spewing everywhere, my boss walked> in.> She is normally nice, but cool and aloof. She started> laughing so hard I thought she would pass out. I have> never seen her laugh so hard since.> She helped me put the flowers back and pull them out> of my hair.> Who would ever think of such a thing happening. My> hair was only to the middle of my back, but very thick> and curly.> So I can just imagine what happens to people with> really really long hair.> By the way, I am telling my husband these stories and> he now asks me every day when he gets how if there> were any more stories.> Thanks for a great site, a great board and a great> topic.> KathDear KathyI love your story because I wear flowers in my hair and I buy myself a bouquet once a week but I never thought of following your trend of wearing the whole bouquet. I wonder if its more romantic that way?Laughing. Thank you for the very rich storyDiane
Kath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
You are welcome Diane.I enjoyed telling it. :-)Keep those topics coming.Kath> Dear Kathy> I love your story because I wear flowers in my hair> and I buy myself a bouquet once a week but I never> thought of following your trend of wearing the whole> bouquet. I wonder if its more romantic that way?> Laughing. Thank you for the very rich story> Diane
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
Noreen,You had me rolling. My family thinks I'm nuts now - sitting in front of the computer laughing. It's what I do when I read books, they'll get used to it.I loved your stories.So, exactly how long is your hair?Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
Hi Diane,I am so happy to have been able to make you feel welcome. You are a very valuable member of both groups, and always seem to come up with great topics. I usually tend to be a "lurker", though sometimes I get inspired by all the great posts here.Thank you for your nice compliments. I work in customer service, and after listening to people yell at me all day it is wonderful to come here and read such nice things.Take care,Noreen> Dear Noreen,> First I have to say I that I am very touched that you> participated as you have touched me with a comment> about me on the long hair site so I feel that I kind> of know you., It was a comment when I started. You> made me feel comfortable and welcome many times. I> respect you very much.> ON the subject of your stories I only have one thing> to say to you> Your beauty has a powerful effect on people. Without> any effect you sweep people completely off their feet.> Now that is hair power.> I love that story . I will remember it for a long time> Diane
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
Thanks, Karen. Sometimes it feels so strange to me that I get those reactions. I guess it's because my hair is usually behind me so I don't really get to see what it looks like. And though pictures are nice, I still don't see what other people see. But long hair of any length is pretty unusual around here, and New Englanders seem to have no problem saying what's on their minds...:-)I do have to tell you. My mom and I went out for dinner last night, and the waitress seated us in a booth. After reading the story about Pam, the first thing I did was look to see if any children were sitting in the booth behind me. The waitress saw me checking it out and asked me if there was a problem. I told her Pam's story and she promised not to sit any children behind me. I may start requesting this from now on...:-)Take care,Noreen> Hi Noreen,> Thanks so much for the stories. They were great. You> know what...the first time I saw your hair I just sat> there and stared. So I can understand people having> that reaction to your hair. It is truely amazing.> You are right...these stories have been really great.> Karen
Noreen View Drop Down

Hi Debbie,I am so glad you liked my stories. I really have quite a few of them. I guess in 26 years of growing my hair, I have had ample opportunity for strange things to happen. Currently, my hair is around 51 inches long. This brings it to just a bit below my knees. My goal is to my ankles, but only time will tell if I ever see that length.You sound like me. I always laugh out loud when I think something is funny. My husband would often come in from the other room to see who I was talking to only to find me sitting by myself reading a book or some e-mail. We just celebrated our 24th anniversary, so he already knows I am a bit nutty.Take care,Noreen> Noreen,> You had me rolling. My family thinks I'm nuts now -> sitting in front of the computer laughing. It's what I> do when I read books, they'll get used to it.> I loved your stories.> So, exactly how long is your hair?> Debbie
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
> Thanks, Karen. Sometimes it feels so strange to me> that I get those reactions. I guess it's because my> hair is usually behind me so I don't really get to see> what it looks like. And though pictures are nice, I> still don't see what other people see. But long hair> of any length is pretty unusual around here, and New> Englanders seem to have no problem saying what's on> their minds...:-)> I do have to tell you. My mom and I went out for> dinner last night, and the waitress seated us in a> booth. After reading the story about Pam, the first> thing I did was look to see if any children were> sitting in the booth behind me. The waitress saw me> checking it out and asked me if there was a problem. I> told her Pam's story and she promised not to sit any> children behind me. I may start requesting this from> now on...:-)> Take care,> NoreenNoreen I don't blame you for checking to see if there are children around you or not. I think that in many ways theser stories brought all of us together and we wll remember or I will for sure.Diane
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:26am
> Hi Noreen,Well, I've been growing my hair for 33 years now, and it's only 50 inches long. It gets a certain length and breaks off. My grandfather wanted all 9 of his granddaughters to grow their hair to the floor. I'm the only one that's been trying to do it so far. That's my goal - for him.I read some of your other posts - I don't see what people see when they see me from the back, either. Occasionally I'll grab a hand mirror and stand if front of a full length mirror. I don't think it's quite the same.Good Luck and Happy Growing,DebbieP.S. I tried the Aveda Shampure last night, and the Curressence. My hair feels soooooo soft, I'm excited.Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:26am
> Well, I've been growing my hair for 33 years now, and> it's only 50 inches long. It gets a certain length and> breaks off. My grandfather wanted all 9 of his> granddaughters to grow their hair to the floor. I'm> the only one that's been trying to do it so far.> That's my goal - for him.> I read some of your other posts - I don't see what> people see when they see me from the back, either.> Occasionally I'll grab a hand mirror and stand if> front of a full length mirror. I don't think it's> quite the same.> Good Luck and Happy Growing,> Debbie> P.S. I tried the Aveda Shampure last night, and the> Curressence. My hair feels soooooo soft, I'm excited.> DebbieCongrats on growing your hair for 33 years ...my goodness!! Also, saying it's "only 50 inches long"... that's very long hair and something to be quite proud of. Hopefully we will get to see a picture of you in the future on the front page of the Hair Boutique. Also, I am glad to read your great results from Aveda.. Curessence is fantastic.. best regards.. Cher~
Noreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:26am
Hi Debbie,50 inches is great. Never say only! But I do understand. When you have a goal set and it seems to take so long to try to reach it, it feels like you never will. But there is something to be said about taking one day at a time, and using that time to find the best way to take care of your hair. I have learned so much from the people here, and I admire them all so much that even though they are probably not aware of it they are like family to me. I read every post and try out everything that is suggested, that pertains to my hair type. What a great support group!I am glad you like the Shampure and Curessence. It is great stuff and has done wonders on my hair. Right now I am trying out the ARTec Smoothing line and so far I like them. I am still experimenting with mixing both the Aveda and ARTec products to see which combination works best for me. I hope to have the results soon to post.Take care and keep it growing. Don't give up. I am sure you will some day meet your goal of floor length hair.Noreen> Well, I've been growing my hair for 33 years now, and> it's only 50 inches long. It gets a certain length and> breaks off. My grandfather wanted all 9 of his> granddaughters to grow their hair to the floor. I'm> the only one that's been trying to do it so far.> That's my goal - for him.> I read some of your other posts - I don't see what> people see when they see me from the back, either.> Occasionally I'll grab a hand mirror and stand if> front of a full length mirror. I don't think it's> quite the same.> Good Luck and Happy Growing,> Debbie> P.S. I tried the Aveda Shampure last night, and the> Curressence. My hair feels soooooo soft, I'm excited.> Debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic